ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson Forest stadium improvements?

let me know when you get the thousand. Don't worry about your tail. That's not the side you should be checking on.

But we're no longer in football territory here. My bad. I'm out.
In my world insinuating that or calling a grown man a lady usually has negative consequences. Shanti you opt to hide behind your computer with the sole intent to belittle bully and intimidate others.

News flash Shanti, DP is a man, conservative, hard working and well respected community member. Give it a rest. Its not even funny.

Stick to football Mr. Video.

Congratulations on meeting the bare minimums for things and being proud of it.

I guess I could move to Salem, pay more than double the property tax, get half the house in a crappy neighborhood with mediocre schools and services. Then again, I wouldn't want to risk the chance of sitting next to a pretentious complaining idiot like yourself at a football game...

Impressive. Only thirteen posts to demonstrate that you have nothing of any quality or substance to contribute to any discussion. I had my suspicions early on, but that one sealed the deal.

Impressive. Only thirteen posts to demonstrate that you have nothing of any quality or substance to contribute to any discussion. I had my suspicions early on, but that one sealed the deal.

I guess the odds of sitting next to an idiot just went up...

p>

I guess I could move to Salem, pay more than double the property tax, get half the house in a crappy neighborhood with mediocre schools and services. Then again, I wouldn't want to risk the chance of sitting next to a pretentious complaining idiot like yourself at a football game...

Your facilities, much like your team, were woefully unprepared for a game of that magnitude.

In my world insinuating that or calling a grown man a lady usually has negative consequences. Shanti you opt to hide behind your computer with the sole intent to belittle bully and intimidate others.

News flash Shanti, DP is a man, conservative, hard working and well respected community member. Give it a rest. Its not even funny.

Stick to football Mr. Video.

Thank you, my friend. But Shaunty doesn't really bother me. I just put him on my ignore list and move on. I extended him unlimited tolerance..., and he exceeded it!

Your facilities, much like your team, were woefully unprepared for a game of that magnitude.

Cute, bring the kids in to it. Classy....

On that day, Salem played the better game. They were the better team. But at the end of the day, our kids knew they had a great season playing for the best coaching staff in Virginia, supported solely by an amazingly generous, proud and supporting community that helped build everything they worked hard for.

And that poor other team had to drive home to Salem....

Seriously guys on both sides need to take a timeout and go to your corners. Let's stop making wild generalizations about whole communities based on a few people's post on a football forum.. There are mostly good people in both Salem & Forest, but there are also pretentious @$$holes in both places. JF is trying to build a program like Salem has, they have a coach who I believe can do it. The facilities are going to be upgraded, but it won't happen overnight especially since the money is being raised through donations and not by Bedford Co. I'm sorry this thread has turned so ugly, it certainly wasn't my intent. Can we just call a truce?

New question about JF, with the losses to graduation who will be the players that will step up and be the impact players this year?

Last edited:
Its’ interesting how this thread started and to the point that it has now progressed. I just thought I would add this. As a Salem fan, I had a great experience at JF that night. Was there enough seating (not counting the grass)? No. But I would have watched that game from one of the trees behind the field if I had to. The thrill of watching people running from the gates when they opened to get a seat just added to the experience. It is all in your perspective. My family and everyone I was with was treated hospitably by the JF fans. Of course if you look hard enough you can find a jerk living anywhere.

Wrong. Plans were displayed at home games before postseason play began.

3-5 years? LOL... You clearly don't know Coach Christmas. He'll have it domed by then.....
It didn't make here to vapreps until before the Salem game so enough said that was my point

It's pretty sad when the AD says that Track and Field is not a team sport. Makes no sense to have a crappy 30-year old asphalt track around a brand new expensive turf field.

You need a new AD.

What he was trying to say that Track doesn't have as much of a fan base or following than Football or even soccer. Since none of the Bedford County schools can even host a track meet (for decades) there is zero money generated.

JF is getting a new AD in July, but the current AD has done a fantastic job.

What he was trying to say that Track doesn't have as much of a fan base or following than Football or even soccer. Since none of the Bedford County schools can even host a track meet (for decades) there is zero money generated.

JF is getting a new AD in July, but the current AD has done a fantastic job.
But what he said was that Track is not a team sport. That's BS.

But what he said was that Track is not a team sport. That's BS.

What you heard was out of context.

He's one of the few people in Bedford County fighting for the track replacement. I wouldn't be so critical of the words he used to deliver the message.

It's pretty sad when the AD says that Track and Field is not a team sport. Makes no sense to have a crappy 30-year old asphalt track around a brand new expensive turf field.

You need a new AD.
Even I have to admit, the statement is wrong (I do not know the context). But the accomplishments:

Turf field
Christmas
Weight room
Consecutive years of great FB teams

He's accomplished a heck of a lot more than most ADs and in a shorter period of time.

Even I have to admit, the statement is wrong (I do not know the context). But the accomplishments:

Turf field
Christmas
Weight room
Consecutive years of great FB teams

He's accomplished a heck of a lot more than most ADs and in a shorter period of time.

To be fair, the current AD took over from a previous AD just about the time the new turf was breaking ground, so he wouldn't take credit for the turf, weight room or Bob Christmas.

However, he has had many more accomplishments not listed here and many not related to football in his short tenure. IMO he did an excellent job. He's leaving to take a full time job as a Professor at LU.

Years ago a lot of football players used to be on the track team. Running backs and wide recievers ran the the sprints. Line men did the shot and discus. I guess now football is year round. Its sad the track surrounds the football field and is neglected by the administration or the athletic department. I guess the weeds will grow high enough so the fans setting in the new stands will not be able to see the football players on the new turf field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT