ADVERTISEMENT

GW 55 Halifax 27 7 Min Left

Anybody know why he hasn’t got a scholarship offer yet? He’s been having a season and even has a 3.3 GPA. Seems like a stud

Now that’s a good bounce back win @gweagles1! Great win by the Danville guys tonight. Halifax has some damn good players on their team. They could very well end someone’s season in the playoffs and I wouldn’t call it an upset. Halifax fans should be very happy about the direction their program is going in. Wesley Graves is a DOG!! Shawn Watlington showed why he’s up there with Kendrick as the best ATHs in Region D.

Reactions: lyhsports
Halifax will Have another tough one this week against Magna Vista other than GW they haven’t played anyone
They will go into the playoffs at 7-3 could face GW in the first round remember they got beat by JF
JF and GW are the only 4a schools they will play in the regular season

Since you aren't considering Halifax to be a quality opponent, GW has only defeated one other team with a winning record and that is 4-3 JF.

GW still has to play Magna Vista as well. Halifax and GW share 7 common opponents.

If Halifax is not competitive with Magna Vista , I could see them losing the week after against Patrick County.

It amazes me that GW and Halifax border each other and are similar in size, but yet GW has all these athletes and numbers for football and Halifax does not.

The score looked bad, but it was a closer game than the score indicates. Halifax is not designed to come from behind and they are definitely not prepared for physical teams. I guess it would be hard when you are a 4D school, but only dress maybe 30 and play the same 12-15 players all game. 15 players won't be able to take the pounding of teams like JF, GW, Salem, Glass. Halifax looked better than they have in the past, but they have a long way to go. They would be semi dangerous in 2A, unfortunately they are not in that size range.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
What is your point about GW and Tunstall? GW also borders Dan River, Chatham, and BY, but none of those schools are class 4.

Halifax is victim to not having high retention rates for football coaches. Right now they are building for the future. I think if they build the new school and facilities get that whole county vested, then you may see Halifax overtake GW. Halifax has the potential to win 3 state championships this year in boys basketball, baseball and softball. The talent is there.

Just from my parents being from there and my living there for several years I know baseball was always a good sport for them. Being in C4 should give them some good competition and a good chance to compete statewide.

I'm less familiar with basketball statewide, but if they can compete with GW, then they have a good chance of competing for C4.

Football wasn't a big deal when we left in 85 for Rustburg, but they did have a spectacular undefeated team in 91. Since then unfortunately, it's been lean for them. I think it will take a couple of years in this Class to really get back to a competitive team within the region. They need coaching and administrative stability, community support, and to fix up their facilities. (Which I understand they are going to do or are working on)

I'm not sure what can be done about regular season scheduling as they are in a district that generally can't consistently prepare them for the playoffs in football. Decisions regarding district play and scheduling have to consider the affects on all sports and that hurts both GW and Halifax because they are in an isolated area of the state. Both schools would benefit from being in the Seminole, but for them to come in smaller schools like Rustburg and Liberty could get moved out.

Way to many variables factor into these decisions than I can even conceive of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT