ADVERTISEMENT

Helpful link on probable District/Regional changes.

Tuscarora dropping to 4A Region C would be very interesting. Things change quickly in Loudoun these days but it wasn't long ago that they were one of the best 5A teams. Sherando will be down after this year so I imagine the region will be wide open.

Also lol at 15 teams in the Northwestern District.

I had previously been aware that Lafayette would be dropping back down to C3. That was a short lived stay. If they continue to produce the teams as in the past, they should be considered a C3 title contender most years.

What do we know about the new school, "Independence", opening up in NOVA? Opening as a C3? That's rare for up there.

Tuscarora dropping to 4A Region C would be very interesting. Things change quickly in Loudoun these days but it wasn't long ago that they were one of the best 5A teams. Sherando will be down after this year so I imagine the region will be wide open.

From what I here about those boys in Stephens City, this is should their year. I assume from what you said there will be a significant amount of talent graduating?

From what I here about those boys in Stephens City, this is should their year. I assume from what you said there will be a significant amount of talent graduating?

If it doesn't happen this year it will be a while before the next window opens, unless there are some pleasant surprises. Unfortunately Sherando's title chances took a hit not too long ago. One of our big guys decided to focus on Track & Field so he won't be playing this year as far as I'm aware. I can't say I blame him since he finished 2nd in the state and 26th in a national competition as a Junior and he has D1 aspirations, but it's definitely a blow. Worth nothing however that he didn't play most of last year due to an injury though.

I'd still be surprised if Sherando's record is anything but 9-1 or 10-0 at the end of the regular season, but a few new faces will need to step up if they're going to have a realistic chance of making it farther than the semi-finals. This should be the best Warriors team in a very long time, maybe ever.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Looks like Region 4D will lose a net of 3 schools. (William Byrd, Carroll Co, LCA, and Charlottesville drop to C3, while Halifax will join 4D) With only 9 teams in the Region I would expect only 6 to make the playoffs.

Franklin Co looks to be joining the BRD, while the RRD remains intact.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Looks like Region 4D will lose a net of 3 schools. (William Byrd, Carroll Co, LCA, and Charlottesville drop to C3, while Halifax will join 4D) With only 9 teams in the Region I would expect only 6 to make the playoffs

Franklin Co looks to be joining the BRD, while the RRD remains intact.

The VHSL realignment plan is a freaking joke. Getting through Region B is going to be a 4 game nightmare with a semi (total of 5 games to get to rhe state) while region d winner could only have to win 2 games and one semi. (Total 3 to get to the state) Does anybody have any issue with this. I call BS. If you are going to give regions an unfair advantage lets flip flop semi opponents.

The VHSL realignment plan is a freaking joke. Getting through Region B is going to be a 4 game nightmare with a semi (total of 5 games to get to rhe state) while region d winner could only have to win 2 games and one semi. (Total 3 to get to the state) Does anybody have any issue with this. I call BS. If you are going to give regions an unfair advantage lets flip flop semi opponents.
Although the Classes are divided evenly there is a major disparity in the number of teams within certain Regions. Most notably, C5, C4, & C1 have large differences in the number of teams in certain regions.

As far as C4, they should consider drawing Orange, Culpeper, and Eastern View from Regions B & C and adding them to Reg D. I know these are further travel distances, but it would more evenly divide the Regions.

I think the Mega district has worked fine so far. The teams are split into 3A and 4A. I think the idea of this district was for easy scheduling. I would like to see more 3A/4A matchups rather than just 3A facing only Region 3A.

Although the Classes are divided evenly there is a major disparity in the number of teams within certain Regions. Most notably, C5, C4, & C1 have large differences in the number of teams in certain regions.

As far as C4, they should consider drawing Orange, Culpeper, and Eastern View from Regions B & C and adding them to Reg D. I know these are further travel distances, but it would more evenly divide the Regions.
Rather then sending Culpeper and Eastern View why not send Orange and Louisa to 4D. It makes more geographic sense over Culpeper and EV. It just doesn't make sense to add them to 4D. That's exactly why Charlottesville and Eastern View flip flopped a few years ago when the conferences came out. Or you could also say send Lee Davis, Huguenot, and Patrick Henry to 4D but then its the same issue.

Last edited:
We need all the support we can get .

If the schools affected have issues this is the time to petition the committee; the plan is not in stone until August. They have already fielded several requests for changes.

Good golly! Almost $92 million?

I can see the advantages to have a design that incorporates an infrastructure that can be duplicated. But, in this rapidly changing world, how realistic is this? If they build a new school every three years, the third school would be built with 10 year old engineering.

I'm a little suprised that the design is for only 1800 students, too. Haven't many of their new schools been built to hold 2500 or more students?

Thanks for the info EP.

Reactions: EPJr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT