ADVERTISEMENT

Is Carroll Co & Salem playing again?

hokiebird01

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 26, 2005
Just asking cause the stupid VHSL is telling Giles that their game with Galax has to be played...if this is the case then CC-Salem should too....But I think the VHSL should just butt out and let the teams agree to whatever they want.

Thought maybe a Salem fan would know...thanks

Again why shouldn't they play? It's dumb for them not to play..

Makes for short weeks for teams and in the case of Giles-Galax it's not a district game so why play it in these conditions.

And thanks for your input but you didn't answer my question

Makes for short weeks for teams and in the case of Giles-Galax it's not a district game so why play it in these conditions.

And thanks for your input but you didn't answer my question

What conditions are they playing in? I'm curious...I'm not from there, so I don't have the answer I'm just as curious as anyone else what the big deal is.

The field is an absolute swamp....should not play on it for safety concurns for the kids....and we keep our field in tip top shape unlike alot that practice on it and wear it out....it's just all the rain we've gotten is too much for our field...a total swamp....as a poster said on another forum you couldn't even do warm ups on our field right now....Just not worth the risk IMO

The field is an absolute swamp....should not play on it for safety concurns for the kids....and we keep our field in tip top shape unlike alot that practice on it and wear it out....it's just all the rain we've gotten is too much for our field...a total swamp....as a poster said on another forum you couldn't even do warm ups on our field right now....Just not worth the risk IMO

I agree if the field is not playable then no need to risk it, but then I ask why doesn't Salem offer up their home field for the game or another HS? I know at LT our field was a complete mess one year we went and played a game in Virginia Beach at the Sportsplex just to get the game in. I know there are field turfs around that area, but oh well not my issue to deal with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT