ADVERTISEMENT

Hanover's Clayton Cheatham

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
I can not confirm but all indications from what I am hearing tonight, Clayton Cheatham will not be at quarterback this Friday for the Hanover Hawks due to an injury sustained against Dinwiddie this past Friday.

This is what happens when you run your QB who happens to be your best player into the ground. Same thing happened last year. As a team that runs the veer I was amazed to see that the way Hanover runs the veer they run it with no pitch man just QB and RB taking all the punishment. They like it I love it.

This is what happens when you run your QB who happens to be your best player into the ground. Same thing happened last year. As a team that runs the veer I was amazed to see that the way Hanover runs the veer they run it with no pitch man just QB and RB taking all the punishment. They like it I love it.

It's unfortunate given he missed three games last season and here he is missing at least one game that we know of. Obviously losing your best player will hurt any team but I guess if there is a silver lining it is that maybe he can be back for next week when they take on Hopewell but if nothing else at least be back by the time they get to district play and the toughest part of their schedule.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Even in defeat, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. He is a warrior, and gave us a fit all night. In body size and heart, he reminded me somewhat of George Ashton from Sherando. Both even wore #10.

I think it was a foot or leg injury, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

Get well soon, Clayton. Everyone deserves to see you in action.

DP

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedingNavy
Even in defeat, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. He is a warrior, and gave us a fit all night. In body size and heart, he reminded me somewhat of George Ashton from Sherando. Both even wore #10.

I think it was a foot or leg injury, but I'm not. Does anyone know?

Get well soon, Clayton. Everyone deserves to see you in action.

DP

I have not heard what the injury is but from what I hear, he is in a boot.

ADVERTISEMENT