ADVERTISEMENT

Hamspear

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Now that the ass whipping is over I can talk about Sherando.... EV will be without 2 star offensive players but still have the qb stallings who can beat you in the air or ground. You also have Orange who is the backup RB who is proving to be hard to take down. Sherando will win easily so I'm not wasting a trip to Stephens City. 61-21 61-14 range for Sherando. EV still can manage a 7-3 record for the season but will have to travel to the East now for the playoffs.

I don't think the score will will be that bad OCBOY, we without our #1 running back last night, but I think he will be back next week. It was more of slight injury , take the night off kind of thing. I still expect a good game.

Reactions: OCBoy
I don't think the score will will be that bad OCBOY, we without our #1 running back last night, but I think he will be back next week. It was more of slight injury , take the night off kind of thing. I still expect a good game.
Good JV game tonight very hard fought game for two evenly matched teams. Coach Hall was there and him and Hatfield talked the entire half time. There was mention at the beginning of the season with Sherando being added to the schedule that Hall and Hatfield are very good friends and go way back. Thought that it was interesting and pretty cool that they have made it a point to actually play or scrimmage every year.

Both starting RB's out for EV....still have others to carry the mail but that hurts on both sides of the ball

Sophomore Montrez Orange will be the RB and by the time he is a senior he will be a beast

We should have the usual starter back, and a few others that carried the ball last week. But we have some others banged up, but that's football next man up!

Good JV game tonight very hard fought game for two evenly matched teams. Coach Hall was there and him and Hatfield talked the entire half time. There was mention at the beginning of the season with Sherando being added to the schedule that Hall and Hatfield are very good friends and go way back. Thought that it was interesting and pretty cool that they have made it a point to actually play or scrimmage every year.
I think this will be the first regular season matchup, but we have scrimmaged EV for a while now, always a nice scrimmage. Good luck to your players getting healthy for the rest of the season, always hate playing teams when they have a few players banged up, always make you think we could have done this or that , if we had this guy or that guy, but truth is that's why football is a team sport, never rely on one or two players players to carry your team, good to have options . hopefully EV has options. I want to see a good game!

I think this will be the first regular season matchup, but we have scrimmaged EV for a while now, always a nice scrimmage. Good luck to your players getting healthy for the rest of the season, always hate playing teams when they have a few players banged up, always make you think we could have done this or that , if we had this guy or that guy, but truth is that's why football is a team sport, never rely on one or two players players to carry your team, good to have options . hopefully EV has options. I want to see a good game!
Hall definitely won't run the score up on Hatfield. Stallings is a beast and Orange the RB looked good last week for a sophomore

OC Boy. Come to the game, I will give you VIP treatment, and a couple hot dogs on the house.
Haha I haven't been to Sherando since 98 I was going to come but I'm going to the Chancellor/Liberty game. That seems to be more like a game and a game Liberty could win. Liberty match ups better with chancellor so I see a better game there. I definitely will be at EV next year when Sherando comes to town.

Darn Hammy, we are off this week. Where is the offer of free hot dogs for me? Geez!

Just kidding, of course. I'm going to Hanover at Hopewell. This is a game that could go either way. If Cheatham was playing, it would probably be a blowout for Hanover. He is that good. But, it may be about even now. The one thing that may throw the game to Hanover is their huge and talented offensive line. I think they can open a hole for whomever carries the ball. I was decidedly picking Hopewell until Bleeding Navy talked with me. Now, I just don't know.

DP , anytime you want to come up, VIP treatment, including staying at my crib and after party at my man Doug's house after the game. It's always the place to be to talk football after the game. You know you have the open invitation lol

Ok buddie , but chancellor might bring the smack down this week, Liberty might be a little down
Chancellor was good but they aren't as good as people making them be. Chancellor will be good next year but this year they look average to me

Who wins Chancellor vs JM?
James Monroe will have all it can handle. I do believe JM is having a "down" year compared to others. Yes Chancellor can beat JM will they I'm not sure yet. I'd like to see JM one more time and I will be able to give you a direct answer. Courtland beats JM and Chancellor easily though.

James Monroe will have all it can handle. I do believe JM is having a "down" year compared to others. Yes Chancellor can beat JM will they I'm not sure yet. I'd like to see JM one more time and I will be able to give you a direct answer. Courtland beats JM and Chancellor easily though.
Geez. I'm sorry but I don't believe the Cougars will easily beat either JM or Chancellor. Actually JM is showing they're not down at all and the Chargers are really beginning to surge. Both will be very dangerous for anyone, especially at playoff time, which they will both qualify for. Until Courtland starts playing Cougar football, anything is possible, but we haven't seen it yet and we're 3 games into the season. They've always been slow starters so we'll see. IMO.

Last edited:
Geez. I'm sorry but I don't believe the Cougars will easily beat either JM or Chancellor. Actually JM is showing they're not down at all and the Chargers are really beginning to surge. Both will be very dangerous for anyone, especially at playoff time, which they will both qualify for. Until Courtland starts playing Cougar football, anything is possible, but we haven't seen it yet and we're 3 games into the season. They've always been slow starters so we'll see. IMO.
I have seen all 3 and Courtland is by far a better team in all aspects

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT