ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime at Blacksburg

Dec 2, 2007
This game is a defensive struggle. The underdog Hilltoppers got a pick six and are only down 7-6 at the half. Defenses are ruling the day. Cole has not gotten loose and the Glass aerial attack is getting grounded. More to come.

3rd down and the Blacksburg receiver caught the ball, fell out of bounds and dropped the ball. They called it a catch. Then an unsportsmanlike on Glass. Blacksburg scored

Great defensive battle. Glass had a chance to take the lead, but Cole beck chased down our fastest player and made him fumble.Turnovers got us in the end. Great season to the Hilltoppers. A lot of dynamic young players that will make some noise next season. Jeff Woody has turned the program around! Congratulations to all of the Seniors who bought in and played their hearts out tonight!

Great game Blacksburg. That defense is spectacular! Next week vs Salem will be a BATTLE!

Reactions: 1Gensfan
3rd down and the Blacksburg receiver caught the ball, fell out of bounds and dropped the ball. They called it a catch. Then an unsportsmanlike on Glass. Blacksburg scored

A catch in high school requires much, much less than what you think. Your opinion of a catch, as well as pretty much every other fan, is based off of what you see on Saturdays and Sundays. In high school, if the player has one foot down while having possession, the catch is completed. The player doesn’t have to “survive contact with the ground” like they do in NCAA or the NFL. So, luckily Glass wasn’t “cheated.”

Reactions: AntGZee
A catch in high school requires much, much less than what you think. Your opinion of a catch, as well as pretty much every other fan, is based off of what you see on Saturdays and Sundays. In high school, if the player has one foot down while having possession, the catch is completed. The player doesn’t have to “survive contact with the ground” like they do in NCAA or the NFL. So, luckily Glass wasn’t “cheated.”

Everyone thought it was incomplete. Even people on the Blacksburg side. I’m not gonna argue it though. That was a turning point in the game. Glass Defense played hard even through adversity.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Regardless of the level, the receiver must, to the minimum, have possession. The player clearly did not have possession. The player’s frustration shown by pounding the ground, the Blacksburg coaches frustration shown by throwing their arms in the air, the sigh of “awww” from the Blacksburg fans, the initial call of incomplete...all signs pointed to an incomplete pass. Not saying the correct call would have changed the outcome but, it definitely changed that drive. Instead of it being 4th and 8 and a punt likely to follow, it became 1st and 10 in Glass territory.

Great defensive battle. Glass had a chance to take the lead, but Cole beck chased down our fastest player and made him fumble.Turnovers got us in the end. Great season to the Hilltoppers. A lot of dynamic young players that will make some noise next season. Jeff Woody has turned the program around! Congratulations to all of the Seniors who bought in and played their hearts out tonight!

Great game Blacksburg. That defense is spectacular! Next week vs Salem will be a BATTLE!
Woody has done a great job as he did with Brookville

It was an incomplete pass. Refs screwed this one up. Film doesn't lie! I'm not saying it was the difference in the game but it was a big call. Glass two turnovers inside the 10 were the difference. Two best defenses in the Region, it was what I expected.

Come on DSH refs are human, but this crew must have been blind. Was Santa Claus the white hat? Lol

:rolleyes: Seriously? This is what "home field advantage" looks like everywhere. The way it plays it self out at Dinwiddie is the refs simply don't call penalties, which btw I actually prefer vs heading somewhere and they throw a bunch of drive stopping flags. The side line official on Dinwiddies side should just of paid his 8$ like everyone else if he was just going to watch the game. Before I go too far it was a very good officiated game as far as HS goes (and I have watched the entire game again twice :(). They missed a couple at big moments, but you just expect that even at EV. I think it's very difficult for humans to not be sided when the team in your area is playing. Home is where the heart is. I wouldn't even call it being fair or not fair, I think they just see things with the home team in mind. If our game was played at EV, there would have been some call against Dinwiddie that helped EV to win.. it's just how it happens allllllll the time.

Reactions: OCBoy
I'll back this up with 2 plays in our game.. on the second down play before the big 3rd down conversion to put them closer to FG range, our DE gets by the blocker and is within a couple feet of the QB who for some reason doesn't see him right away, but from behind our guy get looped and tugged back long enough for the QB to escape. This play happened like 10 yards behind the line on a 2-10.. That's a flag holding if they are EV or maybe even if they were at WM. That would have been 3-30 for them to convert. Later in the drive, there's the final run by QB, he gets about a few yards, then one of his players grabs him while he is being tackled and starts pulling, not pushing, his own player the ball carrier. He gets another 10 yards putting him in FG range. Now live that's hard to see by fans, but on film the ref is right there he is right next to the player pulling. That's about as easy of a call you can make. I think it's still illegal to pull a player or do I have that backwards, you can pull not push? Those 2 plays and the timeout play, they don't happen not at Dinwiddie for Dinwiddie. Shoot there was one play, their running back just wrapped around a blitzer in protection like a Koala bear, no call. It's funny all the talk about EV's schedule hurting them.. what you could say is it put them away and not home for the playoffs. I am only adding this to the conversation because it's HS football and this is what you get. It's not different for anyone so I actually consider it what it is unfortunately. You want "home field advantage" earn it in the regular season, so then you can get those calls go your way.

Reactions: OCBoy
I'll back this up with 2 plays in our game.. on the second down play before the big 3rd down conversion to put them closer to FG range, our DE gets by the blocker and is within a couple feet of the QB who for some reason doesn't see him right away, but from behind our guy get looped and tugged back long enough for the QB to escape. This play happened like 10 yards behind the line on a 2-10.. That's a flag holding if they are EV or maybe even if they were at WM. That would have been 3-30 for them to convert. Later in the drive, there's the final run by QB, he gets about a few yards, then one of his players grabs him while he is being tackled and starts pulling, not pushing, his own player the ball carrier. He gets another 10 yards putting him in FG range. Now live that's hard to see by fans, but on film the ref is right there he is right next to the player pulling. That's about as easy of a call you can make. I think it's still illegal to pull a player or do I have that backwards, you can pull not push? Those 2 plays and the timeout play, they don't happen not at Dinwiddie for Dinwiddie. Shoot there was one play, their running back just wrapped around a blitzer in protection like a Koala bear, no call. It's funny all the talk about EV's schedule hurting them.. what you could say is it put them away and not home for the playoffs. I am only adding this to the conversation because it's HS football and this is what you get. It's not different for anyone so I actually consider it what it is unfortunately. You want "home field advantage" earn it in the regular season, so then you can get those calls go your way.
Dinwiddie fans have totally respectful regarding this game and you have now gone on two different threads complaining about the refs.

Well here is some news for you:

1. We didnt have Dinwiddie or even tri-city refs. The crew including the chain guys were from the Richmond referees association. Our AD spends the extra money, so people like you have no beef.

2. The comment made about "refs are human and was Santa Claus the white hat? Was a joke about a referee from the Roanoke Valley who caught a lot of heat earlier in the season and a lot of posters witnessed it live.
This thread was discussing a play from the Blacksburg game which indeed was a bad call. Did you watch that video?

3. I have watched the video from our game as well and they let the kids decide this game. Its easy to see things lopsided when you are a parent or fan. You failed to mention your big o tackle ripping our de's shirt sleeve off on one of the big pass plays, but i am sure that didnt catch your eye.

Your team play great, lost a close game that WAS NOT decided by the refs. Try acting like your coaches and players did. With class.

Last edited:
EVcyl, I agree. All you are doing is tainting a great game, between two hard playing, class act teams. Your school and players deserve better from you. I know the loss was hard to take. There is not a poster on here that hasn't been on the losing side of season ending game. But, finding every excuse you can, will not change a thing.

Your son and his teammates played a GREAT game. That is not said in attempt to appease you. It's the truth. If EV had about two minutes more of game time, the end result would probably be reversed.

I wasn't there, and don't care who won, but 2 things you will never get an assisting the runner anywhere, whether DW, EV.

And while there certainly may have been a hold on the play you spoke of, how in the world do you say it would have went from 2 and 10 to 3rd and 30 if it was called? If called, it would have been 2nd and 30 (if the HOLD) was 10 yards behind LOS (which is very hard for me to believe)

Here is the “catch”

I will say my point still stands that a catch in high school requires way less than any other level. But that is not a catch even in high school. All the receiver needs to do in high school is pull the ball into his chest even for a split second to have “possession” and complete the catch (or hold it in his hands for a period of time), but that didn’t happen. So unless that was an enforced penalty that was mistaken for a catch, it was just a miss. My guess is the refs took their eyes off the receiver as he went out of bounds or they got blocked out by another player. That’s the only way. It wasn’t blatant cheating, I can guarantee you that. Remember, in the rules book, it says if in doubt “it is a catch.” If you don’t see the incompletion, then you assume a catch. Tough play to miss for sure. Luckily it was not a game determining play. Suspension, as DSH suggested, is a little far especially at the HS level. The covering official will see the video and correct their error next time.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Seriously? This is what "home field advantage" looks like everywhere. The way it plays it self out at Dinwiddie is the refs simply don't call penalties, which btw I actually prefer vs heading somewhere and they throw a bunch of drive stopping flags. The side line official on Dinwiddies side should just of paid his 8$ like everyone else if he was just going to watch the game. Before I go too far it was a very good officiated game as far as HS goes (and I have watched the entire game again twice :(). They missed a couple at big moments, but you just expect that even at EV. I think it's very difficult for humans to not be sided when the team in your area is playing. Home is where the heart is. I wouldn't even call it being fair or not fair, I think they just see things with the home team in mind. If our game was played at EV, there would have been some call against Dinwiddie that helped EV to win.. it's just how it happens allllllll the time.

I was fortunate enough to be on the sideline watching as a spectator. I don’t know what the comment about the official on the Dinwiddie sidline is about, but that LJ is a great official and had a great game. All of them did. I didn’t see a single call I didn’t agree with. Even the one flag wave-off was an excellent decision. As stated previously by Navy, the officials are from Richmond, not Dinwiddie. Most traveled over an hour to the game. Some over an hour and a half.

I’ll tell you why you think “home field advantage” happens. There is a hysteria amongst fan bases that officials are out to get their team intentionally. So, any call that goes against your team, or even an uneven amount of penalties against your team is automatically chalked up to “home cooking.” Could not be further from the truth and frankly it’s laughable in the officiating community, because they know they’re just out there calling the game as they see it, doing their job. It does provide a good joke for the post-game discussion though.

The player who “helped the runner” was pulling the pile and in the middle of the pile himself. It’s not a foul to pull a pile of players. I’ve seen the video as well. As for the timeout play, it was enforced correctly. The Dinwiddie coach was screaming for a timeout and the official blew his whistle before the ball was snapped. I was right behind him. After he blew his whistle he gave a timeout signal, then after the ball was spiked he spoke a few words with the coach from a distance then ran in to communicate what happened with the rest of the crew. Just because it didn’t benefit the team you support doesn’t mean it wasn’t handled correctly. I’ll be honest, one or two holding calls will be missed in a game even at the D1 level. If all you can complain about is a missed holding call that wasn’t egregious (these were not by any means, I remember the plays), then it was an extremely well officiated game. Minor holding calls will be missed. The same thing happened when EV had the ball. Nothing egregious was missed on either side.

By the way, the penalty count in the game was 6–1. EV had 1 penalty thrown against them for an obvious illegal block. But EV was a victim of home cooking :rolleyes:. Not trying to argue, just saying sometimes things just don’t go your way and even though you may want to blame someone, the refs usually aren’t the true source of your displeasure. Home cooking is an excuse fans use to make themselves feel better about what happened, which is fine. Just as long as in the back of your mind you know it’s a lie. Missed calls happen. Intentional collusion is hilarious.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to be on the sideline watching. I don’t know what the comment about the official on the Dinwiddie sidline is about, but that LJ is a great official and had a great game. All of them did. I didn’t see a single call I didn’t agree with. Even the one flag wave-off was an excellent decision. As stated previously by Navy, the officials are from Richmond, not Dinwiddie. Most traveled over an hour to the game. Some over an hour and a half.

I’ll tell you why you think “home field advantage” happens. There is a hysteria amongst fan bases that officials are out to get their team intentionally. So, any call that goes against your team, or even an uneven amount of penalties against your team is automatically chalked up to “home cooking.” Could not be further from the truth and frankly it’s laughable in the officiating community, because they know they’re just out there calling the game as they see it, doing their job. It does provide a good joke for the post-game discussion though.

As far as your 2 plays. I saw both from a great angle. The one with the “helping the runner” was pulling the pile and in the middle of the pile himself. It’s not a foul to pull a pile of players. I’ve seen the video as well. As for the timeout play, it was enforced correctly. The Dinwiddie coach was screaming for a timeout and the official blew his whistle before the ball was snapped. I was right behind him. Just because it didn’t benefit the team you support doesn’t mean it wasn’t handled correctly. I’ll be honest, one or two holding calls will be missed in a game even at the top D1 level. If all you can complain about is a missed holding call that wasn’t egregious (this one was not by any means, I remember the plays), then it was an extremely well officiated game. Minor holding calls will be missed. The same thing happened when EV had the ball. Nothing egregious was missed on either side.

By the way, the penalty count in the game was 6–1. EV had 1 penalty thrown against them for an obvious illegal block. But EV was a victim of home cooking :rolleyes:. Not trying to argue, just saying sometimes things just don’t go your way and even though you may want to blame someone, the refs usually aren’t the true source of your displeasure. Home cooking is an excuse fans use to make themselves feel better about what happened, which is fine. Just as long as in the back of your mind you know it’s a lie. Missed calls happen. Intentional collusion is hilarious.

Thank you sir. I am an official (crew chief) in another sport and hear the same thing all the time. The funny is I usually have to drive twice as long as the teams I am officiating for. I dont care who wins just want my crew to give the teams the best game possible.

You are just like so many of my mentors in the unappreciated world of officiating. Wise and full of integrity.

Thank you sir. I am an official (crew chief) in another sport and hear the same thing all the time. The funny is I usually have to drive twice as long as the teams I am officiating for. I dont care who wins just want my crew to give the teams the best game possible.

You are just like so many of my mentors in the unappreciated world of officiating. Wise and full of integrity.

Thanks Navy. You as well. I’ve driven from Richmond to the Northern Neck and had away fans complaining about home cooking when they're twice as close to their own house than I am o_O. I remember a while back you said you umpire baseball. I do as well and may be joining the Richmond association this spring as I’ve recently moved here. Just have to figure out my work schedule first to see if it’s feasible.

The officiating side of the game for any sport really gives you a new appreciation and a level of neutral respect for all teams, coaches, players, and officials involved. No wonder I find so many of your posts agreeable ;).

I am actually a softball umpire. If you need contact information send me a direct message. There are a couple of umpires that officiate football. They can help as well. If you are interested in softball go to MROSVA.org and sign up.

Reactions: LunchPailD
I am actually a softball umpire. If you need contact information send me a direct message. There are a couple of umpires that officiate football. They can help as well. If you are interested in softball go to MROSVA.org and sign up.

We have more in common than I thought. Softball is my primary sport. I did a game for MROS this past spring. I’ll message you.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
The most ridiculous accusation of being a homer occurred last year during the Div. II Private School State Championship game. The fans from a team in the Northern Neck were ripping my crew about being homers. The team they were playing was from the beach. My crew consisted of one Richmond guy, one Chesterfield guy and myself (Prince George). We didnt know any of the players or coaches. Sad part was they were displeased that my partner allowed a runner to advance on a dropped third strike with a runner on first. Normally correct, but there were two outs. The coach would not listen. I wanted to see how my plate guy handled the situation. He explained everything perfectly to no avail. Called for play and here comes the coach again with the rule book in hand. Time to step in before this guy goes off. Before I could say anything my young plate guy calmly says coach you are obviously smarter than us so here is the deal. If you can prove me wrong by the book I will fix your issue, but if you cant you are going to spend the rest of the game on the bus. The guy started flipping the pages and the umpire says page 18. The coach read the rule threw down the book and went out the gate without saying a word. Play ball!

Last edited:
I know who you are now. You worked with Dean. Gravatt said you were a good umpire. I am the president of MROS. Get my email and number off the web site. Crew chief training is in December.

The most ridiculous accusation of being a homer occurred last year during the Div. II Private School State Championship game. The fans from a team in the Northern Neck were ripping my crew about being homers. The team they were playing was from the beach. My crew consisted of one Richmond guy, one Chesterfield guy and myself (Prince George). We didnt know any of the players or coaches. Sad part was they were displeased that my partner allowed a runner to advance on a dropped third strike with a runner on first. Normally correct, but there were two outs. The coach would not listen. I wanted to see how my plate guy handled the situation. He explained everything perfectly to no avail. Called for play and here comes the coach again with the rule book in hand. Time to step in before this guy goes off. Before I could say anything my young plate guy calmly says coach you are obviously smarter than us so here is the deal. If you can prove me wrong by the book I will fix your issue, but if you cant you are going to spend the rest of the game on the bus. The guy started flipping the pages and the umpire says page 18. The coach read the rule threw down the book and went out the gate without saying a word. Play ball!

I never, ever get tired of these stories. I love it.

I know who you are now. You worked with Dean. Gravatt said you were a good umpire. I am the president of MROS. Get my email and number off the web site. Crew chief training is in December.

Yes I did. Will do.

First LunchpailD, please know I have a profound respect for all Officials, at any level, in any sport. But, there is very little I enjoy more that harassing Bleeding Navy. I love to take poetic license with his facts, and twist his words around, and infuriate him. So if you see me going after him, just know it's all in good fun and never meant to be serious.

Second, we've got to shorten your nickname for typing purposes. I'll be using LP, if you don't mind.

Doesn't the VHSL assign officials from outside the area of the 2 teams playing in the playoff games ?

Wow. That took me a minute to catch up.. First, I by no means was saying the game was impacted or the outcome was due to the refs. I even said EV had plenty opportunities to win that game. I wrote the game was a well officiated game.. Did you guys read my full post? I 100% apologize if that was taken any way other than adding to the commenting about HS officials.

That being said, I will still disagree with the timeout call. Unless there is another angle of the coaches and another official, I don't see any evidence of anyone calling a timeout. You actually see the WRs on his side look back at coaches then turn back to the line. No one on the field or the ref were acting anyway but performing the next play. I only can comment on what I saw and see. If I am wrong that is ok. Same holds true for the pulling call. The player is grabbing the runner not any pile. For that never being called comment, I have seen it called plenty.

Penalties in this game were like I said, the refs simply didn't throw flags, which again I said in my post I really liked that. And there were penalties on both sides not called.

Not all penalties are created equal either, when a penalty is called (or not called) is just as impact full. So I never care about how many are called, I like to note when they are called.

As far as homer stuff goes. My point there is how often (I've personally never seen it or even heard about it) does the home team leave a game from their home field complaining about a call that cost them the game. I'm sure it happens, but the atmosphere at any place just lends to that home cooking feel. I think it's hard not to be influenced by it. Now I recognize I am now talking to a couple officials and there is emotion in this conversation, so I will just bow out of that.

DSH..:D No one pissed in my flakes. Did you not like being teased about being just a bit off on everything you talked about for weeks. Weren't you the guy who wrote truth hurts (when we were talking about something that had not happened yet.. ). I'm just sad that I won't have to read your hyped up words of fantasy anymore.

I will say, just like I felt when we lost that epic game to JF a few years ago. I was very happy for EV. I did not feel the least bit bitter or angry or hostile. They (both teams) played an amazing game. EV took that next step, yeah you want more but I was very happy with it. Guys I am not an emotional person, not one way or the other. I spend 50% of my day in the realm of humor. I don't hate, and I don't really get worked up. I have been married 24 years and not once have we had an argument, not once. So believe me when I say, I simply like information, I enjoy breaking down moments and solving problems. When I watch a play for example I watch it over and over watching each player and what they do.

I understand when you read something about the game that appears to take away from the victory or tarnish it, how that would upset people, so for that I do apologize. Certainly the best football game I have seen at the HS level. Both teams actually impressed me with how they were able to be so intense (btw the war going on on both lines was brutal, these kids were warriors) and yet stay composed where the game wasn't riddled with unsportsmanlike like conduct penalties.

So now I don't usually hang on to the boards once EV footballs season is over, so if I miss any other follow up comments or emotional reactions, I apologize for that stuff too.

First LunchpailD, please know I have a profound respect for all Officials, at any level, in any sport. But, there is very little I enjoy more that harassing Bleeding Navy. I love to take poetic license with his facts, and twist his words around, and infuriate him. So if you see me going after him, just know it's all in good fun and never meant to be serious.

Second, we've got to shorten your nickname for typing purposes. I'll be using LP, if you don't mind.

LP or LPD is fine with me. Doesn’t bother me either way. LPD is actually the acronym VT uses for “Lunch Paul Defense” which inspired the name.

I love messing with people too so I’m on board.

Doesn't the VHSL assign officials from outside the area of the 2 teams playing in the playoff games ?

Not for the regional rounds. That’s handled by an association commissioner. State rounds (semis and finals) are assigned by the VHSL, and they require the crew to be out of area for both teams involved. That’s true for other sports besides football as well.

Wow. That took me a minute to catch up.. First, I by no means was saying the game was impacted or the outcome was due to the refs. I even said EV had plenty opportunities to win that game. I wrote the game was a well officiated game.. Did you guys read my full post? I 100% apologize if that was taken any way other than adding to the commenting about HS officials.

That being said, I will still disagree with the timeout call. Unless there is another angle of the coaches and another official, I don't see any evidence of anyone calling a timeout. You actually see the WRs on his side look back at coaches then turn back to the line. No one on the field or the ref were acting anyway but performing the next play. I only can comment on what I saw and see. If I am wrong that is ok. Same holds true for the pulling call. The player is grabbing the runner not any pile. For that never being called comment, I have seen it called plenty.

Penalties in this game were like I said, the refs simply didn't throw flags, which again I said in my post I really liked that. And there were penalties on both sides not called.

Not all penalties are created equal either, when a penalty is called (or not called) is just as impact full. So I never care about how many are called, I like to note when they are called.

As far as homer stuff goes. My point there is how often (I've personally never seen it or even heard about it) does the home team leave a game from their home field complaining about a call that cost them the game. I'm sure it happens, but the atmosphere at any place just lends to that home cooking feel. I think it's hard not to be influenced by it. Now I recognize I am now talking to a couple officials and there is emotion in this conversation, so I will just bow out of that.

DSH..:D No one pissed in my flakes. Did you not like being teased about being just a bit off on everything you talked about for weeks. Weren't you the guy who wrote truth hurts (when we were talking about something that had not happened yet.. ). I'm just sad that I won't have to read your hyped up words of fantasy anymore.

I will say, just like I felt when we lost that epic game to JF a few years ago. I was very happy for EV. I did not feel the least bit bitter or angry or hostile. They (both teams) played an amazing game. EV took that next step, yeah you want more but I was very happy with it. Guys I am not an emotional person, not one way or the other. I spend 50% of my day in the realm of humor. I don't hate, and I don't really get worked up. I have been married 24 years and not once have we had an argument, not once. So believe me when I say, I simply like information, I enjoy breaking down moments and solving problems. When I watch a play for example I watch it over and over watching each player and what they do.

I understand when you read something about the game that appears to take away from the victory or tarnish it, how that would upset people, so for that I do apologize. Certainly the best football game I have seen at the HS level. Both teams actually impressed me with how they were able to be so intense (btw the war going on on both lines was brutal, these kids were warriors) and yet stay composed where the game wasn't riddled with unsportsmanlike like conduct penalties.

So now I don't usually hang on to the boards once EV footballs season is over, so if I miss any other follow up comments or emotional reactions, I apologize for that stuff too.

You can disagree about the timeout call if you’d like, but I was right there when the whistle was blown and when the coach was yelling for it. I have a first hand account. It was before the snap. The official running out to the middle of the field was delayed, but not the timeout call or the whistle.

Officials don’t throw flags when they deem there was no foul. That’s it.

Since you care about when it was called, the only penalty EV had called against them was an illegal block on an uneventful kickoff return in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Inconsequential to anything that happened in the game.

I don’t know nor do I care how often a home team fan leaves the game feeling like they had a call go against them. The simple explanation is it’s irrelevant. The idea of “home cooking” is something that fans tell themselves to justify their feelings and put blame on someone else. That’s fine, but as I said before, it’s a flat out lie. Missed calls? Sure, they happen, and you can be mad about that understandably so. Collusion by the officials? You’re playing yourself. It doesn’t happen. When you’re on the field or on the court as an official, you’re too focused on the action to even realize which jersey color relates to what team. You know offense and defense and which color is which, but there’s no time to decipher anything else and still focus on the play. Everything is happening way too fast to recognize which team from place XYZ is doing what.

As a side note, here’s something that you, and other away fans saying the officials are colluding, don’t know or haven’t thought about. I’m not just talking about this game, but any game in general. The home team falls under that officiating association’s coverage for the regional round. If that home team in the association’s coverage area makes it to states, that’s one less game that that association is eligible to officiate at the state semis and finals level. Why would an official intentionally reduce their chances of being able to officiate a state game?

That fact in and of itself should tell fans how ludicrous the idea of refs “cheating” is. Not only is it against their own morals, it’s not even in their own best interest.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT