ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna

Jan 19, 2009
Does anyone have their schedule and how is the team looking ? I know they graduated quite a bit last season

Pittsylvania Co cancelled football this year.
They are putting the screws to their own kids as well as the rest of the schools in the Dogwood.
Pittsylvania County used to be top notch but they’re headed to being as inept as Danville is. Still a ways to go to catch up to Danville but it’s really sad.

I’m hearing PCS may......MAY play a county only schedule this year. They drug their feet with b-ball and let kids practice all year and dogwood keep their schools on the schedule until cancelling late in the season.

Reactions: Playmaker915
The thing I do not understand with Pittsylvania County Schools is that they have students attending school in person, allow teams to "condition" and "practice", but will not allow them to play. To me it does not make sense.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
The thing I do not understand with Pittsylvania County Schools is that they have students attending school in person, allow teams to "condition" and "practice", but will not allow them to play. To me it does not make sense.
To make it better... the rumor is that the superintendent is going to make an announcement tomorrow about bringing more students into the buildings. Would be rare to have all students in-person every day while not playing sports. I think they'll be playing in a week or so.

To make it better... the rumor is that the superintendent is going to make an announcement tomorrow about bringing more students into the buildings. Would be rare to have all students in-person every day while not playing sports. I think they'll be playing in a week or so.
That still screws over the rest of the Dogwood, but at least those kids would get to play.

Gretna will be extremely young this season. If you can call this a season !! Many 9th graders with zero varsity experience. Some returners may have to play a different position. Three games scheduled. This is going to be more like a enhanced spring practice. It is what it is.

People need to remember that these schedules are tentative. Also you may not even be able to get in. Have not heard if there will be radio coverage on WMNA, THE SPORTS VOICE OF PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY!

Reactions: oldfool2
All four Pittsylvania County Schools (Chatham, Dan River, Gretna, and Tunstall) will play each other once. Then on April 1, the first and second place teams will play each other and the third and fourth place teams play each other. I know Dan River opens at Tunstall, they will play at Chatham, and then host Gretna. I will contact MascotMemorizer to get more info on the dates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT