ADVERTISEMENT

Hey KW folks (and anyone else for that matter!).............

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I found out this evening that Bob Murray is going to be in Salem Saturday! For non-KW folks, Mr. Murray coached KW football for most of the 1960s, was the school's long-time athletics director, and I'm pretty sure he coached track & field for many years. Heck, the school's gymnasium is named in his honor. Wouldn't it be great if Coach Brookes is there as well? The football field at King William is named after Coach Brookes. Two KW legends.

Last edited:
I found out this evening that Bob Murray is going to be in Salem Saturday! For non-KW folks, Mr. Murray coached KW football for most of the 1960s, was the school's long-time athletics director, and I'm pretty sure he coached track & field for many years. Heck, the school's gymnasium is named in his honor. Wouldn't it be great if Coach Brookes is there as well? The football field at King William is named after Coach Brookes. Two KW legends.
Mr. Murray is a legend in these parts, as is Coach Brookes. Mr. Murray's usually at most home games and sits in the booth with his son, who does the play by play for KW home games. Coach Brookes was at the Mechanicsville game earlier in the season. His health isn't the best, because of Parkinsons, but it sure would be nice to have the 2 people who in my opinion epitomize what King William sports is all about, there in Salem.

Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT