ADVERTISEMENT

Halifax Co @ GW Danville

Sep 14, 2018
On another thread I saw someone mention that there should be one for this upcoming game.

Halifax comes into the game with a 5-1 record and GW is 4-2. Halifax has outscored opponents 176-98 and GW has done the same 278-164. Obviously GW appears to be the more high powered scoring team, but they do run a system designed to score points, whereas Halifax is a ground and pound, ball control style. Currently Halifax is in 4th place in 4D (24.83) and GW is 6th (21.83).

To this date, the two teams only have on common opponent. GW beat JF 50-21 and Halifax lost to JF 28-7. GW's roster is filled with college bound talent and Halifax has a few that could be playing at the next level somewhere.

Halifax doesn't seem to be getting much love in the Week 8 Pick em. What are people's thoughts on this game?

I think this game will be competitive, but I have GW winning by 2 TDs. No hurricane this year that throws them off.

If Halifax can get a few stops, and control the clock they can pull an upset. If GW comes out making mistakes, that will aid Halifax as well.

GW’s defense has to make a statement. Tunstall and Patrick County both scored on them and Kendrick ran wild. Halifax has a good group of WRs and a solid group of RBs. I think Halifax is a year or so away but I don’t think a win over GW would a major upset.

Reactions: lyhsports
Needless to say, I've been waiting all year for this. The Comet Crazies driving down will be under a Whiteout theme for those driving to the game. I think that, if it turns out to be a close game, the Halifax can win it. If not, GW can win by 15+. I cant see Halifax beating them more than 10 points, and it will surly be a high scoring game. With GW and Halifax back in the same region, I'm hoping that the rivalry will be renewed to how strong it was back in the 90s. We was one of the biggest rivalries in the State at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT