ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Got a chance to see them play tonight and first and foremost I have to give credit to the 2 time regning 3a state champion Magna Vista Warriors. Those guys have a hell of a program over there. Forest had a quiet 218 yards rushing tonight. He now needs 17 more yards to break David Wilson's record. What I observed is GW's passing game is almost non existent, which is really strange. When you're used to watching a team with a QB who can throw that thing and the receivers go get it for the past 4 years and see this year's team, if just doesn't feel right. Maybe we can barrow some of MV's receivers lol!! GW has good possession receivers but no down field targets. However, the GW receivers are excellent downfield blockers. Magna Vista interior D line and linebackers were a handful all night. GW's option attack is their bread and butter and of course hand offs to Forest. The GW defense is very very young, Sherando young. A lot of sophomores and freshmen will be pulled up from JV who went 10-0 this year. My prediction on GW: they should be able to win this week at home simply because a 5hr bus ride from Leesburg is no joke and I think Forest will be enough to win. I think that they will get quality experience and confidence although Byrd or Salem will end their season the following and do it pretty easily.

Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT