ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson is gonna be weird 2018

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Louisa more or less cakewalked the district last year, but they're losing almost all of their key players outside of Hunter and Smith. Hunter will be a very good QB and Louisa has loads of talent, but with a new head coach I think they will not be as dominant. That being said, it gives the rest of the district a chance to maybe snag a district title like Albemarle in 2016, but everyone else in the district lost key players too.

Albemarle losses their star QB Anderson, and even with him last year they were subpar.
Western Albemarle losses their QB as well along with the VT commit Luke Tenuta or whatever his last name was.
Orange was pretty young, but I heard their QB is transferring.
Charlottesville losses everyone on offense but Folley, so a new QB for them too.
Fluvanna has a new coach.
Don't know much about Powhatan, but I do know their JV won the district in 2016, not sure about last year. They could be good, but again, I don't know their players very well.
Monticello losses QB and top WR.

That being said, I think the Jefferson will be a toss up, which means grind it out, dogfight games. Oh my favorite!

OC boy is gonna love seeing all these young JD teams struggle in OOD games and the playoffs.

Last edited:
Louisa more or less cakewalked the district last year, but they're losing almost all of their key players outside of Hunter and Smith. Hunter will be a very good QB and Louisa has loads of talent, but with a new head coach I think they will not be as dominant. That being said, it gives the rest of the district a chance to maybe snag a district title like Albemarle in 2016, but everyone else in the district lost key players too.

Albemarle losses their star QB Anderson, and even with him last year they were subpar.
Western Albemarle losses their QB as well along with the VT commit Luke Tenuta or whatever his last name was.
Charlottesville losses everyone on offense but Folley, so a new QB for them too.
Don't know much about Powhatan, but I do know their JV won the district in 2016, not sure about last year. They could be good, but again, I don't know their players very well.

That being said, I think the Jefferson will be a toss up, which means grind it out, dogfight games. Oh my favorite!

OC boy is gonna love seeing all these young JD teams struggle in OOD games and the playoffs.
I don't have any issue with the Jefferson district. I see this will carry over into next season. Not to sure but watch out for Orange they may take the Jefferson this year.

Black Knights, what does C-ville’s defense bring back? You all will always have lots and lots of speed & athletes..Y’all just have the same problem as 75% of us in Region D, just can’t make the stops on defense.

I'm not sure the exact numbers, but I think we bring back the majority of our D. It wasn't great last year though, but it was pretty young, so hopefully we'll see some improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
@one man how do you feel about our OOD games? I know Glass should be good again and that will be a rowdy opening night at Theodose. What about James Monroe and Harrisonburg? Will they be better than last year?

@one man how do you feel about our OOD games? I know Glass should be good again and that will be a rowdy opening night at Theodose. What about James Monroe and Harrisonburg? Will they be better than last year?

I think Glass might be the best team on our schedule. They're defense is going to be very fast, very talented. They've got some dynamic kids on both sides of the ball. They lose all their LBs though and gamebreaker Tre Alexander. We haven't won a season opener since Sherry has been here, hoping to change that this season.

James Monroe is tough to call. They lost a good amount of playmakers but return a couple. They are a team that always has a ton of turnover with guys coming and going from neighboring Stafford and Spotsylvania schools. They would have been elite last year if not for losing their top two players to Stafford. We've got 7 on 7 at JM on May 19. I'll have a better idea of their skill talent after that one.

Harrisonburg has the best two player we'll see this season IMO. Marcus Robinson-Jenkins is a beast. He ran for 170 on us last year and led their team in tackles from his Safety spot. He's fast, physical and fearless. He's a bigger version of D'Ago Hunter and has picked up some FCS offers recently. They lose the QB White but his little brother, who played WR last year, will be back. They've always got size and numbers and they are well coached. Should be a good one in Hburg.

All in all, they will be tough games IMO. We have a lot of work to put in before August though!

Powhatan Junior Varsity went 11-0 in 2016 and 11-1 in 2017. Beat Western in the JV Championship in 2016 and Louisa in 2017. Only graduating 4 starters on offense and defense. The Powhatan Varsity squad should be an improved team in 2018.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT