ADVERTISEMENT

GW leaving the HOGO

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
So this has to be the most laughable thing I think I've ever read on preps or HOGO.com and this comes from HOGO.com.

"Any word on Zack? The Radio announcer said GW had 8 personal foul calls, one sent Zack to the hospital. Do we need schools like GW in the Hogoheegee? I think it is time for them to be in another district. Thier actions with coaches and student athletes speak for themselves. It is time for the VHSL to step in and investigate the school and address the issues at GW. GW's time in the Hogo has been to long, and does not serve the best interest of its students in my opinion"

This guy is seriously trying to say that GW needs to be kicked out of the HOGO and investigated because we play harder, hit harder and are just a better team the 90% of the HOGO. This guy is a more than out of line he goes on in another post to say our athletes are out of control and look to hurt other kids. I had to bring this to a bigger stage so people could see it. And as I told him GW would welcome an investigation it would finally prove that we are on the up and up and run nothing but a clean program. Please by all means debate this sad little topic and attempt to get GW out of the HOGO.

Yep the refs actually called on because we had a kid who was subbing out and didn't get off the field in time so they call it a 15yd personal. And at least 3 or 4 of the other ones were just bs calls like the one that the kid got hurt on it was a clean block it was just a very hard hit.

This is simply a crying fan who is mad that his team is 4-21 against GW over the last 25 years and that will not change any time soon.

Send us to another district. I'll be fine with that. At least we would have some competition there.

For 1 reason I would like GDUB2010 said more competition and if we left we could still schedule RR every year. But on the other hand we have been in the HOGO for 25 years now and no matter how many people want us out we deserve to be there. But you also have to look and see that the people that want us gone are the same people who try and say we hide kids to keep our numbers low. And that we are dirty and blah blah blah we heard this crap since I played.

Yeah haha I remember when I played. People hated us, they always have and always will that's for sure! I love it though.

I do believe 100% in my heart that if we joined a tougher district, I believe it would help our talent get noticed a lot more so these kids that work hard actually has some recruitments coming their way.

I've thought for the last 10 years so there's enough of the old New River District schools that has dropped down to what is AA or A now it could be revived.

Narrows
Giles
George Wythe
Fort Chiswell
Galax
Grayson Co.
Radford
Auburn

Throw in Floyd Co. and/or East Mont as well possibly.

I think that could be a fun and competitive district that would help with scheduling and travel every year as well.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Which district would you want to join? Mountain Empire? Three Rivers?
Me personally I want to stay right where we are we have made it home but if I had to pick the Three Rivers that would help our kids so much or I really like SW_VA Boys idea that would be an amazing district.

Yeah haha I remember when I played. People hated us, they always have and always will that's for sure! I love it though.
Couldn't agree more I love when a team or a group of fans cant stand us it just makes it that much sweeter when we win. I remember coach telling us you know they hate us but we love being the bad guy its fun gives us a reason to beat them that much worse. The whole time I played and was growing up every coach would tell us everyone hates you we have the biggest target on our backs but that's fine they will always find a reason to hate success.

With the release of the new enrollment numbers, I took the opportunity to realign every school in the state in to a 4A system, with almost NO mixed districts. It's kind of an annual hobby of mine. GW is still in the Hogo in my classification. They would remain 1A with PH, Chilhowie, Holston, RR, and Northwood. MED would feature Auburn, Bland, Fort, Galax, and Radford. Three Rivers would become a 2A district. If GW would stop hiding kids, they could join it.

Trust me we don't hide any kids at all we have 435 enrolled at GW right now less than Chilhowie at 439 and only 26 more than PH. That's from the VHSL so no we don't hide any kids never have never will it's pure talent nothing more numbers don't matter if the kids are good enough.

In all fairness, the gentleman who made those comments has since said he was wrong and retracted the statement. He manned up and said that it was an emotional reaction, and I respect that. He's a knowledgeable and classy guy.

Just wanted to clear the air about that situation. Some are quick to copy, paste, and spread without clarification for the sake of stirring the pot.

I literally just now saw where he said what he said and much respect to him for saying it. And who is this pertaining to "Just wanted to clear the air about that situation. Some are quick to copy, paste, and spread without clarification for the sake of stirring the pot."

Last edited:
The reason I ask is because if it is about me as I assume it is then no its not to stir the pot it was and is intended to get his comments on a bigger stage. His comments at that time were some of the most laughable things I had ever seen anyone post as so many on HOGO have said. Like you said on HOGO you think my "Not to start crap only a conversation" line is only to start crap and as another said today it a weak shield so I can start crap and not have to deal with the backlash. My line is not a shield and it not a way to start crap it is so butt hurt babies can see that what I post is my opinion and mine alone. If someone else likes my opinion or share it then fine if not well then that's why we all have our own. I have always and will always back my words if I'm proven wrong then ill gladly eat my crow I don't see how I'm any different from anyone else who posts. Is it because I speak my mind no matter who it offends? What is it really if I had to guess its that I do not care if I make someone mad I don't care if anyone likes me or not loves me or hates me and I'm right MOST of the time don't miss that MOST part not all the time. Again this isn't to start crap only a conversation.

The reason I ask is because if it is about me as I assume it is then no its not to stir the pot it was and is intended to get his comments on a bigger stage. His comments at that time were some of the most laughable things I had ever seen anyone post as so many on HOGO have said. Like you said on HOGO you think my "Not to start crap only a conversation" line is only to start crap and as another said today it a weak shield so I can start crap and not have to deal with the backlash. My line is not a shield and it not a way to start crap it is so butt hurt babies can see that what I post is my opinion and mine alone. If someone else likes my opinion or share it then fine if not well then that's why we all have our own. I have always and will always back my words if I'm proven wrong then ill gladly eat my crow I don't see how I'm any different from anyone else who posts. Is it because I speak my mind no matter who it offends? What is it really if I had to guess its that I do not care if I make someone mad I don't care if anyone likes me or not loves me or hates me and I'm right MOST of the time don't miss that MOST part not all the time. Again this isn't to start crap only a conversation.

This is a mighty long explanation for someone who doesn't care.

Haha my man trust me I do not care its a long explanation for the simple ones who cant understand why I do it. If someone hates me for my opinions then fine I actually like having haters it gives me someone to make look stupid. And if someone likes me because I DONT CARE and hate this PC BS cool deal. But we all have out own opinion so I will speak my mind regardless of who I offend. Again this isn't to start carp its to start a conversation if it does oh well lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT