ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson Forest preview

Any folks going to be able to make it down to GA for their preseason game?

A lot of people are really high on this Jefferson Forest team, including many of the coaches I've spoken to in the past couple months. Feeling is if their defense can take a step up, they will be a real thorn in the side to a lot of people.

Reactions: lyhsports
They’re going to have to stay healthy. Their defense is vastly improved from previous years, if their offense can match that then I don’t see a limit for them. But there are a lot of “ifs”.... in this district with HS football, there’s no telling what happens.

They’re going to be good, but #2 in the area over Brookville and Glass? Too high. They went 5-6 last year.
I think the JF 5-6 record from last season is a little deceiving. It seemed like every week they lost another player or two for the season due to injury. I understand the skepticism, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finish towards the top of a loaded Seminole district. IMO- Brookville, Glass, and Heritage are all very, very good. Liberty is the team that may sneak up some. The scrimmage last week sounded pretty impressive.

They’re going to have to stay healthy. Their defense is vastly improved from previous years, if their offense can match that then I don’t see a limit for them. But there are a lot of “ifs”.... in this district with HS football, there’s no telling what happens.

Exactly. Too many ifs. This ranking is based on potential rather than a proven track record. There's a lot more size on this team, and they look faster. Hopefully they do stay healthy.

I think the JF 5-6 record from last season is a little deceiving. It seemed like every week they lost another player or two for the season due to injury. I understand the skepticism, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finish towards the top of a loaded Seminole district. IMO- Brookville, Glass, and Heritage are all very, very good. Liberty is the team that may sneak up some. The scrimmage last week sounded pretty impressive.

I have them finishing towards the top of the district also, but not that high. Their record should definitely be better than list year by 2 wins. I think Liberty will be the most improved team n the Seminole.

Definitely a little deceiving when you combine the injury issue with the fact that the lost to very good teams by very few points (heritage, GW, etc)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT