ADVERTISEMENT

Honaker - Northwood

Aug 23, 2014
Honaker (7-3) versus Northwood (6-4). This should be another interesting match up.

Honaker is young since they lost a lot of seniors from last year's semi finalist season. They have a excellent kicker who is a threat to score from 40 yards. The Tigers have lost to George Wythe, JIB and Ridgeview with a good win over Hurley. Except in the George Wythe and JIB games, they have shown the ability to score a lot of points with a stingy defense.

Northwood has lost to Geroge Wythe, Rural Retreat, Patrick Henry and Bland. The Bland game was their worst defeat and it was earlier in the year. The George Wythe lost was in a down pour of rain that took away their passing game while the Rural Retreat and Patrick Henry games were very close contests. Northwood's strength is their senior quarterback who is 6' 5" and 220 pounds. He is the leader of the team and play maker with only one year of experience at the position. Also, he leads the Hogoheegee District in passing yards and passing touchdowns. The Panthers also have some very skilled receivers. Their defense is good especially in the secondary.

Northwood is not used to playing on the artificial turf, but I am not sure this will be a disadvantage. Honaker does have a very large and vocal fan base supporting their Tigers

Veteran coaches for both squads.

Yeah this should be a good game Doane is a man his arm is amazing and he can cut and run the WR's he has are fast but not that big so Honaker will pair up well against them. The Honaker D is really quick and they get to the ball as a unit #7 is the leader on the D imo and he is a great player. I think it will be him that Honker uses as a spy for Doane this will be a back and forth game I think Honaker will get the win in a close one Honaker-35 NW-21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT