ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville Elite Challenge & 7on7

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Via @Chuck Vipperman (GW)

Need a little something to feed your summertime football fix? Come out to J.T. Christopher Stadium Thursday June 28th for the annual GW Elite Team Challenge!

The following schools will be competing:

GW (Top 10 4a team in VA)
Heritage-Lynchburg (Top 3a team in VA)
Eastern Alamance (Top 10 3a team in NC)
Reidsville (2016 State Champs in NC, 2017 State Runner Up)
North Forsyth
High Point Central
Person Co.

In the 7 on 7 part of the competition each team will play every other team that is there, as well as have a game off to rest. Points are awarded to the winner of each 7 on 7 game and these points will go to the teams overall point total.

While the speed guys are doing their thing, the lineman will have 5 events of their own:

***Bench Press for reps at 185
***Hang Clean for reps at 185
***4 vs 4 Tug-of-war
***Tire flip
***Sled pull relay
***4x100m relay

Points are awarded to the teams that finish first, second, and third. The team with the most points combined from the 7 on 7 and the lineman will be the overall winner and receive a plaque to take home with them.

The fun begins Thursday at 10am at Christopher Stadium!!

If you’re in the area come on down. I’ve gone every year since 2014 and it’s been a treat to watch. Heritage won the Battle of the Border last week so my Danville boys will want some revenge. Let me know if you’ll be attending. We can shake hands and talk life and football.

-SportsHead

Reactions: Lewis918777
It wasn't a need to under the old regime since Amherst only threw the ball 15 times all season. I'm sure your new coach will in years going forward.
I agree but I like when kids compete throughout the year.Right now our kids is doing nothing and that concerns me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT