ADVERTISEMENT

Group A Golf Tournament Site.

Region_D_Billy

VaPreps Varsity
Jan 29, 2004
It's Region D's turn to host the state golf meet. I heard Honaker may be the host and it will be held at Tazewell County Country Club (Honaker's home course). This is a very nice and also a very challenging course. Anyone know for sure if this is true?

Nice??? Sure, maybe compared to Wolf Creek or Willowbrook! Tazewell is a goat track at best! I can't believe the VHSL would allow their State Championship to be played on that course...of course there probably aren't many other options in this end of the state. Of course, Fincastle is far and away the best course west of Roanoke but its not likely that they will host the Class A Championship. If they do play it at Tazewell, everybody better bring their "hiking boots" instead of their golf shoes! LOL

Its still a well taken care of course you have to admit! Its definitly the nicest in Region D I think, and its just as nice or nicer as the majority of the courses in SWVA. Thats really where the challenge comes from is the walking, especially number 8 AKA heart attack hill :p. If those kids from out on the coast complained about Draper Valley, they might as well not even show up at TCCC. Of course the site isn't official yet, Powell Valley will try and get it at Lonesome Pine like they always do. It will be closer for everyone from outside of Region D to have it at Tazewell anyway, instead of traveling another 70 miles to Powell Valley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT