ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage vs EV

86CulpGrad

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
Any Hurricane fans out there? Who has the low-down on Heritage? Deep Bench? Style of play?

Any Hurricane fans out there? Who has the low-down on Heritage? Deep Bench? Style of play?
Don't know much about them but I tell you what..Jermaine Marrow is a problem! Probably playing better than anyone in the state right now, in any classification.. He dropped 41 points on Smithfield in the conference semis, scored 25 points in the quarterfinal against Lafayette and 27 points in the conference championship against Jamestown. Guy's a game changer.

Reactions: one man
Don't know much about them but I tell you what..Jermaine Marrow is a problem! Probably playing better than anyone in the state right now, in any classification.. He dropped 41 points on Smithfield in the conference semis, scored 25 points in the quarterfinal against Lafayette and 27 points in the conference championship against Jamestown. Guy's a game changer.
We shall see. EV's defense is probably one of the best defenses in 4A. EV is very deep and on any given night someone else can step up. Win or lose tonight still EV hosts tomorrow night at home.

Crazy small world story. When I was attending CNU 05-07 I worked for Newport News Parks & Rec. Before and after school programs and summer camp program. Jermaine and his brother Malik were 3rd or 4th graders at that time. They were head and shoulders above their peers at basketball and football back then. Even at that age, they had uncanny feel for how to play both sports. The brothers have different moms so Malik plays at Cape Henry in VA Beach, he's been doing his thing just like his brother though. I haven't seen those boys in person in almost 10 years but I have no doubt the boy is as good as advertised. Heritage will be up-tempo and they've played as tough a schedule as anyone in 4A. EV will have their hands full IMO. Should be an entertaining basketball game at very least. Good Luck to both squads.

Crazy small world story. When I was attending CNU 05-07 I worked for Newport News Parks & Rec. Before and after school programs and summer camp program. Jermaine and his brother Malik were 3rd or 4th graders at that time. They were head and shoulders above their peers at basketball and football back then. Even at that age, they had uncanny feel for how to play both sports. The brothers have different moms so Malik plays at Cape Henry in VA Beach, he's been doing his thing just like his brother though. I haven't seen those boys in person in almost 10 years but I have no doubt the boy is as good as advertised. Heritage will be up-tempo and they've played as tough a schedule as anyone in 4A. EV will have their hands full IMO. Should be an entertaining basketball game at very least. Good Luck to both squads.
You hit it on the nose. Heritage pushed the ball and pressed EV into too many turnovers in the first half. That lead was too much to overcome. EV 24-1 will be hungry vs Monacan a team who beat beat Heritage in the regular season. ** Marrow had to have around 30 points tonight.

He had 24 in the first half.....very hot early....EV started putting too much attention on him and it left others wide open. I would say guard him straight up on the outside....if he beats you so be it. Can't let the others get easy buckets. Fun game to watch....EV made a run and got it to 7 and had them ball....too many turnovers killed them. Hard to play a team like that the first time when you're not use to the competition.

He had 24 in the first half.....very hot early....EV started putting too much attention on him and it left others wide open. I would say guard him straight up on the outside....if he beats you so be it. Can't let the others get easy buckets. Fun game to watch....EV made a run and got it to 7 and had them ball....too many turnovers killed them. Hard to play a team like that the first time when you're not use to the competition.
He finished with 36 points 10 steals

Anybody know anything about Monacan?
EV/Monacan winner plays at Robinson high school next week against loser of Loudoun Vslley/Champe the loser of EV Monacan plays at Robinson against winner of LV/Champe

Anybody know anything about Monacan?
Don't know anything about Monacan but I wouldn't want to play Loudoun Valley. Saw them last night beat GW 80-58 and if I'm not mistaken, that's GW's worst loss since they loss to Highland Springs in the 3A state championship in 2007. They are the real deal! If they don't win it all this year, they'll definitely be favorites for the next 2 years.

Reactions: OCBoy
EV beat monacan tonight in the last few seconds of the game… Kind of a strange game to watch. That's the problem with a consolation game when you're only playing for seed in the next tournament… I don't think the players were at full speed on either side tonight

Reactions: OCBoy
EV beat monacan tonight in the last few seconds of the game… Kind of a strange game to watch. That's the problem with a consolation game when you're only playing for seed in the next tournament… I don't think the players were at full speed on either side tonight
EV has a chance vs Champe but Loudoun valley will be a blow out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT