ADVERTISEMENT

GW 37 LCA 33 F

They go to Amherst on December 29th.

As far as the Region goes...it's really unclear right now. GW is just getting started, and they're nowhere near full potential, but expect them to be in the thick of things. Charlottesville's first real test is tonight against Norfolk Collegiate, then Western Albemarle next Friday. William Byrd will also reveal what they look like now with Cave Spring tonight. We'll get a good look at some possible playoff scenarios. GW already plays LCA, they play Amherst, and they go to William Byrd on January 17th (that'll really reveal some things). Glass, Amherst, Jefferson Forest and LCA all play in the same district. Pulaski and Blacksburg are a bit on their own, but we should get a good sense of them as well. Charlottesville's only Region opponent this year in the regular season is JF, who they beat 71-56. Right now, for rankings, I'd go...

1. William Byrd
2. GW Danville
3. Charlottesville
4. LCA
5. EC Glass
6. Amherst
7. Blacksburg
8. Pulaski
9. Salem
10. Jefferson Forest
11. Caroll County
12. Bassett

But if you made me pick playoff seedings now, I'd go:

1. GW
2. Charlottesville
3. William Byrd
4. EC Glass
5. Blacksburg
6. Amherst
7. Pulaski
8. LCA
9. Salem
10. Jefferson Forest
11. Carroll County
12. Bassett

They still have some really good players, but the loss of Avion Burton and Carlos is alot.
Yeah they both should have played varsity last year. If GW had Los, Avion and BJ Fitzgerald, they’d for sure win 4a. BJ may be one of the best players in the whole state that nobody knows about. Think he has a couple of D1 offers but he will get more.

They go to Amherst on December 29th.

As far as the Region goes...it's really unclear right now. GW is just getting started, and they're nowhere near full potential, but expect them to be in the thick of things. Charlottesville's first real test is tonight against Norfolk Collegiate, then Western Albemarle next Friday. William Byrd will also reveal what they look like now with Cave Spring tonight. We'll get a good look at some possible playoff scenarios. GW already plays LCA, they play Amherst, and they go to William Byrd on January 17th (that'll really reveal some things). Glass, Amherst, Jefferson Forest and LCA all play in the same district. Pulaski and Blacksburg are a bit on their own, but we should get a good sense of them as well. Charlottesville's only Region opponent this year in the regular season is JF, who they beat 71-56. Right now, for rankings, I'd go...

1. William Byrd
2. GW Danville
3. Charlottesville
4. LCA
5. EC Glass
6. Amherst
7. Blacksburg
8. Pulaski
9. Salem
10. Jefferson Forest
11. Caroll County
12. Bassett