ADVERTISEMENT

If games go ahead in February-March

In NJ a lot of games were played on Saturday afternoon. Same thing in CT and a lot of New England.
In West Milford one of the reasons for Sat games was that many people worked in NYC and could not get home in time for late games.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
In NJ a lot of games were played on Saturday afternoon. Same thing in CT and a lot of New England.
In West Milford one of the reasons for Sat games was that many people worked in NYC and could not get home in time for late games.
We played on Saturdays at 1:30pm because back then no one had lights!! Now they play about half the games on Friday night because most school have lights and artificial grass. But half Still on Saturday afternoon just as a nod to tradition. Tradition is huge in NJ and each area is much more defensive of their section than even here; like SW Va versus Nova, versus Tidewater, versus Richmond. As far as quality of play I’d say its pretty even all around.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
State playoffs on the Group A level began in 1970. In old Region A, the Eastern Shore District teams were not eligible the first two or three years because they played games on Thanksgiving Day

Maryland to start fall sports back Oct 7 - VA sucks Northam sucks VHSL sucks most local school boards suck - kids and parents playing and attending youth and travel soccer lacrosse baseball by the hundreds - no shortage of ventilators no overruns of hospital beds - Facts
Thousands of kids back to college - yes that brings cases - hospitalizations and deaths yeah not so much - hell even the PAC 12 headed back to play - the whole “you want people to die” thing is just silly and so juvenile really - it’s a virus - eventually we will all get it and believe it or not neither you me map or Lafayette can determine the length of anyone’s stay here on this planet - just my opinion and that’s what it’s worth - difference is I live in a country where no one else gets to force an opinion on me as long - you want to live in a bunker have at it - not my bag baby - you can only push reasonable people so far from their freedoms before they will push back - my hope is that Chancellor Northam receives his just reward in the lawsuits filed and in the next election -
I was once on the prevent every single death you can train. Keep everything closed, no sports, etc. But that was early in all of this. And the virus was new and we didn't know anything about it. It has mutated to a more contagious but yet much less problematic virus. It is spreading around my family currently. Some of my aunts and uncles in their 70s have gotten it. Literally had the sniffles, felt a little weak, and had a headache. They're now asymptomatic and negative. Time to play sports and get back to normal.

Again, I was in favor of in-person learning, because these students are not isolating when not in school, so it would actually be safer in school with some type of supervision.

Basically, you wanted the schools to do the parenting instead of allowing the parents to decide what was best for their children.

No. I did not see point of spacing kids out 1 day a week, when they are co-mingling the other 4 days, and then come spread it to the teachers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT