ADVERTISEMENT

I'm just going to leave this here

Thought Dinwiddie had this one comfortably- was I wrong! QB Beckley was top shelf and the difference. In 4a Salem is the standard. Looking from my team, we would have suffered the same fate if we had won at Dinwiddie, IMO.
Lafayette would probably contained the run a bit better, but you would not have been able to stretch their defense with pass. Salem wins.

Yes I agree. Second half Dinwiddie defense had to double Tucker number 4. I give Dinwiddie coaching staff props on that decision, even through it opened up the run, it took away his major threat he was in the first half they could not Guard him. By the way he is a Junior

Reactions: mike salem
But well played games on both sides, fans were nice and polite the sportsmanship was at another level in this stadium yesterday. The kids, and the Fans Class Act all the way around

Last edited:
Reactions: mike salem
Thought Dinwiddie had this one comfortably- was I wrong! QB Beckley was top shelf and the difference. In 4a Salem is the standard. Looking from my team, we would have suffered the same fate if we had won at Dinwiddie, IMO.
I'll tell you another team that most of us though was a sure winner, Staunton River. That was a heck of a good ball game, too. Blacksburg took the middle away from SR in the second half, and that led them to victory. SR is so used to feeding it to Overstreet and letting him do the work, that they just had no answer when he couldn't.

Reactions: Lafayette
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT