ADVERTISEMENT

It's been a fun ride!!!

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
Well my years as a "Raiders Football Dad" have come to an end. Kind of a big pill to swallow for sure!
My oldest son graduated in 2018 and finished his years as a Raider with a 54-3 record and accumulated three championship rings along the way.
My youngest son will graduate this year. He finished his years as a Raider with a 47-5 record (senior year only had 6 games) and accumulated three championship rings along the way.

As a Raider Dad over the past 6 years I've watched my boys be part of a program that has gone 77-5!! What a blessing!! Even more so than the record is the fact that they got to play under Coach Smith and his staff (Coach Stephan Castello serving as interim HC this year). They pushed these kids to be their best and spent countless hours preparing to help their teams be ready to compete. Coach Smith has gone well beyond football with the boys and for many of them (mine included) is a pillar for them to have faith in for the future.

Last edited:
I have a very strong feeling your presence with the team is going to continue into the future. Thankyou for all you have done for Raider nation. I know your sons will never forget all the great memories you had together.

Bo Bob, Congratulations to your sons! I know you are beyond proud of them as you should! I have never met you or your sons but I KNOW, you all are outstanding, God fearing, high character people. I enjoy your posts on here and I have the upmost respect for you, your program, and your community. I pray your sons the best in all future endeavors. God bless!

Congratulations to your boys. I know it was a fun ride for you all. Playing for a man like Coach Smith made it that much better. The things they have learned will carry with them throughout life.

Congratulations to you, your boys, their teammates, Coach Smith and staff, and the community.

Of course I wish your younger son had 2 less wins and 2 less championships, but they were certainly well deserved, and I know that all will cherish the memories forever
Totally understand! Lol!!
Your guys had ZERO quit in them! What a game!

• Love
Reactions: Raiders Radio
Bo Bob, Congratulations to your sons! I know you are beyond proud of them as you should! I have never met you or your sons but I KNOW, you all are outstanding, God fearing, high character people. I enjoy your posts on here and I have the upmost respect for you, your program, and your community. I pray your sons the best in all future endeavors. God bless!
Thank-you!
Much appreciated!!

Congratulations to your boys. I know it was a fun ride for you all. Playing for a man like Coach Smith made it that much better. The things they have learned will carry with them throughout life.
Thanks! Congrats to your teams success as well! I really missed the trip to Salem this year and hearing you announcer calling the game but a whole different memory was made and (this isn't meant to be ugly) winning it at the other teams home field made it all the more special because it was another hurdle the team has to cross.
All teams had hurdles to clear this year, virtual school, hybrid, just staying eligible was a task for some, staying healthy. Appomattox cleared even more though with being the #1 seed and the 5 hour ride (overnight stay) to Union, then the 90 minute ride to Draft; all of these are hurdles they had to overcome.
Then to add the hurdle of Coach Smith being out.... Really proud of the staff and the kids!

Congratulations to you and your family. You have helped provide your sons lessons about life that would have been very difficult to produce from any other endeavor. One other type of lesson that is taken for granted, but deserves to be pointed out, is the example that YOU set, sir. That being that a father was there for his sons without fail. This world would be a lot better off if parents would put what is best for their children above their own needs or self interest. You and your family set an example that should not go unnoticed. Thank you, and congratulations.

Congrats Bob , man what a ride y’all have been on , coming from and old raider player this has been so cool to see all this fortune come to this school , community, and it has all to do with the hard work from everyone involved, parents , coaches, players , cheerleaders, band , administration, boosters , volunteers, wow the list goes on , congrats to your boys for making us alumni proud . Being able to play for a leader like coach smith is a true blessing. Wishing you all the best !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT