ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Galax

Denver brown for 60ish td td on the 3rd play of the game. Gw fumbled the first two snaps. Lost the second one

Last edited:
I don’t know how much more I wanna listen to this one. Gw fumbled for the 3rd time. This time on 3rd and 30. Galax Scored off of it in 2 plays 14-0. Hope this one goes to continuous clock in the 2nd half so people don’t have to sit in this rain

Denver brown with his 3rd td at the end of the first quarter. 90yds. He’s got over 160 on those three touchdowns let alone the yards in between

It’s actually 31-0. Gw had a punt blocked. Galax started on the 11 and got stopped. Not gonna lie tho, I wouldn’t have kicked a fg. They’ve pressured wytheville all day.
Just heard Gw lost another fumble

Scratch that, td on the first play after the fumble. 38-0. Coached didn’t loose 3 fumbles or get a punt blocked. I think galax is leaps and bounds above gw

This is absolutely a joke. Galax scores again with a 15 seconds to go in the half 45-0. Gonna be hard to determine a player of the game today. Brown, beeman, Pickett, Johnson!
Clocks definitely gonna be rolling in the 2nd half.

I don’t understand why brown is still running the ball. Didn’t Dixon learn anything when dougie peoples got hurt a couple of years ago? Especially considering brown has a history at gw.

Reactions: Scagmowers
Never mind...Dixon knows what he’s doing. Brown on a 98 yd td run. Guess he figures if gw won’t tackle him might as well let him do his thing. Which goes back to the earlier statement about player of the game. Have to give it to mr Brown with 4 tds and well over 300 yds.

Maybe I was wrong lol, looks like Galax may have something for Riverheads after all if they beat a very physical and we'll coached PH team next week.

Reactions: imabluesfan
No disrespect to RH but im a Maroon Tide fan for the rest of the season. But I honestly dont think it matters who RH plays they will win by 21+ easily. Again I hope Galax wins it all now but I highly doubt THE BIG RED MACHINE get beat this year.

No disrespect to RH but im a Maroon Tide fan for the rest of the season. But I honestly dont think it matters who RH plays they will win by 21+ easily. Again I hope Galax wins it all now but I highly doubt THE BIG RED MACHINE get beat this year.
We have to get by a good Essex team 1st. I can promise you theyre not just going to rollover and give it to us. I look for a close game that could go either way.

Great season GW, the QB and WR are special players and had a phenominal year. As I stated on the other board I have watched 5 of your games in person this year and have truly enjoyed talking to the GW fans I have meet this year.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
We have to beat PH first to have a shot at the championship....one game at a time

Hopefully Galax takes care of business vs. PH. Otherwise you can expect another yawner in the state title game regardless of who wins between Essex and Riverheads.

Sussex, Essex and Galax in 3 straight weeks would be the toughest road for Riverheads to 4 peat.

We have to beat PH first to have a shot at the championship....one game at a time
True both RH and Galax have to win. And RH has the harder game imo but I think they still win. And I know im gonna make some people mad by saying this but its true region D is incredibly weak from top to bottom. Not trying to start anything but its true imo PH is between 6-4 and 7-3 if they played in C. I think the Galax vs PH game will be a blowout very similar to the game today. PH hasn't played a single team this year that is within 50 of Galax and it will show next week.

True both RH and Galax have to win. And RH has the harder game imo but I think they still win. And I know im gonna make some people mad by saying this but its true region D is incredibly weak from top to bottom. Not trying to start anything but its true imo PH is between 6-4 and 7-3 if they played in C. I think the Galax vs PH game will be a blowout very similar to the game today. PH hasn't played a single team this year that is within 50 of Galax and it will show next week.
Agreed.

Hopefully Galax takes care of business vs. PH. Otherwise you can expect another yawner in the state title game regardless of who wins between Essex and Riverheads.

Sussex, Essex and Galax in 3 straight weeks would be the toughest road for Riverheads to 4 peat.

If Patrick Henry beats Galax, that shows they belong. They're well coached, they have a nasty defense and their star RB is back. If they can beat an uber talented and physical team like Galax, they can compete against RHS. I don't believe they will beat Galax, but last year was 7-0 at halftime and 21-7 into the fourth quarter. The final score was deceiving, Chilhowie had some chances but two INTs and a big stop by Riverheads inside their own 20 let them pull away.

If Patrick Henry beats Galax, that shows they belong. They're well coached, they have a nasty defense and their star RB is back. If they can beat an uber talented and physical team like Galax, they can compete against RHS. I don't believe they will beat Galax, but last year was 7-0 at halftime and 21-7 into the fourth quarter. The final score was deceiving, Chilhowie had some chances but two INTs and a big stop by Riverheads inside their own 20 let them pull away.

I'd rather see a team and coach that has proven that they can play with the Gladiators. Does PH at least have a short yardage offensive play in their playbook? The other fun gun team from Region D, Chilhowie, does not. And we've heard the same thing about the Warriors and their coaches the last couple of seasons btw.

I'd rather see a team and coach that has proven that they can play with the Gladiators. Does PH at least have a short yardage offensive play in their playbook? The other fun gun team from Region D, Chilhowie, does not. And we've heard the same thing about the Warriors and their coaches the last couple of seasons btw.
Yeah, they are a physical, run first team. They will try and stay on the field and churn up clock and yards.

Chilhowie was down 7-0 at the half last year and it was 21-7 in the fourth, it's not like Riverheads blew them out. They were as close as any other teams were to RHS.

Fair enough on the score you are referring to but did you ever really get the sense they could win. I can tell you from watching Galax/Riverheads in 2015 we shouldn’t have had that chance to win at the end and it felt the same in the last two years but in reverse. It is all in the eye of the beholder I guess but I never sensed Chilhowie was a threat in either game once it started, just being honest.

.PH is a different looking team than they’ve ever had this year. I saw for myself. They look like they are trying to run a riverheads type offense. Not the same, but similar . I honestly doubt they could beat riverheads at their own game. We will probably never know but I do believe they put up more than 6 points against galax.

Red pride your correct in your statement. I was at the game on the west side and no, was never a time Chilhowie had a sense that they could pull it off. Not one time no matter how much we wanted to see it, it wasn’t as close really as the score.

I will take your guys word on what you're saying about PH and I hope you're right. But like i say we all heard the same exact things the last couple of seasons about Chilhowie and all I remember about them was having a 4th and 1 inch situation and not even having a QB under center play in their playbook. We heard the same things even further back in history with JI Burton. The only two teams from south of Roanoke that have showed anything over the last ten years are Galax and GW.

I say that with the utmost respect for the athletes that competed and the coaching staff. I do not want to take away from their accomplishment in getting there. I know I was disappointed in losing to Galax but they were better and sometimes that’s just about all you can say.

Come on man...are you kidding me? Not only will PH keep it within 50, I bet they score more than 6... but to say that their schedule is weak is kinda funny considering what GW had this year.
Radford 8-2
Fort Chiswell 4-6
Marion 3-7
Carroll co 3-7
Auburn 5-5
Gate city 4-6
Galax 9-1
Grayson 3-7
Rural Retreat 4-6
And don’t forget bland was also supposed to be a part of that schedule. Smh

Imo if PH wins it will be because Galax gave it away. 4+ turnovers, 150+ in penalties ect ect ect but anyone who has seen Galax knows they dont do those things. And if they do its fixed quickly and without question. No team in region C or D is in the same league as Galax this year. PH looks great against region D teams but region D is basically the hogo which is terrible always has been always will be. Imo Galax will win easily and if they do get beat and thats a massive if then Essex vs RH is the true state title game. 99% of us said it would be RH vs Galax in Salem at the beginning of the year and I still think it will be. Galax-63 PH-14
RH-49 Essex-14

Reactions: Mike777VSP
Look I’m not saying PH is in anyway gonna win state. Nor would I say the same about Galax. I saw firsthand how dominant the riverheads team is. I think PH plays closer with Galax than gw did today. I also think galax is gonna represent the west.
I just think PH deserves to be where they are because it really looked Like they’ve done their homework from what it looks like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT