ADVERTISEMENT

Hump Day Wednesday thoughts

Aug 24, 2010
Hello everyone. I hope many if not all suffered little to no damage from Florence. I figured with the pretty blue sky and late summer conditions, we could put our prognosticator hats back on and dissect the Friday games, Seminole District in this installment.

I wanted to generate some thought bubbles. Try to take off your rose, Blue, Orange or (insert fave color) glasses and analyze these games from a breakdown the tape look.

Amh v Bees:
In previous editions, the favorite doesn’t always win. Bees are hot and have won more games at Amh than the Lancers have won all year. Will Frank “Titan Award” Ross pick up the pace and get back on track? Will the bye week bring about renewed energy and focus for the winless Lancers or could we see a repeat of Amh v Bees last yr or back when the spinning Single Wing after halftime shocked the Bees?
Brookville making it look easy so far. Speed to burn and can cover sideline to sideline better than any plastic known to man. QB slinging the pigskin like bacon at a cookout and Glaize and Thompson leaving dudes like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. Will Bees hang half a hundred or overlook the Lancers?

Red Devils v LCA:
Soon to be Division 3 brethren are playing for respectability. Red Devils are sort of rebuilding but the offense is solid and getting more mature each week. They are looking for revenge. Bulldogs got the other Rocco back and look to be balanced. They can mix it up inside and out but have they found an identity. Their schedule has not been as tough but now District play will test your fortitude and mental game. A game which has the makings of a barn burner. In memory of Rev. Falwell, who has connections to Campbell Co (homeplace) and LCA (an extension of his blood,sweat and faith), I would say that he will enjoy this one too.

Lib v JF:
Just another day in Bedford county until the lights come on Friday. The Minutemen are tired of “little” brother talk and want to show those in attendance they are about that life. They have regrouped and look re-committed to a stellar season. They may not have the brand names but as a unit they are clicking and Coach Watts is long in the tooth with experience and guile. They will not back down but do they have enough horses to run with Forest. The hype has been JF before the GW game and now more so with Heritage, Glass and Brookville on the radar. The can hand the ball to anyone behind center and get from 0 to 60 in seconds. The game will look like NASCAR but with more turns, spins and straight bursts. The money is on Christmas and his troop but Liberty will make them sweat.

Heritage v ECG:
This is neither a road game or a home game for either. City Stadium will be rocking for Homecoming night. You may have to park at 7-11 or Miller Park. Get you a slurpee, grab some munchies then join the long train up the hill to the game. I mean everyone knows everybody. Cheerleaders might be mean mugging one another and a Pioneer may not want to lock horns with a battering Ram. Heritage cleaned their palette with big win over Appomattox and ECG (on bye week) has waited around with this date circled from last year. So much on the line like VHSL bonus points, playoff positions and the trash talk that comes with 364 days of “I told you so!” Last yr was all about the defense but expect both teams to crack 20+ points. Can young Mr. Kendrick create his own legacy? Will Coach Woody steal the thunder from Coach Bradley? Will the orange and blue keep momentum and playing some defense that will make those mid-towners walk away speechless.

Last edited:
JF can absolutely get embarrassed tomorrow if they take liberty lightly. To me, this kind of game is as big of a test as their win against GW. How will a team respond once they hear from everybody that they’re amazing? Will they sleep on a team they “should” beat or will they come out harder than ever? That separates championship teams from playoff teams.

JF can absolutely get embarrassed tomorrow if they take liberty lightly. To me, this kind of game is as big of a test as their win against GW. How will a team respond once they hear from everybody that they’re amazing? Will they sleep on a team they “should” beat or will they come out harder than ever? That separates championship teams from playoff teams.
JF is as well coached as they come. I doubt we see any let downs. Glass and Brookville are the only teams in the Seminole that I see challenging/beating JF. Heritage is a very dynamic team but I’m taking JF when they play.

JF at home is usually a different animal. I imagine since Christmas returned, they may only avg 1 loss a year at home. They certainly will get the attention of an undefeated Liberty squad. They will also get more than a puncher’s effort from Liberty. This could be close into the second half but I see JF pulling away late by two touchdowns at least.

There are so many great matchups, how to choose which game is must see.

Reactions: jfcav1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT