ADVERTISEMENT

Halifax County 65 Tunstall 50

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
Blue Comets get back on track and improves to 15-3 (7-2 Piedmont). Tunstall has a lot of young talent, lack of coaching is hurting them. A LOT better than 8-12 this year. Those kids deserve a lot better.

DSH I wonder what's going on at Tunstall. There was a rumor about 2 weeks ago that Coach Lloyd had stepped down. When Martinsville played them last week he never got off the bench and the gentleman who coached the jv team the last couple of years, a heavy set individual, stayed on his feet and did all of the coaching. Just saying, seems something is going on behind the scenes. They have some good talent but they are very young. The 2 freshmen guards have a chance to be very good players.

DSH I wonder what's going on at Tunstall. There was a rumor about 2 weeks ago that Coach Lloyd had stepped down. When Martinsville played them last week he never got off the bench and the gentleman who coached the jv team the last couple of years, a heavy set individual, stayed on his feet and did all of the coaching. Just saying, seems something is going on behind the scenes. They have some good talent but they are very young. The 2 freshmen guards have a chance to be very good players.
Yessir! Lloyd stepped down for health problems, though I’ve heard differently (I won’t publish as I think a lot of Eddy Lloyd). They moved their top varsity assistant for the past 2 years down to JV and promoted the JV Head Coach, which is a huge slap in the face to that young man. He’s a way better man than me and I’ll leave it at that. If those kids had a real coach instead of a yes man, I think they’d win their region this year. At Tunstall they think just because you go to a couple coaching clinics and watch UNC basketball, you’re a coach. Being an alum, I hate it for those kids. They are at least a 14-6 team with a solid coach. Know what’s funny Hrspasture1? You get that new head coach posting team pictures smiling after they run the score up on poor Patrick County or Bassett to get a pat on the back for absolutely nothing... It’s more about the adults out there than it is for the kids. I don’t think ANYTHING of Tunstall’s athletic program, but that’s not going to stop me from promoting and cheering for those kids in Dry Fork.

Reactions: AntGZee
Dang, that's a shame about Coach Lloyd. He had a run of what...20+ years?
He’s still on the bench. I think it’s closer to 30. He took over after Howard West. Lloyd is an outstanding person but I’ve never agreed with his coaching methods.

You may have heard the same thing we did, that it wasnt health related. I dont think Eddy took over for Howard West, who by the way was a great coach. Seems like they had a coach named Oakes for some years think he coached when Warren Martin was there. Eddy coached at Chatham before he came to Tunstall I do believe. Of course my old feeble mind might be playing tricks on me.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
You may have heard the same thing we did, that it wasnt health related. I dont think Eddy took over for Howard West, who by the was ay was a great coach. Seems like they had a coach named Oakes for some years think he coached when Warren Martin was there. Eddy coached at Chatham before he came to Tunstall I do believe. Of course my old feeble mind might be playing tricks on me.
You’re 100% spot on with everything in your post. The health thing was just a smoke screen. Eddy was on Tunstall’s bench last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT