ADVERTISEMENT

Hoyas....someone hits buzzer beater 3 to force OT...

Let’s just start posting all the highlights for every former player from Virginia. And I thought this was the 2A HS forum...I guess no one has thought to create forums for colleges...

Good grief....Just having a little fun. Next time I'll be sure to add some salve to my posts to help with the butthurt.

The board is super quiet these days since @pizzzzza has vanished. Hope everything is good with him.
If everybody posted about the college careers of former players, this may as well be the college board...of which there already is a college forum...there is already a Georgetown forum...but what the heck, post what you want and I'll read what I want.

Just because I was bored, I hopped on a basketball board, and don't watch HS basketball. After reading this post, and seeing a few others, have to ask since this seems like the ongoing thing.

If someone, anyone posted about some other players from college like this, would people get tired of seeing it? Asking for a friend lol

I dont see a problem with posting it, but if you wouldn't want to see it for someone else, and only a young man from your area, then cant get upset if someone else has a problem with it, especially when it seems as though some of it is posted just to get a reaction from people

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I am from the Northern Neck (Far East Va near the Bay) and have no connection other than reading about Mac on Preps every now and then in the past.

I enjoyed seeing it. The young man was a huge star in 2A VA just last year. I love hearing about kids from rural Virginia making it big. Rock on, dude.

The more posts the better. Read and skip what you want...

Just because I was bored, I hopped on a basketball board, and don't watch HS basketball. After reading this post, and seeing a few others, have to ask since this seems like the ongoing thing.

If someone, anyone posted about some other players from college like this, would people get tired of seeing it? Asking for a friend lol

I dont see a problem with posting it, but if you wouldn't want to see it for someone else, and only a young man from your area, then cant get upset if someone else has a problem with it, especially when it seems as though some of it is posted just to get a reaction from people

You're late to the party if this happens to be the first thread you've seen about McClung on here. Youd understand why I worded the post the way I did had you seen the other threads. It's all in good fun but I am also am absolutely proud of the way hes playing and representing GC and the state of VA. People from many several different high school fan bases post highlights of him on here....its not just one person or just GC fans. Alot on here enjoy watching his highlights and such ....but some just dont like Mac and never have and others dont like his highlights posted because hes in college now and this is a high school 2A basketball forum. Doesnt matter that he was in 2A basketball just last year.

I for one would read every article posted on here of players from 2A that make it to the college level and have success. I like seeing local players and players across the state of VA succeed....especially when I have had the privilege of watching them play at the high school level.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwhs95fan
I don't see anything wrong with following the careers of VA high school players who go on to have successful college careers. I would not think there would be THAT many of them at any given time that it would monopolize the board.

My suggestion for improving this board would be to make sure you title each new thread appropriately so that people know what they are reading. Take for example, my many Riverheads threads. You have to admit that when you see one of those, at least you know what the subject matter is going to be and you can make your decision to read or not to read. By contrast I hate it when somebody titles a thread "Check this out" or "You won't believe this" or something like that, so that you have no choice but to click on it to see what it is all about.

You're late to the party if this happens to be the first thread you've seen about McClung on here. Youd understand why I worded the post the way I did had you seen the other threads. It's all in good fun but I am also am absolutely proud of the way hes playing and representing GC and the state of VA. People from many several different high school fan bases post highlights of him on here....its not just one person or just GC fans. Alot on here enjoy watching his highlights and such ....but some just dont like Mac and never have and others dont like his highlights posted because hes in college now and this is a high school 2A basketball forum. Doesnt matter that he was in 2A basketball just last year.

I for one would read every article posted on here of players from 2A that make it to the college level and have success. I like seeing local players and players across the state of VA succeed....especially when I have had the privilege of watching them play at the high school level.

I meant read the entire thread, but I just dont come on winter board much. I also said I dont see a problem with it, I have turned on a Georgetown game to watch him. But like you said, you titled it that way for a reason.

Your name doesn't look familiar, so I am guessing you dont venture to Fall boards a lot. I have continually taken up for any kid on here, so I dont mind it at all. I'm glad to see it.

I meant read the entire thread, but I just dont come on winter board much. I also said I dont see a problem with it, I have turned on a Georgetown game to watch him. But like you said, you titled it that way for a reason.

Your name doesn't look familiar, so I am guessing you dont venture to Fall boards a lot. I have continually taken up for any kid on here, so I dont mind it at all. I'm glad to see it.

I read the fall boards as well as winter board....I just havent posted on there in quite some time. As long as I dont get told my a mod that I'm doing something wrong I'll continue to post threads about Mac. I'll post about how Cam Allen is doing at Purdue on the Fall board when he gets to play as well. I love seeing local kids succeed.

I read the fall boards as well as winter board....I just havent posted on there in quite some time. As long as I dont get told my a mod that I'm doing something wrong I'll continue to post threads about Mac. I'll post about how Cam Allen is doing at Purdue on the Fall board when he gets to play as well. I love seeing local kids succeed.

Like I said I dont have a problem with it. I like seeing it, and like to watch the young man play. I can just see some people (not anyone in particular) saying something if a young man from a small college was talked about. That was my point. Don't get upset if its done for other kids

Like I said I dont have a problem with it. I like seeing it, and like to watch the young man play. I can just see some people (not anyone in particular) saying something if a young man from a small college was talked about. That was my point. Don't get upset if its done for other kids

I enjoy reading about kids from VA succeeding in college....no matter the level he or she plays at. So there will be no ill words from me. I'd like to see more posts on here about former VA high school standouts and how their careers are playing out.

Reactions: AntGZee
I enjoy reading about kids from VA succeeding in college....no matter the level he or she plays at. So there will be no ill words from me. I'd like to see more posts on here about former VA high school standouts and how their careers are playing out.

I do as well. And wasn't referring to you, but you know you can see it now, "why do we keep seeing stuff about him/her, they are at a tiny school in Timbuktu"

Reactions: sharkfan83
I continue to wonder why players like McClung dont get more interest from the big boys ! Locally Tech, Tennessee and UVA. Right now all three are doing great without this particular player but that has not always been the case. I'll bet he gets good grades also and will probably stick around for 4 years.

I continue to wonder why players like McClung dont get more interest from the big boys ! Locally Tech, Tennessee and UVA. Right now all three are doing great without this particular player but that has not always been the case. I'll bet he gets good grades also and will probably stick around for 4 years.

Well....I personally think he would have done well at any of those schools. However, I dont think he was a fit for UVAs system. They are defensive minded first and I dont think they seen McClung as being able to be an elite defender. Tennessee had interest in him but they had already landed a player that plays Macs position and they needed their other scholarships for positions of bigger need. With VT....I have no earthly idea what was up there other than them thinking he wasnt good enough to play for them.

I'd like to question their rationale on not offering him.....however, all 3 of those teams are all Top 10 teams currently. So they happen to know a thing or two. I do hope Mac lights its up and makes them all regret not offering him though.

VT has a history of not offering many D1 type recruits schollies in both Hoops and Pigskin from Southwestern Va, and the kids go on to other places and do remarkable in many cases. It's as if Virginia Tech has to "prove" that it's on "another level" and the "local folk" from Southwest Virginia just don't really understand true talent and what it takes to play at a school like Virginia Tech. Well, VT, of which I am a no longer a donor as of this past year, but was a donor of more than 100K over the years, Virginia Tech isn't top 10 or top 25 anymore in football and it's better in Hoops, but has a very poor history over all for the power 5 + Big East and AAC schools. I stopped donating after they didn't offer McClung. I'm a Hokie grad and lifelong fan, but two things got me. When VT held out forever one Cole Beck and finally offered by default at the end, and when they never offered McClung in Hoops when both played in Tech's backyard. That did it for me. No mas. I'm a fan still, but nothing like I was and even gave up season tickets in both sports and I won't purchase them again.

Beck has world class-olympic type speed-that kind of fast Anyone that fast and that did what he did at the Div 4 level is a no brainer. McClung.....well.....I think that argument is over. He dropped 24 on 15th ranked Marquette last night in a loss and is a starter and averaging 14 per game as a freshmen. The kid is going to be a superstar and he's not going to be average or normal or mediocre. He will score 25 points plus per game his senior year in arguable the second toughest conference in basketball. People begged, screamed, kicked, wrote letters, former Gate City with close connection alums like the Houserights and Beasley's arguing for McClung and a VT scholly, local media, an incredible lobbying effort for McClung and VT flat out refused. That tells me, they have people in positions of power that can make bad decisions in basketball and they made one when literally told of the mistake it would be if they didn't offer, and they went ahead a made it anyway. Is McClung another Curry? Heck no, of course not, but another example where more than a few were begging the question of why on earth you are not offering Steph Curry, and the mighty VT rockhead U had to make a point that they were on the level of a UNC or UVA in Hoops and that the local folk just don't understand talent.
Yep.....glad I gave up my tickets and dollars to Rockhead U.

Last edited:
Good grief....Just having a little fun. Next time I'll be sure to add some salve to my posts to help with the butthurt.

The board is super quiet these days since @pizzzzza has vanished. Hope everything is good with him.

Well thank you for wondering about me :)

I've been traveling since Xmas and am just getting back online to catch up on everything!

Reactions: sharkfan83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT