ADVERTISEMENT

James wood vs Millbrook

I like Wood. I can't offer any justification, but I just feel like they are the better team in this matchup.

Woodgrove needed OT & an upright to beat Millbrook...
I think Millbrook wins game but I have not seen either team play this year.

I wish I had gone to Woodgrove vs. Millbrook game, that was a helluva finish!

Saw both up close. Millbrook has a lot more team speed. James Wood is much better than last year, but Millbrook should win this easily. But then again, Sherando should have won easily, so anything can happen.

It's hard to measure the rivalry factor. I think that came into play in the Sherando/JW game. Wood was fired up and their fans were ready to go. I don't want to take anything away from Wood...they played well and if not for a couple of turnovers, the game could have had a very different outcome.
I think Wood's success will be dependent on whether Bishop plays. I haven't heard anything one way or another on his availability.

All that said, I think both teams are much improved. I like Millbrook coming off the bye week to win by a touchdown.

I like Wood running the ball if Bishop is healthy , but if not . Millbrook could be the choice here, they have some athletes and a little more speed

I think I'm in the minority here but I see Millbrook running away with it. Field should be in good condition and the Pioneers have been rolling lately, outscoring their last two opponents 113-14.

Even if the teams they beat aren't having the best of years, that's still got to be a massive confidence boost going into the next game. Prior to this year, Millbrook had only scored more than 50 points in a game once, and that was against a weak Jefferson team several years ago. To do that back to back shows a team that is already riding high in the saddle.

Just imagine the scene at Millbrook if they crush James Wood and Sherando loses to Fort Hill on the same night. That last game of the regular season is going to be intense.

Millbrook: 35
James Wood: 14

I think I'm in the minority here but I see Millbrook running away with it. Field should be in good condition and the Pioneers have been rolling lately, outscoring their last two opponents 113-14.

Even if the teams they beat aren't having the best of years, that's still got to be a massive confidence boost going into the next game. Prior to this year, Millbrook had only scored more than 50 points in a game once, and that was against a weak Jefferson team several years ago. To do that back to back shows a team that is already riding high in the saddle.

Just imagine the scene at Millbrook if they crush James Wood and Sherando loses to Fort Hill on the same night. That last game of the regular season is going to be intense.

Millbrook: 35
James Wood: 14
Depends on Bishop. No Bishop and this is a Millbrook win.

Now, I believe Sjerando will be ready for this game but they don't play anyone like Fort Hill. Personally, I believe the Warriors will wear these guys down with brute force defense and some balanced offense but Fort Hill is going to be like playing TCU offensively. They can score from anywhere and at anytime. I think the Warriors win but because I took Fort Hill in my pickem' (gotta catch up somehow) I'll be rooting Red. GL to both tonight.

As someone who has seen both Millbrook and James Wood against a common opponent, this should not even be close. Of course, James Wood should not have been close to Sherando either, so that is why I am predicting the 21 point Millbrook victory, though I would not be surprised.

Guys on the radio are getting facts wrong about last week's James Wood-Skyline game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT