ADVERTISEMENT

Half EV 14 Culpeper 0

That catch by Leake was incredible though.,,too bad he was barely OB. Butler looks decent but all those penalties are killers.

And CCHS is a bit better than I thought they would be.

That catch by Leake was incredible though.,,too bad he was barely OB. Butler looks decent but all those penalties are killers.

I was just about to ask which it was- EV playing down or Culpeper playing up!

Silly amount of penalties. Culpeper’s defense isn’t too bad....still doubt if they score though.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
The machine known as the Cyclones keep rolling on. When the last time they lost a regular season game?

Doesn’t seem to be the explosive offense of the past few years. Defense looked good. Even though they were shutout, probably the best effort from Culpeper against EV in a while.

Doesn’t seem to be the explosive offense of the past few years. Defense looked good. Even though they were shutout, probably the best effort from Culpeper against EV in a while.
Definitely not as explosive but maybe more physical?

One play in particular: on EVs opening drive of third quarter, Butler went off tackle on a keeper needing four yds for the first down. Looked like he was going to come up short. However...he lowered his shoulder and just trucked #8. The collision was scary. The defender had to be helped off the field. Not a fan of a QB doing that (he could have ran OB) but the team really appreciated the mentality/effort.

Definitely not as explosive but maybe more physical?

One play in particular: on EVs opening drive of third quarter, Butler went off tackle on a keeper needing four yds for the first down. Looked like he was going to come up short. However...he lowered his shoulder and just trucked #8. The collision was scary. The defender had to be helped off the field. Not a fan of a QB doing that (he could have ran OB) but the team really appreciated the mentality/effort.
Yes...definitely more physical type running. I think there were close to 25 penalties in that game. Hard to tell if all the holding penalties were legit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT