ADVERTISEMENT

GW Football Preview by CVip

With my sarcasm aside, Gw has a lot of great talent, and I’m excited to see what they put on the field. I’m looking forward to seeing how they do with their non District opponents particularly the Seminole teams!

Reactions: VolNation85
It’s going to be a great year for the state to test itself across the board. GW, Sherando, Salem, Glass, Broad Run, Tuscarora, Blacksburg, Lake Taylor etc...

From the north to the south you have great staffs and great programs who will have to earn everything they get. Exciting from WEEK 1 on!!

Best of luck to everybody!!!

It wasn't you but around this time last year there was a guy that had all types of videos on here about GW. He's exact words were GW had some "dogs". Once their season was over didn't see much from him.

Somethings in life like your peace and sanity are worth more than people logging in to bash you for bringing attention to high school kids busting their ass to better themselves. Especially when some of those kids have been set up for failure by the “system” or “life”, but maybe one day you’ll catch the point. Instead of another poster here with a voice and insight about local teams and areas that not all fans can travel too weekly or at all we are stuck with posters who bring up the past and beat on dead carcasses. If the shoe fits wear it...

Reactions: one man and aw19752
Somethings in life like your peace and sanity are worth more than people logging in to bash you for bringing attention to high school kids busting their ass to better themselves. Especially when some of those kids have been set up for failure by the “system” or “life”, but maybe one day you’ll catch the point. Instead of another poster here with a voice and insight about local teams and areas that not all fans can travel too weekly or at all we are stuck with posters who bring up the past and beat on dead carcasses. If the shoe fits wear it...
I have no idea what you are talking about @rainman17, but I gave you a like because your message seem so deep and personal.

Oct. 4 in Danville! EC Glass is one of the favorites to win it all this year let’s see! I got this one circled on my calendar! No disrespect
Who has Glass as a favorite to win it all? Haven’t seen that anywhere.

Last edited:
Not at all gw has a great team and will be one heck of a matchup. If both teams are as good as I think it may not matter who wins the 1st game. The important one may be the rematch. But it is hs football so anything can happen.

Are you a politician? This is a walkback worthy of a Congressional hearing.

You heard what you *wanted* to hear.
Lol I'm not the only one that heard that but we'll just leave it there. At the end of the day you are a commentator for GW football so it's ok for you or your co-host to say or imply that they are going to win states. I think that's expected. I simply answered a question.

It wasn't you but around this time last year there was a guy that had all types of videos on here about GW. He's exact words were GW had some "dogs". Once their season was over didn't see much from him.

Well to be fair, it wasn't after their season was over, it was early in the season and sounds like had nothing to do with the season.

And while I am not one who gets into trash talk, I can't recall that poster actually posting anything about how good the team was going to be, just videos and talk about kids, and I see that as a positive. There is SO much in the world today that is negative so when ANYTHING good can be said about someone, especially a KID, how could anyone take issue with that?

And I have no clue about the area in that part of the state, just 2nd hand info. But I am sure IT'S A LOT more to growing up in an inner city as opposed to other places. I know what the difference here is between the country living where I lives and 10 minutes down the road to a city. And that's not even an inner city atmosphere.

So maybe their was big reason why the guy that said about that had a reason

Reactions: aw19752
Well to be fair, it wasn't after their season was over, it was early in the season and sounds like had nothing to do with the season.

And while I am not one who gets into trash talk, I can't recall that poster actually posting anything about how good the team was going to be, just videos and talk about kids, and I see that as a positive. There is SO much in the world today that is negative so when ANYTHING good can be said about someone, especially a KID, how could anyone take issue with that?

And I have no clue about the area in that part of the state, just 2nd hand info. But I am sure IT'S A LOT more to growing up in an inner city as opposed to other places. I know what the difference here is between the country living where I lives and 10 minutes down the road to a city. And that's not even an inner city atmosphere.

So maybe their was big reason why the guy that said about that had a reason
This is a week old. I'm over it

GW fans should be excited about the season. The line is big (the biggest in height and weight in school history), the kids have been shattering weight room records and they have 3 RBs with D1 & D2 offers in Wesley Graves (VSU, UVA Wise), Shawn Watlington (will play mostly WR but will get a lot of carries too. He has UMass, W&M, and Howard offers) and Willie Edmunds (Hampton and Howard offers). Offense stalled a lot late last year. Combination of being the out of sync & timing. Defense speed will be good and will be led by Shawn Watlington, big 6’5 285 Jalen Williamson (has broken all weightlifting records at GW) and super sophomore Shy Watlington, who won’t be a huge drop off from Carl Poole. Great preview Chuck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT