ADVERTISEMENT

Is the system broken?

Sep 14, 2006
I am not sure if it is or isn't but yesterday 4 out of 6 divisions (Westfield, Highland Springs, Salem & Appomattox) crowned 3-peat champions. Are 6 champions too many? In Class 6 the same teams played for the third time in a row. Thoughts?

I really like the 6 classifications. It gives more schools an opportunity to win a State title. Better playoffs and championship games due to schools simular in size. IMAO If you go back to the old way you would still have the same teams playing in state.

I really like the 6 classifications. It gives more schools an opportunity to win a State title. Better playoffs and championship games due to schools simular in size. IMAO If you go back to the old way you would still have the same teams playing in state.
The football playoff system has basically been the same since 1986. That was the year thy went to 6 divisions. I would like to see some cross bracketing in the semis

I am not sure if it is or isn't but yesterday 4 out of 6 divisions (Westfield, Highland Springs, Salem & Appomattox) crowned 3-peat champions. Are 6 champions too many? In Class 6 the same teams played for the third time in a row. Thoughts?
It's no differentfrom the old system except you can't play up. The schools might be on the Same 4 year talent cycle. An some teams are more app to get there because of good coaching.

Of c
Of course we should in this everyone gets a trophy world.

I don't know why I'm even a dressing but anyway.
1. I don't see were I said anything about everyone getting a trophy in the current system.
2. According to Max Preps there are 366 high school football teams. Granted not all play nor qualifies for the playoffs towards a state championship. With that being said I hardly see how 6 state champions out of 366 teams is giving everybody a trophy.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT