ADVERTISEMENT

JF game

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Can anyone tell me what was done for JF to host. Did they bring bleachers etc. They earned the one seed so glad they got to fulfill it and play at home

Enjoy the game I'll be looking forward to being in Lynchburg next week

Can someone take a couple of pictures of the crowd and post them? I would just like to see what it looks like.

What's a good guess on the size of the crowd?

JF game is all Salem. JF offense stagnant and JF Defense is getting shredded with playaction passes. Big shock the score is like this. 34-14 Salem

Reactions: salemfan32
I didn't want to hear a one-sided ball game... Darn shame! I was hoping they would tee off on each other and have it come down to one possession. But, with all being said, discipline and experience carry a lot of weight. That's not to knock JF, they are a very good team, but it sounds like their defense has come back to haunt them. Not good! Maybe things will pick up in the 4th?

Reactions: OCBoy
Certainly the defense of JF needs some work, but they also need to be a legitimate threat to pass to keep the opposing defense honest.

Is it really that bad Wikki? Explain why.
I left, the walkways are full, the hillside is a Mud hole, don't just ask my opinion ask the Salem fans I set with them. Most complained the entire time. One of the football parents said she waited so long because for the two bathrooms. Porta John line about 10 minutes

I have not said a thing all year but this is not easy close jefferson is a great team but out classed by salem running back navy Jones not much of a factor. Can we say Salem defense is the real deal

Shame they can't slow Salem enough to keep it close... Jones as Miller are non-factors? The only way that happens is with solid disciplined defense. I saw them play Champe and felt like it would come down to who's OL performed best. I guess I got the answer, so my hats off to Salem if they get it done.

I left, the walkways are full, the hillside is a Mud hole, don't just ask my opinion ask the Salem fans I set with them. Most complained the entire time. One of the football parents said she waited so long because for the two bathrooms. Porta John line about 10 minutes
Not surprised that stadium not fit VHSL should have stepped in and moved the game

Not surprised that stadium not fit VHSL should have stepped in and moved the game
I keep hearing about the venue... Sounds like a bad situation which opens the door to a whole lot of grumbling. People should have taken photos to make their point! If you go to the Johnnie Blu and miss almost an entire quarter? That's'd bad... I wonder what the half looked like?

Can anyone tell me what was done for JF to host. Did they bring bleachers etc. They earned the one seed so glad they got to fulfill it and play at home
Lets see: 9 to 10 k fans paying $10.00 per person.Hmm do ya think The almighty VHSL is a money making machine?

I saw pictures of fans sitting in wooded areas. Actual areas covered with leaves and trees in FRONT of them not behind them. Saw the away stands, just little concrete poured into the side of a hill. Maybe 20 rows deep, 2 sections probably about 20 yards long each(super hard to estimate this though, I got a side view of the stands). Doesn't look like it sits more than 500 tops. Super short steps, saw pictures of people with feet flat and knees in their chests. I think they had 4 portajohns for the visitor side, maybe more but I only saw pics of 4.

This was bad and everyone knows it. JF didn't seem to do much more than bring in a few restrooms to accommodate the probably triple capacity they're used to on a regular game. Embarrassing for JF and an insult to their fans.

Stadium overhaul should have come well before the field. Unless they were playing on salted earth and barren stone there's no way that field was needed more.

I saw pictures of fans sitting in wooded areas. Actual areas covered with leaves and trees in FRONT of them not behind them. Saw the away stands, just little concrete poured into the side of a hill. Maybe 20 rows deep, 2 sections probably about 20 yards long each(super hard to estimate this though, I got a side view of the stands). Doesn't look like it sits more than 500 tops. Super short steps, saw pictures of people with feet flat and knees in their chests. I think they had 4 portajohns for the visitor side, maybe more but I only saw pics of 4.

This was bad and everyone knows it. JF didn't seem to do much more than bring in a few restrooms to accommodate the probably triple capacity they're used to on a regular game. Embarrassing for JF and an insult to their fans.

Stadium overhaul should have come well before the field. Unless they were playing on salted earth and barren stone there's no way that field was needed more.
Amen all though it was a great environment last year when I went the facilities were the worst I've seen almost.

Amen all though it was a great environment last year when I went the facilities were the worst I've seen almost.
People we're standing in the woods no lie, I thought I saw someone sitting in a tree so he could see. I would not be surprised if the VHSL doesn't hear about this from many fans, mostly all I heard all night was grumbling and they had every right to. The worst environment for a football game I have ever experienced and Salem fans standing up in front of me so I couldn't see and they were on the front row so they could see if they were seated. I left near the end of 3rd. I don't remember ever doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT