ADVERTISEMENT

GW/King’s Fork Thread

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
I was critical of the Eagles’ focus at the beginning of the season. Looks like they’ve weathered the storm thanks to superior speed and athleticism. I do believe GW can knock out the giants. Very very good guards in Danville. My question is will GW have an answer for Livingston down low? Shakobe Hairston is very very good. Shakobe is 6’2 and Livingston is 6’6. Will have to frustrate him like Monacan did last night.

Last edited:
IDidntGetBanned, I tried to message you yesterday homie.

Epps has me scared.
GW is taking a fan bus up but not a student bus. So hopefully we can still pack the stands at NSU. Are you going to go @iDidntGetBanned?
I’ll be there bro. I advise anyone not riding the bus to get a ticket on GoFan! I was at the games at Norfolk State on Friday and it was packed!

Just remember that VHSL is not beyond selling more tickets than seats. If you recall years back when GW played Highland Springs in the finals they turned away hundreds that had presale tickets in hand. Two busloads should up from Danville after they closed the doors
GET THERE EARLY

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Just remember that VHSL is not beyond selling more tickets than seats. If you recall years back when GW played Highland Springs in the finals they turned away hundreds that had presale tickets in hand. Two busloads should up from Danville after they closed the doors
GET THERE EARLY
I went to watch King’s Fork play Menchville at Smithfield 2 weeks ago and they oversold tickets. They ended up turning back about 250 people waiting in line. Tomorrow will be packed especially with Green Run who are making their first trip this far in a very long time.

Epps has me scared.
GW is taking a fan bus up but not a student bus. So hopefully we can still pack the stands at NSU. Are you going to go @iDidntGetBanned?
Also, Epps is extremely good. As a program, we haven’t seen a PG as good as Epps since we played Frank Mason back in 2011. All of our guys were in elementary school. Epps is a rare talent and will be a top PG who plays at a major program. I believe this KF team is probably the best team in the state of Virginia regardless of class. They are very very very young though. I think a win by Danville today solidifies our status of an elite and premier program in the state of Virginia. 10 trips to the state tournament since 2006. A lot of teams would do anything for a quarter of that success!

Guard play is the key to this game, and I think Gw have to give up points on guard play, play defense on Epps, not saying stop him but contain him to atleast 15pts make the others beat you not just one player. I still say KF win and it’s Wilson vs KF rematch

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Naw no excuse they wasn’t gonna win either way Kf to quick guard play was key and KF will be back the next 2yrs Epps a sophomore my guy

Reactions: st8chmpLB
Team exceeded expectations, the boys did an amazing job. Facebook is on fire today though...everyone is in a mood one way or another. Congratulations to KF. Going to be a good final, I'll be there.

Reactions: tommythecpa
Don't be that guy lol
I’ve been criticized for being “ too hard” on the team over the past 48 hours but I was born and raised on GW football and basketball. Teams like Salem (football), Princess Ann (girls basketball), Martinsville (boys basketball), and other powers across the state just expect to be there no matter what kind of talent they have on the court. @mike salem your guys are never ever out of it no matter what talent level they have and the expectations are always the same.. State championship or bust!! Nor will you ever hear their fans or coaches say “we exceeded expectations” because their only expectation is to win!!! We don’t have that mentality in Danville and I don’t see that developing anytime soon. When the Mill left Danville, that proud, winner’s mentality left too. We gave up on Tuesday. Though I love and support GW sports (can’t call me a bandwagon because I keep coming back every year win, loss or draw) we just haven’t established that pride that we’re Danville and we’re going to fight to the end. We’ve had a lot of close calls, things that hasn’t gone our way..BUT we’re the only sports high school in a city with a population of 40k! The talent in the city is unreal but unfortunately we are really underachieving! I’m not criticizing, but I am saying that we need to invest in our kids!

I’ve been criticized for being “ too hard” on the team over the past 48 hours but I was born and raised on GW football and basketball. Teams like Salem (football), Princess Ann (girls basketball), Martinsville (boys basketball), and other powers across the state just expect to be there no matter what kind of talent they have on the court. @mike salem your guys are never ever out of it no matter what talent level they have and the expectations are always the same.. State championship or bust!! Nor will you ever hear their fans or coaches say “we exceeded expectations” because their only expectation is to win!!! We don’t have that mentality in Danville and I don’t see that developing anytime soon. When the Mill left Danville, that proud, winner’s mentality left too. We gave up on Tuesday. Though I love and support GW sports (can’t call me a bandwagon because I keep coming back every year win, loss or draw) we just haven’t established that pride that we’re Danville and we’re going to fight to the end. We’ve had a lot of close calls, things that hasn’t gone our way..BUT we’re the only sports high school in a city with a population of 40k! The talent in the city is unreal but unfortunately we are really underachieving! I’m not criticizing, but I am saying that we need to invest in our kids!
Within SWVA (incl ROA, Southside & Lyn) I have not seen a school with more talent than GW year in and year out on the football field. Just a football observation, but the LOS is what makes the difference between Salem and a lot of other schools and is the biggest reason for their success.

I'm not a big basketball guy because the winter really limits me in getting out, but GW & Halifax look to be front-runners in Reg D for the foreseeable future.

Having lived in SoBo and playing baseball as a youngster, I will be interested to see how HC does in C4. Baseball was always tough in HC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT