ADVERTISEMENT

If you are coming to Tazewell to watch Riverheads…

eh31

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 25, 2005
Leave early and get there in time to ride up to Burke’s Garden aka “God’s Thumbprint” to experience their fall festival. Below is an excerpt from Virginia.org about the festival.

“Come and celebrate Tazewell County's agricultural heritage with homemade food, home-grown produce, handmade crafts and hands-on farm demonstrations in the beautiful valley of Burke's Garden, VA. The highest valley in Virginia and adjacent to the Appalachian Trail, this National Historic District is renowned for its rolling terrain and fertile farmland.

With outdoor experiences for families and children, entertainment with mountain flavor, as well as continued emphasis on high-quality products and food, this festival will appeal to anyone who appreciates history and farm living and all they have to offer.

Bring a lawn chair...relax and enjoy musical entertainment...and be sure to come hungry!”

Burke’s Garden is an untouched community in the Tazewell area. There is a lake that greets you when you get to Burke’s Garden, and inside are family farms that date back to the 1700’s and a bustling Amish community that operate two country stores and restaurants. You may see some hikers passing through as the Appalachian Trail joins the rim of “The Garden”. Theres even a zoo there, “the lost world ranch”.

If you’ve never been to far SWVA this is a place that I would always 100% recommend visiting, but especially on the day they have their Festival. I’ll include some pictures below.

thumbprint.jpg
103776426-old-store-building-in-burkes-garden-va-with-a-painted-pepsi-sign-on-wall-.jpg
directions-to-homeowners-in-burkes-garden.jpg
burke-s-garden.jpg

burke-s-garden.jpg

History of Burke’s Garden: https://visittazewellcounty.org/burkes-garden-2/

Address: 7254 Burkes Garden RD. Tazewell, VA 24651

Driven up there several times. Beautiful and unique as advertised. One of Gods greatest creations. The Shenandoah Valley has beautiful farmlands. So does Burke’s Garden. Hope all coming to far SW Va have a safe trip. No far from my beloved East Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT