ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson District Coach of the Year!

Louisadad

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 21, 2013
Now that “The Jefferson” is done for the year let’s talk COY. Congratulations to Albemarle, Western Albemarle, Fluvanna, Powhatan and Louisa for another week of Friday Night Football.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackknight_pride
Fluvanna coach gets my vote, but this is by no means a knock on Louisa, even if their new coach has basically been running things for a while now.

Let's not overlook Western though! That coach has been there forever and to go from 2-8 to 8-2 and a home playoff game is impressive, and they return almost everyone next year.

Reactions: OCBoy
Conversation should just be between Fluvanna and Powhatan. Powhatan because Woodson is retiring and he took a team to the playoffs that most didn’t expect much from. Fluvanna for obvious reasons. Most deserving is Fluvanna, but could definitely understand Woodson getting it too.

Edit: BK makes a good point for WA coach also.

I guess I will just agree to disagree then. Why would Fischer win it last year going 10-0 when he returned 19/22 starters and Patrick not win it this year when he returned 3/22 starters. Is it simply because Fluvanna was not last in the Jefferson this year? It’s a cute Cinderella story but I’m not sold. The Flucos beat one team with a winning record. Two of their 6 wins came against 2A teams with losing records. But maybe the Flying Shoes will prove me wrong in the playoffs. With the Coach of the Year I would expect at least one playoff win. Lookout Coach Meeks and the Brookville Bees.

Open your eyes and look at the facts. What Patrick did is way more difficult.

Now my input on COY! My post is not going to be about a Coach retiring. “Real class act this Coach” It’s not going to be about another Coach and his record that improved from last year. It’s not about a Coach that is taking his team to the playoffs 1st. time in 16 years. “Congratulations by the way” It will be about Louisa Coach Will Patrick this is his first year as head football coach 10-0 as each of you know. Coach Patrick receive a team that lost 18 starters. I looked at the head to head Battle on the field against the other Coaches. It is my opinion two front runners For Jefferson District coach of the year would be a Coach Morris from Fluvanna and Coach Patrick from LOUISA. I like to look at the games after they are played. With the Head to Head last Saturday you could see the battle the first half. 7-7. But at half time the Coach gets 15 minutes with his team. The adjustments that Coach Patrick made were game changers. The difference is Fluvanna only received 55 yards the second half and ZERO points. That is only one reason why Coach Patrick should be The Jefferson District Coach of the Year. I could list more than 10 reasons why Coach should earned this. Congratulations to all 5 JD teams for making your season extended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT