ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley high school address or stadium address

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Anyone have an address to where they play their games?

Loook just south of the elem. and middle school on Google Maps . Location appears to be fairly new . Thats my guess .

From US460 West: Turn Right onto VA83, then left onto VA643. Keep going until all the mailboxes say Justus or Blankenship. If you see a Welcome to West By God Virginia sign, you missed a turn. If you see a Welcome to Kentucky sign, you passed it. If you see a Welcome to Tennessee sign, you don't know left from right and are very lost.

you mean Justice, Justus, Blankenship or Hurley.
----
I-81 down to Wytheville then I-77 up to Bluefield OR
I-64 to Beckley then I-77 to Princeton (not much difference).
(I'd say it's 3.5 hours from Roanoke, and I know the roads.)

From 77, take 460 West about 30 minutes to Claypool Hill. Get in the right lane going up the hill - it's the "ramp" to stay on 460, as 19 goes straight. BEWARE - there are shops on the corner and ppl. change lanes like crazy there.
(You COULD stay in the left lane, then turn right at the light.)

Go about 45 minutes to Grundy. After you come down the mtn., turn right at the 2nd light onto US 83 towards Bradshaw.

Go about 15 minutes up a winding 2-lane (you might see a sign for Stacy - don't rem. if it's still there). You'll go around a sharp left-hand curve then back right-handed down a quick little hill and turn left at the bottom. (Should be a sign in the curve for Rt. 643 to the left.)
You'll then start up a long, curvy mtn. Go about 15 minutes and HHS will be on the left. SOME parking in the front, basically none around back beside the field up Straight Fork. Prob. have to go just around the curve and park on the left.

No eats past downtown Grundy (unless you hit the hospital cafeteria). A few miles back is Vansant - you'll want to stay in the right lane (unless turning left to eat) the rest of the way because we don't as amny left-turn lanes as we need.

Vansant has McD's, a Food City cafeteria & Subway on the left, then DQ on the right. About a mile on up at the 2nd left-turn light across a bridge is a plaza with a good Chinese place & Pizza Plus. Another half-mile to Long Johns & Pizza Hut. Another half-mile is a left to what's left of Main Street - it has a good pizza/sub place called Bellacinos & a Huddle House on the other side of the Comfort Inn.

If you stay on 460 instead of turning up 83, there's a Taco Bell about 100 yards down across the river. Go another mile to the end of the 4-lane and on the left is a great little drive-in (Dotson's) with great burgers and a Hardees in the next curve.

Last edited:
In other words, you can't get there from where you'er at now; you have to go somewhere else and start ! Just could'nt help but say that, Sorry! Have a nice drive!

I almost started with that.

Hurley - it's NOT the end of the world, but you can see it from there!

Hey guys, do any of you Parry Mc fans remember when Coach Williams was there at PM? His line Coach was Coach Ellison. I graduated HS with Coach Ellison back in the day. Actually, we are distance relatives. Also, another Coach that used to be at PMc is from Chilhowie, Coach Roe, remember him? Two good guys in my opinion folks.
Hey guys, best of luck at Hurley. I seen Hurley in preseason, and they are for real! They have 3 good backs that run hard, and a good line, and them ole country boys will knock your socks off...... Be ready for a head hitting game. Best of luck!

Last edited:
and be sure to check out the "3 story Wal-Mart" downtown, which has a cart escalator

(it's actually the top floor of a parking building, just like the theater just past the 83 turnoff)

Hey guys, do any of you Parry Mc fans remember when Coach Williams was there at PM? His line Coach was Coach Ellison. I graduated HS with Coach Ellison back in the day. Actually, we are distance relatives. Also, another Coach that used to be at PMc is from Chilhowie, Coach Roe, remember him? Two good guys in my opinion folks.
Hey guys, best of luck at Hurley. I seen Hurley in preseason, and they are for real! They have 3 good backs that run hard, and a good line, and them ole country boys will knock your socks off...... Be ready for a head hitting game. Best of luck!

I missed having Mr. Ellison as a teacher by a year or two. I do recall him sitting in on one of my classes because the regular teacher was sick and I remember thinking he was hilarious.

I've heard he was one scary excellent coach though. There is a story, I dont know how true it is, about him during one of the Blues trips to deep SWVA. During the ride down I-81 the bus got stuck in standstill traffic due to an accident. Supposedly, Coach Ellison made the players get off the bus and practice in the median. Like I say, dont know how true that story it but funny nonetheless.

S
and be sure to check out the "3 story Wal-Mart" downtown, which has a cart escalator

(it's actually the top floor of a parking building, just like the theater just past the 83 turnoff)
so where is the field they play on how can I find that on google maps

You'll then start up a long, curvy mtn. Go about 15 minutes and HHS will be on the left. SOME parking in the front, basically none AROUND BACK beside the field up Straight Fork. Prob. have to go just around the curve and park on the left.

Honestjohn, Hey when your post came up, and everyone seen your address, I guess some people crapped in their pants. I just got out of the bathroom myself!
I certainly hope you have a scene of humor, and take these post as no knock against Hurley HS in any fashion.That is my story, and I am sticking to it, as the phrase goes!
Seriously, best of luck in the playoffs.

HJ - In case I over-sleep and the cafeteria lot is full when I get there, will Coop be runnin' shuttle gators?

Hey Honsetjohn, is it true that people in Hurley have shoot out's bout ever day from their tralers, and the Sheriff is fraid to arrest anybody.

Honestjohn , I just may take this one in, seriously. It should be a very good game. I know that Hurley has several good rb's, and the line is pretty darn good also. I remember when Coach Tester played. He was a very good RB, tough as nails. Are the current backs, in the same class as Tester? If they are, then they are darn good.

One more thing, OCBoy -
If you come down 77 to Princeton & hit 460 West there, you'll have a SLEW of traffic lights. Going on down to Blfd. prob. be about the same time-wise.

At Blfd, you'll take the US 52 exit and turn right at the top. Go about 2 miles and fly-over 460 to the roller-coaster ramp - a 270 degree, right-hand, 5-storyish drop. The merge area is about a half-mile, all uphill; it goes past the traffic light.

Reactions: OCBoy
Honestjohn , I just may take this one in, seriously. It should be a very good game. I know that Hurley has several good rb's, and the line is pretty darn good also. I remember when Coach Tester played. He was a very good RB, tough as nails. Are the current backs, in the same class as Tester? If they are, then they are darn good.
Justice is a lot like Greg Tester was, only much bigger

I missed having Mr. Ellison as a teacher by a year or two. I do recall him sitting in on one of my classes because the regular teacher was sick and I remember thinking he was hilarious.

I've heard he was one scary excellent coach though. There is a story, I dont know how true it is, about him during one of the Blues trips to deep SWVA. During the ride down I-81 the bus got stuck in standstill traffic due to an accident. Supposedly, Coach Ellison made the players get off the bus and practice in the median. Like I say, dont know how true that story it but funny nonetheless.

Thanks mmqp, I will say that sounds like something Coach Ellison would do in his earlier years !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT