ADVERTISEMENT

GW 28 Glass 10 Final.

Nope, luckily the Piedmont is weak as water. He’ll be back in 3 weeks.
Bye week doesn’t count so technically he won’t play for a month. To me it doesn’t look like a punch. Don tried to get up off of the glass player after driving him into the turf and it looks like the glass player still had a hold of Don’s jersey, which made Don lose his balance for a second and then he used his arm to try to get back up, with a forceful push to the chest with a wide open hand. He never makes a fist. For him to potentially miss an entire month for this is crazy. A basketball player could knock someone out cold and only be out 1 week if they had 3 games in that timeframe. I would definitely appeal and if that doesn’t work, if I’m his parents I’m hiring an attorney.

Good win for the Eagles! They are a great looking football team and deserved the win.

Glass finally got their weaknesses exploited. Surprised they’re not 0-3. If they can get a running game, they’ll be back. Too young on the lines and at running back this year. They’ll still be a tough squad to beat. GW was just really good and well prepared!

Last edited:
Bye week doesn’t count so technically he won’t play for a month. To me it doesn’t look like a punch. Don tried to get up off of the glass player after driving him into the turf and it looks like the glass player still had a hold of Don’s jersey, which made Don lose his balance for a second and then he used his arm to try to get back up, with a forceful push to the chest with a wide open hand. He never makes a fist. For him to potentially miss an entire month for this is crazy. A basketball player could knock someone out cold and only be out 1 week if they had 3 games in that timeframe. I would definitely appeal and if that doesn’t work, if I’m his parents I’m hiring an attorney.
I am hopeful that Glass’s administration works with GW to reduce suspension. We see A LOT WORSE barely get a period of in school suspension in the school system. From what I saw, he did not throw any punches, didn’t curse any adult out, and when it was announced he was ejected, he acted very respectful considering the circumstances. No reason to punish this young man’s future and absolute no reason that kid should be out for a month. I’m all about holding kids accountable but I believe the ejection was enough punishment.

In all, this was a huge win for GW over the region’s runner up team from a year ago. Glass is a well coached…very explosive team with athletes and our defense played lights out. We have not won in City Stadium in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT