ADVERTISEMENT

How will TX & OU moving to the SEC affect other conferences?

Thanks for the help with the first part. Nothing for the second part?

Seriously though “NIL is total bullsh*t”. Position stated. Can you defend your position with any logic or reasons? I’m not even arguing with you. So it’s not about us disagreeing. It’s about you shaking your fist at a cloud for no reason. Are you ashamed of your reasoning?
Read my posts and you will see why I think it's bulls*it....or you too lazy to do that? Geez I've already said it before, not doing it again

And just to placate you, I re-read your post where you “explain”. I hate to break it to you, but saying “giving kids money for no good reason” is lazy at best and just plain inaccurate. Pretty sure NIL endorsement deals aren’t “money for no good reason”.

Would love to hear your actual thoughts if you’d stop being a surly old fart about it. I mean, honestly, you’ve posted 3-4 times now to refuse to explain yourself. You could have explained your rationale 2-3 times over with less effort.

Smells to me like you don’t really have any rational thought on it. You just think change = bad. Seems to line up with your vague participation trophy reference.

Reactions: Realtalk78
BTW
OU, TX and SEC have all said yes
now comes the negoiations and throwing around money
to make this happen before "25.

Last edited:
The first example that always comes to my mind for allowing these kids to make money in school is Marcus Lattimore. What a tragedy. He would have been one bad dude in the NFL. Thankfully for him the 49ers were obsessed with drafting guys with blown knees at the time and he got to see a little bit of money coming out of college, but only a fraction of what he should have seen.

As far as the free ride argument goes. A lot of these guys would already be getting a free education anyway based on, if nothing else, financial situations. If they have the god given talent to make the school a little more money then they deserve a chunk of the change as well.

Maybe so but is it too much to ask them to pay for their education,food,books etc out of this NIL money? To me no it isn't and I think if they are getting paid them they should have to pay for the education etc part of it

Maybe so but is it too much to ask them to pay for their education,food,books etc out of this NIL money? To me no it isn't and I think if they are getting paid them they should have to pay for the education etc part of it
if they pay for their own education then they will be in charge of the classes they take and when and where - but the truth is they are only there to play football and basketball in some cases. A recent one year wonder only when to class their first semester.

Well let them take which classes they want...if they are ones that actually want to graduate and don't because of lack of certain classes then that's on them...but pay for your books,food, education etc out of your NIL money I say

Big XII
SW Division
TCU
OSU
Baylor
KU
KSU
ISU
TX Tech
WVU

SE Division
Houston
Memphis
Tulane
'USF
UCF
Cincinnati
Tulsa
SMU

Why? They've put in years and years of hard work to earn the college scholarship. The college's give those scholarships out to try and recruit the best kids to improve their team.

the NIL has absolutely nothing to do with the school. It's simply allowing these kids to profit off their hard work and talent while they can. You never know when they could suffer a career ending injury(sometimes life ending) so why deny them the chance to maximize their hard work and talent and earn a little extra money? The NIL costs the schools nothing on paper, the schools aren't paying the kids unless they're using their likeness.

put it this way: Florida made literally MILLIONS from #15 jerseys while Tebow was in school. Why should Florida get to make immense profit off of the hard work and labor of a teenage or very young adult player?

Reactions: one man
You lost me at it has nothing to do with the school....it has everything to do with it...on the front of their jersey is the schools name.

Is it too much to ask these guys to pay for school when they are making money for being a good or great athlete? Or just give them everything they want

You lost me at it has nothing to do with the school....it has everything to do with it...on the front of their jersey is the schools name.

Is it too much to ask these guys to pay for school when they are making money for being a good or great athlete? Or just give them everything they want
They aren't given anything. They have earned it by working years and years on and off the field to become talented enough to be recruited by a big time school.

I'm saying the school isn't cutting the players checks for playing to go along with all that a scholarship entails, they are earning money by using their own name, not the schools name. So yes, why offer them scholarships in the first place if you expect them to pay for school? Other students can earn as much as they want doing other things, why should athletes be denied that same avenue?

Still advertising the school name Everytime they put a uniform on with their name on it...I just think they should pay for everything while at this school...part of life cause once their careers are over they will actually have to pay for a house,insurance,food etc. It's called living life...I just think they are given too much at a young age

We clearly disagree about this entire NIL thing...oh well life goes on...and guess what me,you and most everyone else have to pay for it ourselves

This thread sucks I keep looking at new posts an there not about the big 12 it's just 2 kids arguing over NIL

You’re not wrong, but truthfully this HS sports message board isn’t the best place to find info on college Athletics conference realignment.

th latst rumors is that Clemson and FSU also expressed interest in joining

E7zsZwBXIAUVExG

From what I've read that guy Marc Ryan isn't a very reliable source. Don't really see what the benefit would be for them to move to the SEC. If either of them win the ACC especially Clemson there pretty much lock up one of the 4 playoff seats.

From what I've read that guy Marc Ryan isn't a very reliable source. Don't really see what the benefit would be for them to move to the SEC. If either of them win the ACC especially Clemson there pretty much lock up one of the 4 playoff seats.

Will the Big 12 dissolve with other conferences poaching the leftovers? Will they try to stay together and pull in some from the B5 Conferences? Will conferences get to 16 teams and stop, or are we looking at a total implosion with this round of musical chairs?

TX and OU orchestrated a media blitz to destabilize the BIG12. Getting out of their grant of rights would save each of them about $80 million. I think we eventually get to four 16-team conferences, but it will be over a number of years.

TX and OU orchestrated a media blitz to destabilize the BIG12. Getting out of their grant of rights would save each of them about $80 million. I think we eventually get to four 16-team conferences, but it will be over a number of years.
I'm interested in seeing who the ACC fills there final 2 spots with. I know there going hard for notre dame. I'd like to see WVU with the added benefit that it ruffle some turkey feathers.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I'm interested in seeing who the ACC fills there final 2 spots with. I know there going hard for notre dame. I'd like to see WVU with the added benefit that it ruffle some turkey feathers.

Those were some good rivalry games between WVU and Tech...Pitt too. But I'm with you re ND. That's obviously who we're waiting on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT