ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the year Indian River beats Oscar Smith? L.C. Bird hands down has to be ...................

I heard from several coaches that the coming LC Bird will be the best team they have had. If that is indeed the case, watch out!

I would throw Highland Springs in there too.
Highland Springs has won 3 straight 7on7 tournaments, one in Yorktown (with some 757 teams, I don't know who though), then one in The Battlefield 7on7 and today they won the 7on7 tournament at UVA Mike London Camp. I heard that Hermitage, Tuscarora, Stone Bridge and Oscar Smith were there today. They go to NC State next week.

I don't think HSHS has been beaten in one yet.
I know 7on7's are just that, but HS will be in the mix this year!

Highland Springs has won 3 straight 7on7 tournaments, one in Yorktown (with some 757 teams, I don't know who though), then one in The Battlefield 7on7 and today they won the 7on7 tournament at UVA Mike London Camp. I heard that Hermitage, Tuscarora, Stone Bridge and Oscar Smith were there today. They go to NC State next week.

HERE HERE!!

Hermitage - yes
Tuscarora - no
Stone Bridge - yes
Oscar Smith - no

Indian River will be an interesting one. Maybe only Norview, Glenvar, and Jefferson Forest had better turnarounds.
IR was 11-39 for the 5 years preceding 2014, so they weren't on my radar at all last season. The buzz on them is definitely that they're loaded and the IR fans seem excited. I hope they are in the mix. It will be fun. Norview also had an amazing season. I wouldn't want to ever write off Hampton. Kecoughtan and Green Run seemed to have nice seasons last year, also. I think 5A in the Southeast is quickly getting their ducks in a row, and it'll be fun to see who ends up being the top dogs year in and year out.

Richmond Area loses Atlee to 5A North and Manchester to 6A, but Varina comes in. I think it will be a pretty typical season with Bird being the 5A monsters down south and Hermitage, Highland Springs and somebody else looking tough up North and nobody really knowing how they stack up against each other until they bump heads in the playoffs.

5A North doesn't seem to get the buzz that 5A South does, but they're going to be loaded with good teams up there. Maybe a little more parity than the South...maybe.

Thanks for clearing that up Rod.
HSHS just finished winning their 4th 7on7 Tournament in a row and still undefeated. This time at NC State.
The linemen, defense and all that are really coming along nicely. We already know the quarter back, receivers, running backs and the kicker are real good!
This team will definitely will be at or near the top of D5!

HSHS just finished winning their 4th 7on7 Tournament in a row and still undefeated. This time at NC State.
The linemen, defense and all that are really coming along nicely. We already know the quarter back, receivers, running backs and the kicker are real good!
This team will definitely will be at or near the top of D5!
I hope they can finally put it all together. I have a question how did HS and Dinwiddie both go undefeated and win the same 7 on 7?

I hope they can finally put it all together. I have a question how did HS and Dinwiddie both go undefeated and win the same 7 on 7?
Don't know, I'm pretty sure they are undefeated, and I'm not very sure which tournaments they played Other than UVA and NCSU. I'm pretty sure they went to a "Battlefield Tournament". The Yorktown one I didn't see on their schedule, someone told me that one.

Don't know, I'm pretty sure they are undefeated, and I'm not very sure which tournaments they played Other than UVA and NCSU. I'm pretty sure they went to a "Battlefield Tournament". The Yorktown one I didn't see on their schedule, someone told me that one.
Dinwiddie faithful stated they won the NCSU 7 on 7 yesterday and you said HS won it so I'm trying to figure out who won it. Or were there two different brackets.

Dinwiddie faithful stated they won the NCSU 7 on 7 yesterday and you said HS won it so I'm trying to figure out who won it. Or were there two different brackets.

Who cares? They're just glorified practices anyway. If you got some reps for your kids, got to look at what some kids can do, and got to compete then you got what you went for.

Reactions: springer76
Who cares? They're just glorified practices anyway. If you got some reps for your kids, got to look at what some kids can do, and got to compete then you got what you went for.
I was curious as to how NC State held their 7 on 7. We played in Penn State 7 on 7 yesterday and you're right they are glorified practices.

Dinwiddie was in the Wolf Division with these teams: Riverside, Dudley, Leesville, Wakefield, P J Paul, S Durham, Grimsley, Hoggard, SE Raleigh
Glenn Allen, Jordan, Green Hope, Hillside, Ridge View, Rose, Heritage, and Lee Cty.

Highland Springs was in the pack division with these teams: Aycock, Murray, Holly Springs, E Columbus, West Stokes, R Raiders, Hapville, Wake Christian, East Bladen, SW Onslow, and Chapel Hill.

The two divisions did not play each other, so basically two different tournaments in 1.

Dinwiddie was in the Wolf Division with these teams: Riverside, Dudley, Leesville, Wakefield, P J Paul, S Durham, Grimsley, Hoggard, SE Raleigh
Glenn Allen, Jordan, Green Hope, Hillside, Ridge View, Rose, Heritage, and Lee Cty.

Highland Springs was in the pack division with these teams: Aycock, Murray, Holly Springs, E Columbus, West Stokes, R Raiders, Hapville, Wake Christian, East Bladen, SW Onslow, and Chapel Hill.

The two divisions did not play each other, so basically two different tournaments in 1.
Thanks

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT