ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Devils or anybody that knows !

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
I was just brainstorming about the points system and I believe, the way it used to be, you received two points for every team you beat times the number of wins that team had . I know that was part of the rider points . The part that I don't understand is what if you beat a team that was average but that played an easy schedule . Therefore you would get points for beating them plus a lot of rider points for their having an easy schedule . Am I missing something ?

I was just brainstorming about the points system and I believe, the way it used to be, you received two points for every team you beat times the number of wins that team had . I know that was part of the rider points . The part that I don't understand is what if you beat a team that was average but that played an easy schedule . Therefore you would get points for beating them plus a lot of rider points for their having an easy schedule . Am I missing something ?

Nope. Not missing a thing. It's 2 points x number of wins = rider points regardless if their schedule is easy or difficult

Works like this
If you win:
26 points for 6a
24 points for 5a
22 points for 4a
20 points for 3a
18 points for 2a
16 points for 1a

If you lose
14 points for 6a
12 points for 5a
10 points for 4a
8 points for 3a
6 points for 2a
4 points for 1a

For every win a team you beat has you get 2 rider points: 4A Lake Taylor defeated 3A Monticello
20 points for win and we got 2 points for their win this past week. So 20 + 2 rider points.

Now the thing they added last year was the bonus points. For teams that play schools in lower classifications you receive bonus points if you win. So if you be a lower classification team in district you get +2 for every division down they are. If they are out of district you get +1 for every division they are down.

So LT got 20 for the win +2 for their win this past week and +1 for beating a 3A team out of district for a total so far of 23 points so far. For every win they receive we get 2 more points.

4A Lafayette play in a district with 2A Bruton, so when Lafayette beats they the will get (18 + 2 points per win +4 bonus points for playing a district team 2 divisions down)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: gwb16 and wikki
Appreciate if guys! I don't have better idea yet but just wondering if somehow a teams schedule that you win against could be accounted for a little better !

Appreciate if guys! I don't have better idea yet but just wondering if somehow a teams schedule that you win against could be accounted for a little better !

Guess it boils down to does the team you beat or play compile wins after or before you play them. It's the whole problem kinda with the 2 year schedule deals. In 2012 Amherst won 9 games and 6 or more games every year since 2003 so scheduling them was a no brainer, but they proceeded to win 6 games in 2 years of our cycle and we were stuck in the deal and our power rating wasn't as high as he anticipated, but we made it work.

I personally like the system and like the idea of giving the bonus points for playing down. I do think the system favors teams that play opponents that can consistently win you 5-7 games per year in your OOD schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT