ADVERTISEMENT

GW scores.....

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
70....AGAIN. Breaks 500 points for the year. I think the all time record is 545..Right Chuck/Lewis/Tommy? That was for 13 games in 2014.. Sophomore Wesley Graves has 1100 with 19 TDs and he’s only played in 6 and a half games. Los sat out for the 1st and Shawn Watlington didn’t even play. Danville Tuff!!!

Last edited:
70....AGAIN. Breaks 500 points for the year. I think the all time record is 545..Right Chuck/Lewis/Tommy? That was for 13 games in 2013.. Sophomore Wesley Graves has 1100 with 19 TDs and he’s only played in 6 and a half games. Los sat out for the 1st and Shawn Watlington didn’t even play. Danville Tuff!!!
They broke the record and still have 1 game left. Yes they are TUFF!!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
70....AGAIN. Breaks 500 points for the year. I think the all time record is 545..Right Chuck/Lewis/Tommy? That was for 13 games in 2013.. Sophomore Wesley Graves has 1100 with 19 TDs and he’s only played in 6 and a half games. Los sat out for the 1st and Shawn Watlington didn’t even play. Danville Tuff!!!

We broke the regular season record tonight. It was 501 points in 1995. We're now at 520 with a game left.

The all-time mark, including playoffs, was in 2014 when we scored 556 in 13 games. Maybe we can get that next week.

The only reason I'm not totally sold on you guys yet is just because I have no idea what to think of 4D. Amherst beat you guys by 10, then you beat JF by 1 then JF beat Amherst by 1. And it's hard to tell on those teams because JF beat Amherst, Amherst beat Brookville 42-21 then Brookville beat JF 42-21, it's all just crazy. GW hasn't had a tough game since Magna Vista I think, and it will be really interesting to see how they come out against one of those dangerous 6-8 teams like JF or Amherst again or Cville. I am rooting for Danville over an team in 4D other than Cville lol. Good luck.

Impressive job GW. Glad to see you guys healthy and looking to make noise in playoffs. Once the second season begins, do you feel your possible re-matches could work in your favor or against you? Also, will it take 50 points to win those games? Looking like fireworks in November. Hope weather will be mild.

You can say the same about Salem and Blacksburg since those two met. LCA was the only game that GW was at full strength. Not taking nothing from Amherst but we had a lot of guys out. We were deflated after Carl Poole and Wes Graves got injured in the second. JF played us the next week and GW could’ve very easily folded, but they didn’t. Since Poole is back, our team looks a lot better, especially the defense. We called some JV guys up that will contribute. GW is in good shape going forward. Yes they gave up a good number of points, but nobody has stopped our O all year. When the O isn’t clicking, the defense makes plays. I’m not a grandiose fan to say that we’re going all the way or we’re the best team in the Region, but I like this team’s chances (especially at the 3 seed) to at least play for the Region D championship and hopefully go further. The talent is there. GW should be a top 5 team in the state next year.

Last edited:
In case of Salem, they lost Owen, versatile player and leader in many ways. I believe Blacksburg playing like a team with mission to prove they are not just a 3A Champ. Home field will be an advantage. Yes can be deflating when team has injuries. Let the top 8 get their assignments and let’s get it on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT