ADVERTISEMENT

If games go ahead in February-March

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
I wonder how they will handle admission? How many fans can enter the stadiums? By what process are they allowed in? All by advance ticket purchase, first come or parents only? Nice if games do go ahead but if most can not attend....?

They already discussed this a lot on the Class 2 board. A lot will depend on the exact limit placed. Currently, it is 250 in phase 3, but they also would not play high risk football in phase 3, so the number probably will 1000. Governor and wife getting Covid-19 does not help.

They already discussed this a lot on the Class 2 board. A lot will depend on the exact limit placed. Currently, it is 250 in phase 3, but they also would not play high risk football in phase 3, so the number probably will 1000. Governor and wife getting Covid-19 does not help.
The Gov and his wife getting covid 19 shows the futility and absurdity of the rules today. Cloth masks and 6 feet will never stop a microbe. So silly to begin with. Even anal Europe Is getting a serious resurgence. Just move on with life like any other virus.

Agree to disagree again on the whole mask/virus thing. Let's not rehash this. Football, guys and gals, football!!!
Agree/ I hope the limit on attendance is 1,000. At 250 many will be left out or worse yet attendance restricted to only parents of players. Not seen any guidance down here. I’ve asked but gotten no response,

Nonsense. The argument is based around fools and morons who get their news from Facebook and Youtube, there will be no agreement from me on their idiotic takes on this matter.

Here's the former director of the freaking CDC saying Lafayette's approach costs us 1+ million lives.

Now I pose a simple question to you: is one million dead Americans a price you're willing to pay? What about the countless millions more who will suffer long-lasting health issues due to fighting the virus? What psychopath even answers that in the affirmative to begin with? 200,000 people are dead already because our cowardly leaders in government didn't take this thing seriously and you're telling me that 5x that amount is OK to you or anyone else here?

I'm not interested in saying "agree to disagree" with someone who is fine and dandy with a million dead Americans so he can have high school football in the fall, sorry.
CDC guidance and estimates have been all over the place. It’s all conjecture. 20 million unemployed and hundreds of thousands who can’t pay their bills and mortgages and need continual handouts from the Government to survive count a lot too. It’s a lot more than just HS football, it’s the economy and many more lives. My last word here: vaccines will probably be 60% effective or less and 40% will refuse to take. What will you do then? Go into hibernation ? That’s the futility and absurdity of today. Now you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7time
CDC guidance and estimates have been all over the place. It’s all conjecture. 20 million unemployed and hundreds of thousands who can’t pay their bills and mortgages and need continual handouts from the Government to survive count a lot too. It’s a lot more than just HS football, it’s the economy and many more lives. My last word here: vaccines will probably be 60% effective or less and 40% will refuse to take. What will you do then? Go into hibernation ? That’s the futility and absurdity of today. Now you know.

Once again, how many dead people are you OK with in order to get life just as peachy keen as you want it to be? Be a grown man and answer this question, don't tippy toe around like a coward. 200,000 people are already dead, do you really think that number wouldn't explode if we just acted like nothing was wrong and ignored masks and distancing and the basic hygiene that seems to escape so many people? Nobody's out here starving to death because they're out of work, don't even try that angle, you can't point to a single run of deaths from people being out of work.

Like I said, don't be a coward. Tell me the number of Americans that you can handle dying within a few months in order to reach "herd mentality", as our idiot leader once said.

Also, expect basic mandates for businesses and schools for the vaccine. Most states already have mandates in place for schools vaccines with several (including Mississippi of all places) giving zero non-medical exemptions, they will simply add COVID to the list and many will likely pass legislation similar to Mississippi's. Private businesses will be allowed to create mandates for employees as well. The CHUD anti-vaxxers can stay home and be unemployed and homeschool their poor children as well, the rest of society will move on without them.

Last edited:
Reactions: schoolboard
Were all those bodies piling up in Italy just to make Trump look bad too? You gotta love their dedication, dying to own Republicans in some other country.

Anyone else notice something about this guy? No original thoughts of his own. Just regurgitates whatever he has previously read. So, of course, he spews the nonsense that is set forth by his precious leftist rags like CNN and MSLSD. And then picked up my use of the word coward which I have been using to call him for the last six months.

Anyway, I'd say 95% or more realize at this point that those numbers are skewed as all get out. And lest we forget, they even toss in people who die in car accidents or murders as Covid deaths..why? For money and to attempt to make the President look bad.

And let me remind everyone again, this same guy preaching about social distancing, wearing masks, hiding in basements..etc..? He's the same guy who is 100% for looting and rioting.. so long as it makes him feel morally superior.
1 more Hokie is simply clueless about the real world and the risks we all take, I lived thru polio before the vaccine, German measles, chicken pox, mumps and a bout with the Vietnam war. We all went on with life without shutting down the country and kicking millions out of their jobs and yes some are now starving, so fade to black 1 more Hokie and yes let it all run it’s course. The cost is what it is. We don’t live in a Hollywood film of yours where all ends perfectly.

1 more Hokie is simply clueless about the real world and the risks we all take, I lived thru polio before the vaccine, German measles, chicken pox, mumps and a bout with the Vietnam war. We all went on with life without shutting down the country and kicking millions out of their jobs and yes some are now starving, so fade to black 1 more Hokie and yes let it all run it’s course. The cost is what it is. We don’t live in a Hollywood film of yours where all ends perfectly.

Still too much of a coward to write a number. Be a man and put a number down, tell everyone else here exactly how many people should die so you can watch football again in the stands.

Last edited:

People have become too dependent on the government to think for them. Sadly, for people like 1morehokie, it basically has become a sort of religion. I do believe these last 6 months has opened a lot of eyes. My goodness, have you seen how totalitarian Australia has become?? It's very disturbing. And wouldnt you know it, those folks cant even fight back since they gave up their guns years ago.

And yea, I dont know how people these days would have handled the amount of crazy bugs yall dealt with back then, used to work with a guy who had contracted polio in the late 50's..basically destroyed his calf muscle on one leg and yet he would have balked at the idea of shutting down the world.. But you folks were taught to use critical thinking from a young age and that is something that is sorely lacking these days. I'm glad you made it through Vietnam. You guys were/are tough as nails.

Last edited:
Still too much of a coward to write a number. Be a man and put a number down, tell everyone else here exactly how many people should die so you can watch football again in the stands.

You know what? Donate your vehicle(s) to someone. Just hand them the keys. I'm tired of you putting others lives at risk each time you get behind the wheel. All it takes is one mistake and you might kill someone. My God, do you want to kill grandma??? Even better, lets ban all vehicles. That would drop that motor vehicle death rate to zero. Unwanted pregnancies? Lets just snip every guy in the world. That'll take care of that.

Totalitarianism..isn't it great?

Maryland to start fall sports back Oct 7 - VA sucks Northam sucks VHSL sucks most local school boards suck - kids and parents playing and attending youth and travel soccer lacrosse baseball by the hundreds - no shortage of ventilators no overruns of hospital beds - Facts
Thousands of kids back to college - yes that brings cases - hospitalizations and deaths yeah not so much - hell even the PAC 12 headed back to play - the whole “you want people to die” thing is just silly and so juvenile really - it’s a virus - eventually we will all get it and believe it or not neither you me map or Lafayette can determine the length of anyone’s stay here on this planet - just my opinion and that’s what it’s worth - difference is I live in a country where no one else gets to force an opinion on me as long - you want to live in a bunker have at it - not my bag baby - you can only push reasonable people so far from their freedoms before they will push back - my hope is that Chancellor Northam receives his just reward in the lawsuits filed and in the next election -

Reactions: 7time and mmqp 2.0
Maryland to start fall sports back Oct 7 - VA sucks Northam sucks VHSL sucks most local school boards suck - kids and parents playing and attending youth and travel soccer lacrosse baseball by the hundreds - no shortage of ventilators no overruns of hospital beds - Facts
Thousands of kids back to college - yes that brings cases - hospitalizations and deaths yeah not so much - hell even the PAC 12 headed back to play - the whole “you want people to die” thing is just silly and so juvenile really - it’s a virus - eventually we will all get it and believe it or not neither you me map or Lafayette can determine the length of anyone’s stay here on this planet - just my opinion and that’s what it’s worth - difference is I live in a country where no one else gets to force an opinion on me as long - you want to live in a bunker have at it - not my bag baby - you can only push reasonable people so far from their freedoms before they will push back - my hope is that Chancellor Northam receives his just reward in the lawsuits filed and in the next election -

Well Northam will be gone thankfully. But the key is this, the state is going to have to stop nominating RINO's like the last loser they put up against a weak candidate in Northam. They had the chance to select the type of candidate who was not a RINO but because he "said mean things" the evangelical group would not support him. That has to change. Regardless of Northam or Gillespie we would be locked down ala Maryland with their RINO governor. Stewart on the other hand, we would have been open for business by now.

Once again, how many dead people are you OK with in order to get life just as peachy keen as you want it to be? Be a grown man and answer this question, don't tippy toe around like a coward. 200,000 people are already dead, do you really think that number wouldn't explode if we just acted like nothing was wrong and ignored masks and distancing and the basic hygiene that seems to escape so many people? Nobody's out here starving to death because they're out of work, don't even try that angle, you can't point to a single run of deaths from people being out of work.

Like I said, don't be a coward. Tell me the number of Americans that you can handle dying within a few months in order to reach "herd mentality", as our idiot leader once said.

Also, expect basic mandates for businesses and schools for the vaccine. Most states already have mandates in place for schools vaccines with several (including Mississippi of all places) giving zero non-medical exemptions, they will simply add COVID to the list and many will likely pass legislation similar to Mississippi's. Private businesses will be allowed to create mandates for employees as well. The CHUD anti-vaxxers can stay home and be unemployed and homeschool their poor children as well, the rest of society will move on without them.

Do you know how many people they “say” have COVID, and how many people actually have it? Guarantee it’s about half, talked to a gentleman that worked in a 757 hospital and was in disbelief on how many people that they diagnosed with “COVID” and isn’t anywhere close to COVID, the reason why you may ask? Not hard to figure out, media has hyped this thing to an unreal status, it will all be gone in November, believe that

Do you know how many people they “say” have COVID, and how many people actually have it? Guarantee it’s about half, talked to a gentleman that worked in a 757 hospital and was in disbelief on how many people that they diagnosed with “COVID” and isn’t anywhere close to COVID, the reason why you may ask? Not hard to figure out, media has hyped this thing to an unreal status, it will all be gone in November, believe that

One more month. One more freaking month of this BS.

I do expect, if Trump takes the state of Virginia, for Northam to attempt to lock us down hardcore out of punishment. Be prepped for that.

I already voted in person in Arlington because we're already getting threats of BLM and ANTIFA showing up election day. And think the local officials will allow the police to step in and stop it if this does in fact come to pass? Haha yea right.

And surprise, surprise..more censorship. 1morehokie's posts calling people names for not wearing masks gets to stay up. My posts discussing how in the leftist mind rioting is okay while living your life freely is not gets taken down. Not the first time and I'm sure it will not be the last time as I'll be sticking around this time.

Were all those bodies piling up in Italy just to make Trump look bad too? You gotta love their dedication, dying to own Republicans in some other country.

To reiterate, there were no "bodies piling up". Just more sensationalism from a leftist.

The photos and videos were old. Not hard to debunk them. In fact, Italy is one of the nations fighting hard to get their draconian lockdowns lifted.

Now think for a minute, if this guy really was on a schoolboard at some point, think about what crap he wanted to cram down your childrens throats.

My identity is not a secret. My record on the school board is also public record. School Board in Virginia is non-partisan. My guess is that even as a moderate, I was probably more liberal than the rest of the board, but partisan politics never came up when making decisions in the best interests of students. And if you are going to deny the number of Italian deaths, then you really are unfit for any debate. A better argument would be that since the U.S. is less densely populated than Italy, we should not have overreacted based on their situation.
Again, I was in favor of in-person learning, because these students are not isolating when not in school, so it would actually be safer in school with some type of supervision.

One more month. One more freaking month of this BS.

I do expect, if Trump takes the state of Virginia, for Northam to attempt to lock us down hardcore out of punishment. Be prepped for that.

I already voted in person in Arlington because we're already getting threats of BLM and ANTIFA showing up election day. And think the local officials will allow the police to step in and stop it if this does in fact come to pass? Haha yea right.

Like the group of Trump supporters in Fairfax that were trying to intimidate voters at early election sites. I don't care who you vote for but the hypocrisy of many, many Trump supporters is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: wikki
Like the group of Trump supporters in Fairfax that were trying to intimidate voters at early election sites. I don't care who you vote for but the hypocrisy of many, many Trump supporters is absolutely ridiculous.
They weren't trying to intimidate anyone. They were 100 feet from the door and rules state that you only have to be at least 40 feet away from the door.

Did you cry intimidation when the Black Panthers intimidated people trying to vote in Philadelphia in the last election? Probably not. You're probably pro-rioting and anarchy like the rest of the Left.

If standing around with signs or flags is deemed "intimidation" to you, then yes there is already intimidation at the voting booths from leftists as a group was well within that 40 feet rule in Arlington. But I'm not a crybaby like you leftist morons are so it did not bother me.

I'm sorry signs or flags trigger you. When I say intimidation I mean threats or actual use of physical violence. Sort of like what we're seeing in Portland and Seattle currently. Comprende?

Last edited:
Great conversation that definitely belongs on this HS sports board. Good work to all the adults behaving well & ignoring their childish urges!

Meh, you were completely fine with 1morehokie crying and name calling. So slow that holier-than-thou rhetoric down about "childish" urges. In your mind, childish urges are any arguments that do not conform to YOUR opinions. You've shown that time and time again.

I do find it rather amusing as people like yourself are now panicking about the idea of mando-vacs. Where was this concern back in March?? We all know the answer to that.

Meh, you were completely fine with 1morehokie crying and name calling. So slow that holier-than-thou rhetoric down about "childish" urges. In your mind, childish urges are any arguments that do not conform to YOUR opinions. You've shown that time and time again.

I do find it rather amusing as people like yourself are now panicking about the idea of mando-vacs. Where was this concern back in March?? We all know the answer to that.

Weird. Was I? I didn’t say your name. Why do you assume I was talking about you? Got a guilty conscience?

Weird. Was I? I didn’t say your name. Why do you assume I was talking about you? Got a guilty conscience?

I'm not guilty of anything other than being the counter to any argument the left tries to make on here. They shut up, I shut up. I've told the admins that as well. As long as people like 1morehokie keeps his mouth shut I will say nothing. He didnt, so here I am.

Mandatory Vaccines btw. Remember? Back in late March-early April that conversation was all the craze on here. I stepped in and said I'd be very concerned about a push for a speedy mandatory vaccine (I'd still refuse it btw)...and I got attacked by you amongst others for that. Now the opinions have changed... I wonder why?

They weren't trying to intimidate anyone. They were 100 feet from the door and rules state that you only have to be at least 40 feet away from the door.

Did you cry intimidation when the Black Panthers intimidated people trying to vote in Philadelphia in the last election? Probably not. You're probably pro-rioting and anarchy like the rest of the Left.

So I am a leftist for making factually accurate statement? If unbiased polling officials say they were intimidating then why would we need to say it different. Somehow my statement has triggered you. I made a statement about 2020 and you brought up 2016. You don't know me but somehow know what I was thinking in 2016? Crazy right. How do you know I am not a Republican who does not care for Trump? Every person who does not like Trump doesn't automatically become a rioter and anarchist. Just like Trump supporters would say that they are not racist for supporting Trump. One does not mean the other. Why you so mad?

If standing around with signs or flags is deemed "intimidation" to you, then yes there is already intimidation at the voting booths from leftists as a group was well within that 40 feet rule in Arlington. But I'm not a crybaby like you leftist morons are so it did not bother me.

I'm sorry signs or flags trigger you. When I say intimidation I mean threats or actual use of physical violence. Sort of like what we're seeing in Portland and Seattle currently. Comprende?

It was deemed intimidation by unbiased polling officials. Why you so upset? You don't know me but I am a "crybaby leftist moron?" I hate to tell you but just because somebody makes a statement contrary to you doesn't make them an idiot or even wrong. Sorry that you can't comprehend that. Comprende...LOL. Angry for no reason. Thanks for laugh this evening.

Reactions: schoolboard
It was deemed intimidation by unbiased polling officials. Why you so upset? You don't know me but I am a "crybaby leftist moron?" I hate to tell you but just because somebody makes a statement contrary to you doesn't make them an idiot or even wrong. Sorry that you can't comprehend that. Comprende...LOL. Angry for no reason. Thanks for laugh this evening.

"Unbiased" lol..

"They were chanting four more years and waving flags....waaaaah"

Meanwhile we sit in a perpetual state of lockdown while our cities burn.

So I am a leftist for making factually accurate statement? If unbiased polling officials say they were intimidating then why would we need to say it different. Somehow my statement has triggered you. I made a statement about 2020 and you brought up 2016. You don't know me but somehow know what I was thinking in 2016? Crazy right. How do you know I am not a Republican who does not care for Trump? Every person who does not like Trump doesn't automatically become a rioter and anarchist. Just like Trump supporters would say that they are not racist for supporting Trump. One does not mean the other. Why you so mad?

I dont really care if you like him or not. Thats your choice. I'm about 100% sure Lafayette doesnt like him either and he and I are cool with each other about our political beliefs.

Getting upset because a group of people were chanting four more years while waving flags on the other hand..? haha. Like I say, the same thing was happening in Arlington the other day but instead it was Biden supporters. I dont care. That is their choice. What concerns me is the idea of actual violence occuring at these booths..which has been straight up threatened by both ANTIFA and BLM. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Comprende?

Last edited:
I dont really care if you like him or not. Thats your choice. I'm about 100% sure Lafayette doesnt like him either and he and I are cool with each other about our political beliefs.

Getting upset because a group of people were chanting four more years while waving flags on the other hand..? haha. Like I say, the same thing was happening in Arlington the other day but instead it was Biden supporters. I dont care. That is their choice. What concerns me is the idea of actual violence occuring at these booths..which has been straight up threatened by both ANTIFA and BLM. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Comprende?

Is comprende suppose to be some kind of "gotcha" or something? LOL...Antifa, Proud Boys, etc. all these far left and far right groups make some violent statements. Obviously you aren't understanding that I am stating the hypocrisy in your statement. You make it seem like extreme left are worst than extreme right. There is a reason they are both extreme. If you are going to call out one group, call out both. Don't just state the group on the opposite side of your beliefs. Back to MNF for me.

Make sure to vote!

Is comprende suppose to be some kind of "gotcha" or something? LOL...Antifa, Proud Boys, etc. all these far left and far right groups make some violent statements. Obviously you aren't understanding that I am stating the hypocrisy in your statement. You make it seem like extreme left are worst than extreme right. There is a reason they are both extreme. If you are going to call out one group, call out both. Don't just state the group on the opposite side of your beliefs. Back to MNF for me.

Make sure to vote!

Proud Boys arent rioting and looting or making any threats against disrupting voting, that would be BLM and ANTIFA.

And besides, you meekly attempted to state that a group of 50 or so people waving flags and chanting "four more years" was on par with either of those groups. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Even New Jersey that was hit far harder than Va starts HS football Oct 1. What makes Va so special with an infection rate around 5% now?
At least the Lafayette 6 game schedule is set. Not very tough. Bruton snd Jamestown, two really bad teams. The rest are good but may be down due to graduation. Don’t know if this schedule will get them into top 4 or not. It will be close. If not 6-0 their done for the year. Hopewell, Phoebus snd Norcom will make it. Who gets the last spot?

I was going to ask you about NJ football since thats your home state from what I recall. I've been researching NJ football history out of boredom since around February. It's very unique how they keep their traditional rivalry games set to the week of Thanksgiving regardless of playoff status. Something we're not used to in VA.

I was going to ask you about NJ football since thats your home state from what I recall. I've been researching NJ football history out of boredom since around February. It's very unique how they keep their traditional rivalry games set to the week of Thanksgiving regardless of playoff status. Something we're not used to in VA.
Until the playoffs got going about 25 years ago all teams played their last game (#9) of the year against a big rival on Thanksgiving morning (10:30 or 11:00am). It gave a chance for all returning alumni to meet at the game and meet afterwards especially since many (like myself) always returned to visit parents or relatives. Unfortunately with the playoff expansions many were eliminated or moved to the Saturday before Thanksgiving. In my day, 1967-70, there were no playoffs, just a 9 game schedule. After about the middle of october the weather was usually brutally cold. That Thanksgiving Day morning game the field was always frozen solid and the wind howling. No wimps in those days playing football! Nothing like in Virginia. You Played the game or watched it, Turkey dinner was timed for 1:30-2:00 pm and after 2 1/2 hours in real cold weather the wine and other drinks really flowed. My father in law was a part time bar tender and could make the best Manhattan/ a stiff drink!

Last edited:
Until the playoffs got going about 25 years ago all teams played their last game (#9) of the year against a big rival on Thanksgiving morning (10:30 or 11:00am). It gave a chance for all returning alumni to meet at the game and meet afterwards especially since many (like myself) always returned to visit parents or relatives. Unfortunately with the playoff expansions many were eliminated or moved to the Saturday before Thanksgiving. In my day, 1967-70, there were no playoffs, just a 9 game schedule. After about the middle of october the weather was usually brutally cold. That Thanksgiving Day morning game the field was always frozen solid and the wind howling. No wimps in those days playing football! Nothing like in Virginia. You Played the game or watched it, Turkey dinner was timed for 1:30-2:00 pm.

Yea I imagine it gets darn cold up that way fairly quickly. I think what I find the most interesting is how the schools will play a playoff game or two, and then they'll play that rivalry game, then the next week they'll be back to playing in the playoffs again. I've seen a few instances where schools will play in that rivalry game and then the very next week play each other for a state title. And it seems that even schools who do not qualify for the playoffs have a 10th game these days which is a consolation game of sorts I guess. Not sure if that is done by seeding to set that up. Unique concept.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT