ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Cave Spring and Hidden Valley to the BRD next fall?

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Anyone else hearing this? The move, if it happens, would put the BRD at 7 teams and move the RRD back to 5. (CS & HV would still play Salem in football and other sports as well) I would imagine the RRD would want to add a team to put them at 6. Franklin Co wanted to move in a few years ago but PH and Carroll were added instead. (Carroll switched to the 3RD last year) Maybe Fleming would switch over to join PH? If this happens who would you want to see in the district?

Also, all Roanoke Co schools will play each other. (Basically, HV, NS, & WB would add Glenva, as CS is already playing them)

I hope this is true because I think Cave and Valley fit better in the BRD, but I haven't heard anything about it.

Cave wanted to get away from playing PH all along, but the move would also shorten travel because they can avoid the NRV games.

Last year they played Bassett, Martinsville, and Richlands.
Adding Patrick Henry, Salem, Blacksburg and Christiansburg and dropping one of Northside games might be overall less mileage, especially considering Richlands. I think they played Northside twice. I did forget about Pulaski though.

Last year they played Bassett, Martinsville, and Richlands.
Adding Patrick Henry, Salem, Blacksburg and Christiansburg and dropping one of Northside games might be overall less mileage, especially considering Richlands. I think they played Northside twice. I did forget about Pulaski though.
I mean speaking of just in-district games Byrd doesn’t have to travel far at all and all their rivals are in the district.

Just a reminder, it has to be a unanimous vote in both districts to take place. Plus, the VHSL has to bless it, which is usually just a formality.

they try this in the 2003-2004 school year The Roanoke County school board wanted all of its schools to be in the Blue Ridge District. However, other schools objected because this alignment would have created a competitive imbalance in football with the prospective River Ridge District having stronger teams than the Blue Ridge District. Eventually, a compromise sent the two southwest Roanoke County schools to the River Ridge .

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT