ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone live and in person at the Riverheads-Staunton boys game?

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
If so, would you be kind enough to post updates? The JV game is close to halftime by now but the scoreboard has said 0-0 with 30 minutes left in the first quarter since the game started! Also the Varsity game to follow is not even listed on the NFHS website, so it may not be streamed at all. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Well the JV game has just ended in a 0-0 tie, or if you prefer your scores to be accurate, the Storm JVs came from behind in the second half (you might even say they "stormed back"), holding Riverheads to only two second half points as they posted a 46-22 win.

As I said in my initial post, all indications are that we will not even be allowed to watch the varsity game. If so, then this might be the last you hear from me tonight. Meanwhile in girls action, the JV game just ended down at Riverheads and the unbeaten Junior Gladiators rolled again 39-24. That varsity game will tip off shortly.

This streaming business, as I have reported MANY times, has been very annoying, but I guess considering the state of the world, we can put up with anything for one season. It will certainly be interesting to see what this just-completed JV game will look like as an On Demand view.

As it turned out, the varsity game was livestreamed, although the scoreboard was never fixed and stayed 0-0 the entire time. Not to mention the fact that we had to watch a game that went down to the final possession without a working clock. I am about to post the details under the 1-A thread as I normally do.

Teams in the Mountain 7 district all have Spreaker (radio) announcers that give live play by play action that is integrated into the NFHS livestream. Kudos to all the schools and their administrators for making this happen.

I can picture that. I did watch one game locally in which the local radio station covered the game in tandem with the NFHS broadcast. But if I recall the freezing problem still existed and interfered quite a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT