ADVERTISEMENT

GW QB??

DiamondDude

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Just wondering....is Maroons QB Deacon Beamer and/or AD Rusty Beamer anyway related to Frank?
I understand it was the first game of season, but still, GW gave up 55 points. Riverheads' first game was a 45-9 pasting of Robert E. Lee-Staunton.
Now that means diddly 12 13 weeks later, but the Gladiators faced only one real challenge ALL season: against 2A county rival Buffalo Gap (a 21-14 win) and was rock solid with first-team D in EVERY game. . GW gets to play at home at Pendleton Field, and that can be worth a few points, but unless the Maroons get stellar linebacker play, Riverheads wins by 2-3 scores. Just a hunch. That's why its played!

In the first game against Radford we started 7 sophomores 1 Jr and 3 Sr now all of the youth has caught up to the competition. And our D line and LB's are mean and fast and the D line is massive our Run D is our best weapon on either side of the ball. The D line is 6'7 250 DE, 6'3 285 T, 6'3 270 T, 6'5 270 DE with our LB's at 6'0 210 5'10 220 and we sub a lot of LB's who stay about the same size and speed. So with as well as Riverheads runs that O and our D this should be a war lol.

Reactions: Bama1985
Just wondering....is Maroons QB Deacon Beamer and/or AD Rusty Beamer anyway related to Frank?
I understand it was the first game of season, but still, GW gave up 55 points. Riverheads' first game was a 45-9 pasting of Robert E. Lee-Staunton.
Now that means diddly 12 13 weeks later, but the Gladiators faced only one real challenge ALL season: against 2A county rival Buffalo Gap (a 21-14 win) and was rock solid with first-team D in EVERY game. . GW gets to play at home at Pendleton Field, and that can be worth a few points, but unless the Maroons get stellar linebacker play, Riverheads wins by 2-3 scores. Just a hunch. That's why its played!

I'm almost positive Deacon and Rusty are not related to Frank. I can't say that in full confidence, but in all my years of knowing Rusty, that would be the best kept secret in Wythe County lol!

I can completely relate to what you're saying to our week one performance. We really took our lumps that week. We did, though, beat that same team Saturday. Riverheads' defense does concern me going into this game. I haven't seen any thing on that side of the ball yet with my own eyes. Those point totals speak for themselves, so I know they are solid. To me, that's the great thing about these East/West matchups. There's really no telling, and there's a gamut of uncertainty. That's what makes this round fun. I can tell you this, though...I don't mind us being counted out before a game starts. We've been in that situation before. Yes, we've lost some, and some weren't close. But we've won a lot of those games, too. Ask anyone from Gate City to Franklin and a lot of places in between. I'm not saying we will beat Riverheads Saturday. I'm just saying...

...You never know.

Last edited:
They are related! But very distantly, I remember a few years back talking to Rusty and he said they were some sort of distant cousins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT