ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Sherando 16 Kettle Run 14

Sherando is fortunate that Kettle Run has dropped two well-thrown passes. I hope Washington isn’t injured too badly.

Absolutely clutch kick by Hendren to end the half.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
QB Entsminger came out looking great in this game, healthiest since before the Martinsburg game. He was sacked on this drive and one of the defenders twisted his leg. He came out of the game with help. Backup QB Campbell finished the drive.

Gonna be tough sledding if he’s out, has me r reminiscing of when Ross went down. Not good
Oh the memories man. I honestly think Sherando could’ve won it or at least make the game very interesting if he didn’t get injured. The big difference though is that this team has a better backup QB now. I think they should take a lot of reps with Campbell this week to prepare for the winner of Woodgrove vs Loudoun Co

Reactions: Rev_Real
Congratulations to the Sherando warriors and the fans here. I can only imagine the nervousness on your side of the field in this game. I know the Sherando fan base doesn’t normally see scores under 30 points per game. I will be cheering on the warriors as they head towards their goal of a state title.

Reactions: Shruikan
Hi Guys.

After a loss as the underdog it’s a little tough to read the commentary from the winning team. But the Warrior guys are top notch. Special Congratulations to @Shruikan @BigBWincCity @Smallfry2015 and all the other Warrior fans. You all keep our conference and region news up to date here on the forum. It’s much appreciated by this 4C fan.

Now on to my thoughts. Kettle Run played an excellent game against a Sherando team that had superior talent and skills. We were clear underdogs. The power game in the first half almost worked but KR needed to score points. I would love to have that 2nd quarter interception to Mazza never happen! That INT lead to an amazing 38 yard field goal by the Warriors. I never thought the kid would make that kick. In the 4th quarter I thought the Cougars were going to pull out an upset; but the Warriors played like champs by stopping the Cougars 2 point conversion and converting the 3rd and 4 with 2min left in the game leading to the victory.

In my opinion, The Cougars defense played with authority all game, with or without Sherando’s top offensive players on the field. The Cougars allowed a few big plays but those plays never really caused the score to jump in the warriors favor. To hold a offensive powerhouse like Sherando under 50 points for 2 games in the same season is proof to me that the Kettle Run Defense could probably play with anyone in the state at 4a. This was a special group on defense. They will be missed next year.

I do want to state that there was no “dirty play” against Hunter Entsminger from the Cougars. He was tackled cleanly on the play. I have to defend the KR player because the kid that tackled Hunter has shown real good character on the field this year. I really feel bad for any player that is injured, especially a starting all-star senior QB. I hope Hunter can get back out on the field against Woodgrove.

Best wishes to Warrior nation on their goal of winning a state Title.

Hi Guys.

After a loss as the underdog it’s a little tough to read the commentary from the winning team. But the Warrior guys are top notch. Special Congratulations to @Shruikan @BigBWincCity @Smallfry2015 and all the other Warrior fans. You all keep our conference and region news up to date here on the forum. It’s much appreciated by this 4C fan.

Now on to my thoughts. Kettle Run played an excellent game against a Sherando team that had superior talent and skills. We were clear underdogs. The power game in the first half almost worked but KR needed to score points. I would love to have that 2nd quarter interception to Mazza never happen! That INT lead to an amazing 38 yard field goal by the Warriors. I never thought the kid would make that kick. In the 4th quarter I thought the Cougars were going to pull out an upset; but the Warriors played like champs by stopping the Cougars 2 point conversion and converting the 3rd and 4 with 2min left in the game leading to the victory.

In my opinion, The Cougars defense played with authority all game, with or without Sherando’s top offensive players on the field. The Cougars allowed a few big plays but those plays never really caused the score to jump in the warriors favor. To hold a offensive powerhouse like Sherando under 50 points for 2 games in the same season is proof to me that the Kettle Run Defense could probably play with anyone in the state at 4a. This was a special group on defense. They will be missed next year.

I do want to state that there was no “dirty play” against Hunter Entsminger from the Cougars. He was tackled cleanly on the play. I have to defend the KR player because the kid that tackled Hunter has shown real good character on the field this year. I really feel bad for any player that is injured, especially a starting all-star senior QB. I hope Hunter can get back out on the field against Woodgrove.

Best wishes to Warrior nation on their goal of winning a state Title.

Another thing to commend is that Kettle Run does an excellent job moving the ball steadily on offense. Your first drive was something like 8 minutes long. I was wondering if we were even going to get the ball in the first quarter there for a while. :D

That when combined with a really great defense can keep a lot of games close, and I agree that they'd give anyone in 4A fits trying to score. Very well coached ball club with a lot to be proud of. I had a look at the Cougar underclassmen listed on the roster and think that they'll be good again next year. There will be a few guys that will be very hard to lose, but lots of young guys with size to them.

Did anyone at the game see the safety that wasn’t called a safety? I’ve seen a picture floating around of what looks like the Sherando punter kneeling in the end zone with the ball but they said it wasn’t called.

Did anyone at the game see the safety that wasn’t called a safety? I’ve seen a picture floating around of what looks like the Sherando punter kneeling in the end zone with the ball but they said it wasn’t called.
I don’t recall seeing that, however, there was a KR player that fumbled a kickoff around the 3yrd line, recovered it in the end zone and kneeled and they called that a touchback

I don’t recall seeing that, however, there was a KR player that fumbled a kickoff around the 3yrd line, recovered it in the end zone and kneeled and they called that a touchback

Out of respect for the Woodgrove vs Sherando game (which should be a great one), thought I’d post here instead of the other thread where you made the officiating comment, BigB. You’re right- Sherando HAS dealt with awful officiating for years.

Hope Entsminger is ok. Seems like a good kid.

Reactions: Shruikan
And just to be clear, in no way am I or can KR pin this loss on the refs. KR had two massive drops and didn’t punch it in for the 2 point conversion. Can’t blame the refs for those, and they decided the game. Sherando is a very, very good team who made plays.

Out of respect for the Woodgrove vs Sherando game (which should be a great one), thought I’d post here instead of the other thread where you made the officiating comment, BigB. You’re right- Sherando HAS dealt with awful officiating for years.

Interesting, thanks for posting that! So a missed safety both ways it seems. Again, awful officiating.

And just to be clear, in no way am I or can KR pin this loss on the refs. KR had two massive drops and didn’t punch it in for the 2 point conversion. Can’t blame the refs for those, and they decided the game. Sherando is a very, very good team who made plays.
Agreed. Sherando is lucky that the receivers couldn’t haul in those catches. Reminded me of when Sherando played Liberty and the Liberty QB was on the money but the receivers weren’t catching.

Interesting, thanks for posting that! So a missed safety both ways it seems. Again, awful officiating.

Well, the return on KR that was a touchback was correctly called by the rule, but I’m not sure why that’s the rule. I’ve seen a kid stick a hand up and touch a kick that went over his head and then that ball land in the end zone for a touchback (even though the returner did touch it). Why that is a touchback but when a returner fumbles the catch and the ball goes out of bounds and that isn’t a kick out of bounds, I’m not sure. It would seem you can’t have it both ways. That seems like it should be changed. You’d think both would be fumbles, and you’d think that would lead to a safety like you’re saying.

Well, the return on KR that was a touchback was correctly called by the rule, but I’m not sure why that’s the rule. I’ve seen a kid stick a hand up and touch a kick that went over his head and then that ball land in the end zone for a touchback (even though the returner did touch it). Why that is a touchback but when a returner fumbles the catch and the ball goes out of bounds and that isn’t a kick out of bounds, I’m not sure. It would seem you can’t have it both ways. That seems like it should be changed. You’d think both would be fumbles, and you’d think that would lead to a safety like you’re saying.
Or the new rule in NFL where a returner can fair catch a kickoff that isn't in the end zone and it's still a touchback... some of these rules don't make sense to me

Wow. I never saw this play. Apparently either did the officials. Lol.

We all put a lot on the referees. We all think these high school guys are the same caliber as the guys we see on Saturday or Sunday’s. It’s got to be a really tough job.

Honestly wish Hall would run a two back set or a pistol formation with Doleman on one side and Washington on the other.

If Hunter is out and Cambell is the Qb this makes sense to run the pistol. The read option with Campbell/Washington/Doleman in the backfield with the Tight end running a seam or fly patterns would put a lot of pressure on the Defense.

Is Will Hall the coaches kid? Or just the same last name?

If Hunter is out and Cambell is the Qb this makes sense to run the pistol. The read option with Campbell/Washington/Doleman in the backfield with the Tight end running a seam or fly patterns would put a lot of pressure on the Defense.

Is Will Hall the coaches kid? Or just the same last name?
I honestly think we’d be more explosive with that look. Interested to see how Campbell does if Hall gives him a shot at throwing. He started the Fauquier game and did great, granted Woodgrove is much better than Fauquier. And yes, Will Hall is the coach’s son.

I have been reading this thread and I have to say as the one everyone says calls people out for arguing and the "board police" lol I am proud of you guys. This incident with the injury really could have turned ugly.

Of course both sides saw it differently, and I didnt see it so I csnt say either way, but the way I look at these types of things is needs to be looked at as intent vs result. The same person can look at a play that was the exact same, but different results and have a different outlook. Meaning that if the young man didn't get injured it wouldn't be looked at as a dirty play. Or I will use another example and hypothetical. Say a defensive lineman encroaches and hits the center. You can already hear it now I am sure, QB gets hurt and it was intentional and dirty. And if the QB doesnt get hurt, just a penalty

Hopefully this incident wasnt intentional and the young man is healed up to play

Be Quiet!!! Don't give them any ideas!!!:mad: They're wussifying the game!!!

This is a tremendously ignorant post. The kickoff is by leaps and bounds the most dangerous play in the game, the changes made are done with the hope of preventing serious injury up to and including things like CTE, a terrible byproduct of the modern sport. This is the single dumbest attitude, that because you lived a healthy life playing a sport and the sport for sure has never changed (it has) that you feel comfortable sitting in the stands and are okay with people getting injured in a game.

Newsflash You played a MUCH different game. You never played against OL that average 250+ in high school or 300+ in college, you never saw a 17 year old LB who weighed 240 lb and could run a 4.6, you played against a bunch of kids whose idea of lifting was probably 10 minutes a day doing curls.

Force = Mass x Acceleration. If something weighs a lot and has a lot of speed, it imparts more force upon impact, which is why an 8 year old can run at you as hard as they want and they'll bounce off but I guarantee you that you don't have the balls to go stand in front of Aaron Donald and ask him to hit you. CTE wasn't an issue when you grew up because everyone weighed damn near 50-100lb less across the board and they weren't remotely in the same physical condition.

Any honest man here should be capable of saying the game, even at the high school level, is a much different beast than when they were growing up. This "they're sissifying the game" attitude must change, unless you are just hellbent on seeing injury and death. There are HS kids now going into college with CTE, it's a deadly serious issue. The Wazzu QB that killed himself this year was found to have had CTE. It's such a tremendously dumb stance to take, what you have, instead of realizing that the game has changed and rules must change with it and that we as adults are responsible for ensuring the safety of these kids whenever possible. A lot of people had a similar stance as you when they finally forced people to wear leather helmets. You know who had to do it? Teddy Roosevelt. The reason? SEVEN KIDS DIED. Too many people died and the freaking president had to step in and make a change. People are dying and suffering right now because of CTE. I have no idea why the response to "let's make it a safer game" is "boo, safe game, boo", it's asinine.

Reactions: OuttaTime
This is a tremendously ignorant post. The kickoff is by leaps and bounds the most dangerous play in the game, the changes made are done with the hope of preventing serious injury up to and including things like CTE, a terrible byproduct of the modern sport. This is the single dumbest attitude, that because you lived a healthy life playing a sport and the sport for sure has never changed (it has) that you feel comfortable sitting in the stands and are okay with people getting injured in a game.

Newsflash You played a MUCH different game. You never played against OL that average 250+ in high school or 300+ in college, you never saw a 17 year old LB who weighed 240 lb and could run a 4.6, you played against a bunch of kids whose idea of lifting was probably 10 minutes a day doing curls.

Force = Mass x Acceleration. If something weighs a lot and has a lot of speed, it imparts more force upon impact, which is why an 8 year old can run at you as hard as they want and they'll bounce off but I guarantee you that you don't have the balls to go stand in front of Aaron Donald and ask him to hit you. CTE wasn't an issue when you grew up because everyone weighed damn near 50-100lb less across the board and they weren't remotely in the same physical condition.

Any honest man here should be capable of saying the game, even at the high school level, is a much different beast than when they were growing up. This "they're sissifying the game" attitude must change, unless you are just hellbent on seeing injury and death. There are HS kids now going into college with CTE, it's a deadly serious issue. The Wazzu QB that killed himself was found to have had CTE. It's such a tremendously dumb stance to take, what you have, instead of realizing that the game has changed and rules must change with it and that we as adults are responsible for ensuring the safety of these kids whenever possible. A lot of people had a similar stance as you when they finally forced people to wear leather helmets. You know who had to do it? Teddy Roosevelt. The reason? SEVEN KIDS DIED. And people are dying and suffering right now because of CTE. I have no idea why the response to "let's make it a safer game" is "boo, safe game, boo", it's asinine.

Great post. I think some may be saying things just to say something funny, other probably do believe this sissified thing. But I really don't think it has anything to do with rules or anything like that, I really think it's like the people "well back in my day, we had to walk to school barefoot in the snow" thing.

The way I see all these things is that everything is different, changed, evolved including sports. I think people who grew up 20-50s probably did have to work harder than most do now a days, but there wasn't as much to have responsibilities over.

I honestly don't think that anyone has a clue on either side when things were "tougher" in football, as just like younger people know what it is like to have better equipment and a lot more force, they didnt have the opportunity in the old days. And the older people dont know what it's like being hit by someone who is 6'3 240 lbs and can run. It's just the nature of people, we had it the toughest and anything different is just making things easier and thus "sissies" now. It would be amazing to be able to take ones from different times and let them play a game and see their opinion afterwards

ADVERTISEMENT