ADVERTISEMENT

Hidden Valley won

rkesportsfan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 8, 2004
I don't know if Turner Ashby just had a bad night or what but they really struggled tonight and this one wasn't close.
This post was edited on 11/11 8:30 PM by rkesportsfan

Salem win to

They swept Rustburg in 3, looks like the River Ridge is just that much better than everyone else. Will Salem and HV meet in the semis? If they do that's a shame.

Re: Salem win to

Yes, they meet in the semifinals on Friday. The RRD was brutal this year. HV finished 3rd and almost got eliminated from regionals in the district tournament but now they are one match away from playing in the state finals. As good as the RRD is, HV or Salem will have a very tough time matching up against Chancellor or Loudoun County in the finals as the other side of the bracket is much tougher this year. Good Luck to all the remaining teams!

You got that right - the River Ridge District is without a doubt the toughest AA district in the state of VA. Cave Spring and Blacksburg (neither made it out of the region) could have been TA and/or Rustburg. Seems like HV smacked TA and from what I saw Salem handled Rustburg with some ease.

Good Luck to both HV and Salem in the state tournament. Both teams are GREAT!

Seems like all you heard from rkesportsfan was that the RRD was the strongest district in the state until CS got knocked out in the regional tournament....Now, the other side of the bracket is the strongest. What's up with that???? I think SHS and HV are both very strong teams and capable of going all the way. Good Luck!!!!

I still think the RRD is the best DISTRICT in the state as there are 3 teams in that district that are very good and very equally matched (with Blacksburg not too far behind and gaining ground quickly). That said, I think Loudoun County and Chancellor are the 2 best TEAMS in the state despite the fact that they play in weaker districts. I have thought that all season long. They have both played very tough schedules and I personally think either one will handle HV or Salem pretty easily in the state finals... especially since HV and Salem have never been to states in Richmond before. That's not to take anything away from the RRD in general or from either RRD team specifically... it's just my opinion based on what I know about all 4 remaining teams.

Thanks for your clarification.....and also, for your opinion. We all have an opinion and I think this tournament can be won by either of the four teams. Also, my opinion is that that the two best teams in the RRD made it to regionals this year. Seems to be the gereral opinion of most people from the start of the season. CS is a very good team and as always well coached....but I think this year it belonged and was earned by better teams. Good luck to all the teams going to states!

I agree that any of the 4 teams left could win. You don't get this far without being very good. I just think the non-RRD teams are the favorites. It doesn't really matter who we all think were the best teams from the RRD this year because Salem and HV are the 2 that made it this year. Salem took care of business in the regular season and got the easier road to states. They earned that by having such a good regular season in the RRD. HV overcame an injury to one of its best players and won when it mattered most in the regional semifinals. Cave Spring beat both HV and Salem 3-0 twice each but didn't get it done when it mattered most and that's why they are not in Richmond this weekend. All in all, it says a lot for the RRD that this will be the 6th time in the last 7 seasons that a RRD team has played in the state finals (with 4 state titles so far) - no other district can say that. Good luck to HV and Salem!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT