ADVERTISEMENT

Halifax Co set to get new stadium

My parents are from Halifax and I lived there from about 5-11. Baseball was definitely the game to play when I was there. I played and was a pretty good pitcher growing up. Then I got older and girls caught my eye haha.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
With the right coach to bring in excitement, Halifax could be a force. Halifax is a county rich in athletics, especially baseball and softball. The middle school program is real good. Get the right football mind in the county and they could very well be a factor in 4a.
5a

My parents are from Halifax and I lived there from about 5-11. Baseball was definitely the game to play when I was there. I played and was a pretty good pitcher growing up. Then I got older and girls caught my eye haha.
Blue eyed, red headed?

Somebody that knows somebody at Halifax, tell them we need a game for the next cycle. We have played them in the past, and would love to again.

Hey Mike, we might be kin. My grand father was a "sharecropper" in Halifax. I never knew him, as he passed before I was born.

In all seriousness, I probably have a good number of kin in that area, but I don't know a single person there, that I'm kin to.

Reactions: mike salem
Well, they were .500 last season. Mind you, they didn't exactly beat five top teams.

Well, they were .500 last season. Mind you, they didn't exactly beat five top teams.
Yeah being .500 in the Piedmont isn't a big accomplishment right now unfortunately. Danville is always good, Magna Vista is usually right there with them. Franklin Co has potential with a good coach and some good players. Otherwise, the Piedmont is avg to poor in football (Martinsville, Halifax, Tunstall, Bassett, & Patrick)

Greyson Throckmorton is heading into his second year as the head coach at Halifax. Last year they finished 5-5 with a 1 point loss to Dan River and lost to Franklin County and Magna Vista by a touchdown or less.

It's a baseball dominant school. If a staff can get the kids out, they could turn things around. The key is getting them to come out. It's a very large county and from what I've heard in the past is that due to kids homes being long drives from the school, many don't come out because they don't have rides.

Greyson Throckmorton is heading into his second year as the head coach at Halifax. Last year they finished 5-5 with a 1 point loss to Dan River and lost to Franklin County and Magna Vista by a touchdown or less.

It's a baseball dominant school. If a staff can get the kids out, they could turn things around. The key is getting them to come out. It's a very large county and from what I've heard in the past is that due to kids homes being long drives from the school, many don't come out because they don't have rides.
Well said brother. I could be wrong, but at one time Halifax was the largest county (area) in the state of VA. Pittsylvania, Halifax and Franklin are huge counties. Pittsylvania has 4 high schools while Halifax and Franklin only has 1 high school each.

DSH will be holding his head low after that night , I will say a nightly night prayer for you buddy, love ya buddy! Look at the cycle , 2013 , 2017, hmmmabout 2019 dinwiddie will be fit for a run especially. 2020...right on schedule

DSH will be holding his head low after that night , I will say a nightly night prayer for you buddy, love ya buddy! Look at the cycle , 2013 , 2017, hmmmabout 2019 dinwiddie will be fit for a run especially. 2020...right on schedule
Both teams will be at the top of their regions in both years. A lot of power points will be awarded, win or lose. A lot can change, but that 2019 game is going to be very very good. It’s way too early to even be thinking about 2020 LOL!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT