ADVERTISEMENT

I don't wanna be that guy but....

Also in 2015: Coaches complaining about how wide the field goal posts are. Also, complaining about missed FGs, claiming that made it even when confronted with video evidence that proved it to be wide.
Yeah that was dumb about the goals

Everyone needs to let this poster go. That's why my only response until now has been wow. I recommend no response or just WOW. Let it go
My statement is that Louisa couldn’t stop Ramsey and the coach didn’t make adjustments after halftime. The ref in the way happens and will happen again. That did not cause them the game. They had several opportunities but that long run for Ramsey when Louisa got close was the game killer. I’ve said it before, as long as they have Mags they will continue success, that man and his team can coach.

LT, Dinwiddie, and Louisa can all be better than Salem, so long as everyone knows whose name is on that trophy.

Every year someone invents more garbage to steel themselves over Salem winning again because they always deep down think Salem is undeserving despite every single shred of history in the modern era telling you that Salem is actually by leaps and goddamn bounds the most deserving because they are without any question the most dominant, consistent program in the whole state regardless of classification.

2015: people complain about flags and game location
2016: people (not our two Dinwiddie regulars) complain about Salem's lack of flags
2017: people complain about flags

Some of you East fans sound like a broken record. I don't care how many times you type "but Salem won so blah blah blah" it doesn't mean this is what you actually think. Salem is smaller than your team, they're slower than your team, they didn't do enough in other games and so by all rights and logic your team deserves to win and theirs doesn't and when the outcome doesn't match up you invent a narrative to help you cope with the loss.

How many more undefeated East teams does Salem need to beat in the finals? Beating them in OT isn't OK, beating them in regulation by single digits isn't OK, beating them by three TDs isn't OK. You tell me how many more 3-peats (btw 8 of those ever across all divisions and Salem has 2) Salem needs. How many more 10 win seasons. How many more postseason wins (btw most in entire state over last 2 decades) do they need? Draw the line so Salem knows what they need to do next and then think hard because I guarantee you those kids will make you move the goalposts again.
I don't know about the previous 2 years, but let me edit this year: 2017: 1 person complains about flags. Don't lump a whole area in with 1 cryer

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
Yikes! Didn't know this would strike a nerve so damn bad. Again I admitted Salem played better and deserved to win. I forget no one can present their opinion without someone responding like a jackass. Oh well. This thread would really boring if the only thing posted was stats, no opinions. I forget in today's world there is no such thing as "I disagree with you and here's why...." there is only "I disagree with you so therefore you are an idiot and a loser ect". Sad but that's how it is.

Yikes! Didn't know this would strike a nerve so damn bad. Again I admitted Salem played better and deserved to win. I forget no one can present their opinion without someone responding like a jackass. Oh well. This thread would really boring if the only thing posted was stats, no opinions. I forget in today's world there is no such thing as "I disagree with you and here's why...." there is only "I disagree with you so therefore you are an idiot and a loser ect". Sad but that's how it is.
Original posts like your passive aggressive opening one got exactly what could be expected. Did you really think that just saying Salem deserved to win would insulate your other observations? Plenty of people said they disagreed with you and did say here's why. They acknowledged that while unfortunate the ref is part of the field and players have to adjust. They also offered a reasonable possibility that those big gains could have just as easily been the result of the infraction as your opinion they were wiped out by the infraction. Trying to play the injured party here just confirms you are that guy.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
In the old preps days this post would have been locked out after 10 posts. Now it’s comical

Way better like this, Rod helicoptered these forums way too much. Lively debate and/or trash talk keeps forums alive, if everyone was just spouting senseless platitudes and tripping over each other to make sure nobody got their feelings hurt it would be boring.

There's been a few instances where someone outright said something that didn't belong but 99% of the other stuff is harmless and part of being a fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT