ADVERTISEMENT

GW-0 Altavista-24 FINAL!!!

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
#2 For Altavista bolts through the first and second level of our D and is GONE! 50+ yards This dude is big and FAST lol he runs like a RB should head down and with very bad intentions.

Reactions: lyhsports
GW-0 Altavista-12 7:22 1st Q #2 again this time from 5 yards out. This dude is a man lol if we can't slow him down this will get out of hand fast.

GW-0 Altavista-18 end of the first. What we've learned is #2 = damn good lol. GW needs to fix allot of stuff and we desperately need to stop trying to 1 arm tackle this kid and 2 quit running up the guy they are 8 in the box and we're running right at them.

Good win for altavista, what really surprises me is Radfords close game with Giles. I thought GW beating Radford was eye opening but maybe not so much. Either way they will represent the west.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Sorry for the lack of updates fellas my preps would not work. Kept getting "page can't be reached" and the couple times it did it wouldn't load past the first page. Idk what the hell happened lol.

Now the game Altavista is a damn good team and won this game from start to finish in every part of the game. #2 is legit that kid runs with a purpose and he runs angry. Altavista plays football the right way they play old school line up and punch you HARD! Their coach has them headed in the right direction he is only in his second year so I see a title in their future. Congrats to Altavista on an impressive and earned win.

Now GW played pure slop all night it was sad really. Last week it looked like 1A might want to get ready to get beat cause GW was back in a big way. But as said above idk Radford looks to have fallen off the cliff from last season to this one. Now I do think we will still be in Salem come December but it won't matter if we do not clean up what in saw tonight. We tried to bring #2 down with arms and up high NOT GONNA HAPPEN! That kid wants you to hit him so he can run you over so slapping at him does absolutely nothing. Tackling needs to be fixed now, then our line play was just pitifully bad just kept getting blown off the ball they needs to be fixed now. And then our skills were terrified they ran away from contact they would run backwards and side to side and refused to run at the D. Just overall pitifully bad display by GW and next week we get Graham who will blow us out of these the l things aren't fixed hell they'll probably blow us out either way lol. GW has to fix this soon or it will be a long season for us if we can fix our mistakes and come together we'll be fine and will win 8 games on track to Salem.

Did y'all learn how to tackle in the 2ND half or did altavista just call off the dogs so to speak?

Everyone thinking Essex is a lock to be in Salem but Altavista may have a say in that.

Good win for altavista, what really surprises me is Radfords close game with Giles. I thought GW beating Radford was eye opening but maybe not so much. Either way they will represent the west.
I think GW has to be the favorites. Rye Cove in the far west is tough. Altavista played with Essex last year in the semis. GW tightened up after the first qtr and gave up like 6 or 7 more points the rest of the game. GW has the ability to pull of a W over Altavista or Essex if they played in the final game. I favor Essex/Altavista, but if you think the gap is so wide that GW doesn't have a chance, you might be misled. GW had some chances. Altavista won handedly and deserved to win and was the better team but the competition/level of play/matchup was and is closer than 24 points and it's not so wide that GW couldn't possibly pull a W in game 15 if they get that far. Rye Cove will give GW problems in the semi's if both get that far.

Great win for Altavista.

Reactions: Bo Bob
Did y'all learn how to tackle in the 2ND half or did altavista just call off the dogs so to speak?
Bit of both really we kinda started to play but they also seemed to get tired easily. And they seemed to call off a bit.

Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT