ADVERTISEMENT

Hit on Favre?

gymrat10

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 21, 2004
Not that I agree with it, but during the reg season, wasn't there several penalties and fines for low hits to qb's, similar to the one on Favre yesterday?

Quite honestly, I thought the exact same thing. The only thing that I saw that was different was that the defender fell into Favre's legs from behind. All the fouls I saw called were hits to the front of the legs. I don't know if that's the diference.

It looked like there should have been a flag thrown on that play. The first penalty thrown for a hit on Favre though was questionable in my opinion. Favre and Brady Quinn from the Browns were penalized for cheap shots on defensive players this year. I think a case could be made that the d-lineman saw Favre coming out to block or impede his progress. I agree with protecting the QB's but they need to get out of the way after handing off.

NFL now saying...

...a penalty should have been called on that play. Lot of good it does now. Not sure what it accomplishes by Head of Officiating going public with the fact his crew missed it.

Re: NFL now saying...

Wouldn't you rather they admit the call was missed, rather than not saying anything or not being willing to admit a mistake was made?

Re: NFL now saying...

You're right, it is better knowing, since I asked the question in the first place:)

As the wildcat formation becomes popular, how do you see them adjusting the rules. If someone runs an option, which what the WC is, the QB is more of a target.

Super Bowl

someone said that in Super Bowl "if any defender even breaths on QB, a flag will be thrown"

Re: I'd say you got it half right...

No, individual was speaking of Super Bowl, but by half right, he may have just been thinking of P. Manning. by same token, I am taking bets as to who gets on TV the most, Payton or his father Archie. I will bet the bank account, that anyone in stadium named Manning will get more exposure than all other players combined on both teams. This is no disrespect to Manning family, they're a great football family, but CBS will over hype them.

too bad he's not dating Jessica

I was reading something on ESPN that was probably by the same person. He was saying that because Gregg Williams had told his players to get after the QB, even if it was late they would take the PF if they could get Favre hearing footsteps. I think the NFL wants to make sure Peyton doesn't take any of those late hits. The NFL admitted to missing two roughing QB calls against NO on Favre.

Gee, I'll bet Bret feels much better now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT